Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

first game to actually get me feeling emotional

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tunaburn

i never get any kind of emotional response from a video game. the closes i got was the aires death scene in final fantasy 7 when i was younger. But man this game got me. the end of episode 5 was rough.

although i dont like the after the credits part..... i hate not knowing... were they zombies?? good people? well?? WELL?!?!!?!?

anyways, like i said, this is the only game ive played that actually made me really sad. anyone else have any other games that got them sad? as sad as this did?

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By bkbroiler

Nothing has hit me as hard as this. I just felt real despair and sadness at the end of this game. It's kind of a bittersweetness that hurts the most, to me. Reminds me of how I felt at the end of the Golden Compass trilogy.

The only other games I can remember getting emotional at are Grim Fandango (that had a kind of happy, bittersweet ending. Plus I was sad it was over) and weirdly enough, the Pigsy's Perfect 10 DLC for Enslaved.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SexyToad

Well that's it! I have to play this game.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#4  Edited By BeachThunder

If you have a DS give 999 a go.

Maybe Virtue's Last Reward too, but I haven't played it yet, so I don't know.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tunaburn

on another note, who do you think those 2 people were at the end. im just telling myself they are the 2 i left to help her and not zombies....

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6  Edited By turboman

@tunaburn said:

on another note, who do you think those 2 people were at the end. im just telling myself they are the 2 i left to help her and not zombies....

It's not zombies you should worry about.

JellyFish_Gsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By JellyFish_Gsus

Clems a good shot, so if its zombies at the end then I believe she will be fine. Hope its two peeps though.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By SharkEthic

To The Moon made me tear up. Dear Esther and Journey was very emotional for me as well.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By tunaburn

@TurboMan said:

@tunaburn said:

It's not zombies you should worry about.

yea yea... fear the living more... i know fuckin game....

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tunaburn

you guys think in season 2 we will be playing as clem? shes the only other character obviously left to really care about. i dont want to start over as a new guy.

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By frankfartmouth

I'm with you. It pulled me in emotionally more than any other game. But I thought the final scene was one of the best parts. It really got me wondering and has obviously set up a great segue into the next series.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tunaburn

@SexyToad said:

Well that's it! I have to play this game.

yes you do

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By killacam

@SharkEthic said:

To The Moon made me tear up. Dear Esther and Journey was very emotional for me as well.

yeah, to the moon was probably the most emotionally evocative game for me. i loved the walking dead as much as the next guy, but i'm oddly jealous at how depressed it made others.. the end didn't have the same effect on me.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By breadfan
    @SharkEthic said:
    I loved Dear Esther. 2012 has been a great year for these sorts of games.
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By PhatSeeJay

Certainly had me gutted. Fought my hardest to save Clem only to watch her cry her heart out for seeing her zombie parents and then seeing Lee go as well. Then I felt content and happy in a weird Walking Dead kind of way. I did what I could to help her live in that fucked up world.

Damn you Telltale for playing on my heartstrings so well.

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Dingofighter

Throughout all the other episodes it felt like I had some kind of barrier keeping sadness from getting to me, all the people dying was more like shock than any sadness. 
    It felt like I had to keep going and not dwell on the sad things and just try to survive and keep everyone from killing each other, but that final scene was just breaking me down completely. 

There were a few moments in Mass Effect 3 that stirred up some emotions in me, and some moments in other games, but nothing at the level of The Walking Dead.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#17  Edited By Wemibelle

The character development and attachment is some of the best I've ever seen. Truly, the characters of The Walking Dead are some of the only video game characters I've ever been sad to see things happen to. It's rather impressive. Game of the Year in my book, easily.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By tunaburn

@wemibelec90: yes it was amazingly well done

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By UitDeToekomst

I continue to not understand why people are so affected by this game, but good for you that you got something out of it.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By tunaburn

@UitDeToekomst: well i think it depends how you play. all alone. really putting yourself in thier shoes. plus clementine is my daughters age.....

BSw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BSw

I'd really like to give this series a go, but I doubt my (business) laptop is able to pull it off. Has anyone tried it with an integrated graphics card?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

So you're telling me you've never felt excitement, anger, joy, confusion, fear, or regret while playing any game? What do you do when you watch a movie, just take a mental stock of the events and then leave stone faced?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#23  Edited By BeachThunder

@BSw said:

I'd really like to give this series a go, but I doubt my (business) laptop is able to pull it off. Has anyone tried it with an integrated graphics card?

Minimum

• CPU: 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent.
    • RAM: 3 GB RAM.
    • Hard Disk Space: 2 GB Space Free.
    • GPU: ATI or NVidia card w/ 512 MB RAM (Not recommended for Intel integrated graphics).
    • DirectX: Direct X 9.0c.
    • Sound: Direct X 9.0c sound device.

They specifically say that it's not recommended for integrated graphics; but the minimum requirements are pretty modest. If your laptop's newer than, say, 5 years, I think there's a fair chance you'll be able to run it.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By Kerned

Journey made me tear up a bit the second or third time I played through it. It was the first playthough that really "clicked" for me. I had the same companion throughout, a white-cloaked player guiding me to all the hidden secrets. It made the ending all the more impactful. I am currently playing through Valkyria Chronicles. There is a point in that (which I will not spoil) that made me really, really sad.

BSw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BSw

@BeachThunder: It's not that old, but I've seen it having problems with games that seemingly require less from it than TWD (which also said that an integrated card should work). And only now I realize it'll actually need 3GB of RAM, which it doesn't have. Guess I'll have to go for the 360 version once I have some more cash. But thanks!

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26  Edited By recroulette

I second 999 and To the Moon, To the Moon completely made me break down last year. 

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By breadfan

@RecSpec said:

I second 999 and To the Moon, To the Moon completely made me break down last year.

I just finished To The Moon. Between that and the finale of The Walking Dead I am a wreck.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.