Game breaking glitch on Episode 3. Train sequence.

#1 Edited by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

While on the train after talking to The Homeless Guy (Sorry forget his name) While trying to walk back towards Clem's cabin I experienced a game breaking glitch that I can't get by. Here's a video of it.    

The video wasn't taken by me so it must be quite widespread. I'm experiencing this on the Xbox while the guy in the video is on a PS3. 

Edit: Went Back to it the next day and it worked, weird. But thankfully I got to finish this otherwise great Episode.
#2 Posted by Djratchet (668 posts) -

The entire game seems to be buggy. I have multiple framerate stutters and audio glitches on all the episodes on PS3.

#3 Edited by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -
@Djratchet: Yeah it never feels totally stable when playing, I experienced another bug during the getaway sequence in the RV, the crosshair was still on screen from the previous shooting part! Unfortunately this new bug is hindering me from finishing what is already great episode!
#4 Posted by papercut (3449 posts) -

I've only had a few graphical issues, but nothing serious. That sucks man.

#5 Posted by DieselDave (24 posts) -

I got this problem so I went back to the main menu and came back in. Had to talk to train guy again but the issue solved itself.

#6 Posted by Bwast (1342 posts) -

I had an issue when trying to get the item from homeless guy's pack. It locked up for a good 10 seconds and when it came back, I had no cursor and the camera was slowly zooming out. I quit out to the main menu and continued from the last autosave and was able to continue fine. The whole episode is shit performance wise. I'm on PS3 and I've had a ton of frame rate issues and a few audio bugs(speech not matching the lip-syncing.). The other episodes have had their moments but this one is a different beast. At least that's how I experienced it.

#7 Posted by WMoyer83 (628 posts) -

I think this explains why the game was delayed for so long. I have a feeling these issues are going to get worse before they get better.

#8 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10484 posts) -

That happened to me, so I exited out to the main menu and reloaded it. It put me back with Chuck, and when I walked back it worked fine.

#9 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

Yes, I encountered a similar glitch when I was talking to Clem on the train. I honestly thought it was a part of the game, because you saw the train move to the right of the screen slowly.

#10 Posted by Athadam (673 posts) -

I had a glitch where Duck disappeared and Katjaa was just holding an invisible child in the air.

#11 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

@Castermhief117 said:

I had a glitch where Duck disappeared and Katjaa was just holding an invisible child in the air.

This is actually the Shyamalan twist.

#12 Edited by AndrewB (7496 posts) -

@Castermhief117 said:

That's the only bug I experienced. Funny as hell, though it disappeared when I restarted the game ( I tried taking a screenshot, but that didn't work).

I know it sucks to say so, but try restarting the game. If that doesn't work, then wait for a patch. If it isn't something that goes away on its own, it sounds like that's the only way it's going to be fixed.

#13 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Nothing major here, mainly just audio issues.

#14 Edited by DeathbyYeti (742 posts) -

Ive had no issues on pc

#15 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

This is what happens when everybody is impatient and cries about them taking too long, they get rushed.

#16 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

Worked flawlessly for me, barring Clem's hair switching in between modes during the cutting sequence, and the lips continuing to move from time to time.

Also I suppose a door went from open to closed in 1 frame flat, so it looked like Lee had super powers.

#17 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -
@DieselDave: Thanks, tried this and it worked! Damn what a good Episode, in spite of the glitches still found this to be my favourite one so far.
#18 Posted by wewantsthering (1552 posts) -

I had a flawless playthrough on PC. If you can, it's probably the better place to play it.

#19 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -
@AndrewB

@Castermhief117 said:

That's the only bug I experienced. Funny as hell, though it disappeared when I restarted the game ( I tried taking a screenshot, but that didn't work).

I know it sucks to say so, but try restarting the game. If that doesn't work, then wait for a patch. If it isn't something that goes away on its own, it sounds like that's the only way it's going to be fixed.

I had that, a door get stuck in the camera on the train for a few seconds, and the tool I used to prop the door open randomly floating in the air whenever I transitioned in or out of the building.
#20 Posted by Grillbar (1797 posts) -

@Djratchet said:

The entire game seems to be buggy. I have multiple framerate stutters and audio glitches on all the episodes on PS3.

odd i have had none of that. or wait a single audio glitch in the very beginning of the first episode in the cop car when you hit that guy but thats it. also on ps3

granted i have not played e3 since its not released yet where i am. will properly be around sometime today of tuesday at the latest

#21 Posted by rockyhorrorgerri (373 posts) -

I play it via Xbox 360 and no real glitches throughout episode 3...

#22 Posted by Rafaelfc (1315 posts) -

episode 2 glithced like hell for me (nothing game breaking or jarring tho, just stutters) and episode 3 ran perfect for me

I play on the xbox

#23 Posted by Milkman (16532 posts) -

I had not the exact problem but something very similar happen to me. I just backed out to the main menu and re-loaded. It was fine after that.

#24 Posted by Milkman (16532 posts) -
@Castermhief117 said:

I had this happen too.
#25 Posted by probablytuna (3540 posts) -

There's only one noticeable bug in Episode 3during my playthrough, which was when you talk to Clementine and Christa their lips would be moving even when they're not speaking directly to Lee during the cutscenes. I know they're meant to be chatting when you're wandering around the site but it takes me out of the game when Clementine's lips are moving in the background when Lee is conversing with Christa.

#26 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

The only problem I had was a frustrating fps experience and the dialog choices would first. Appear as if I was using a mouse then when I hit a direction they would convert to the game pad interface.

#27 Posted by HistoryInRust (6274 posts) -

Yup. Also got this exact bug at the exact spot.

Hopefully reloading does the trick.

#28 Posted by Xymox (2068 posts) -

That's bad. Didn't get that one, however, I did get introduced to the homeless guy twice, going through the same sequence... The game didn't care about me uncoupling the cars. Ep3 didn't seem very polished on the whole. Dialogue seems a bit off too. I'd rather they spend the time with it rather than live up to the expectations of very loud people demanding monthly release...

#29 Posted by WMoyer83 (628 posts) -

Well I'm sure they would not demand a monthly release if TellTale did not tell everyone it was going to be a monthly release.

#30 Posted by beard_of_zeus (1670 posts) -

I had the same issue. Had to quit and reload, and then it was fine.

Great episode, in spite of that minor inconvenience. Some fuuuucked up shit happened.

#31 Posted by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

This game is just straight buggy. During episode 3 whenever I made Lee fall out of the right side of the red box car his arms would start moving backwards. Not gamebreaking but definitely annoying for someone trying to into it.

#32 Posted by LostFlock (81 posts) -

Ep 3 so far on ps3 seemed to have the most glitches/bugs compared to other episodes. I havent really had to many game breaking bugs only some audio syncs, frame-rate, and some slight freezing when shift cutscenes. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.