Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

How is the PS3 disc version of the game?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By LiquidPrince

I already own the game on Steam, and I can run it at max settings very easily. But for whatever reason (probably because Trophies allow me to play the game more then once with different goals in mind) I want to also play it on PS3. Another reason is I like owning box copies of games that I like. I've heard tons of complaints about the 360 version of the game but not so much about the PS3 version. The quick look was also on PS3 and it didn't seem to stutter much. So for anyone who has the boxed PS3 copy how is it in terms of performance?

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By MetalGearSunny

The frame rate gets pretty bad in a couple of places and it pauses occasionally to load up the next piece of dialog or whatever. I've only done up through episode 2 so far, and it hasn't really ruined the experience for me. I'd say pretty standard for a PS3 port.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By Sooperspy

@MetalGearSunny said:

The frame rate gets pretty bad in a couple of places and it pauses occasionally to load up the next piece of dialog or whatever. I've only done up through episode 2 so far, and it hasn't really ruined the experience for me. I'd say pretty standard for a PS3 port.

Sounds like the PSN version. The game plays perfectly fine on the PS3.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By LiquidPrince

@MetalGearSunny: @Redbullet685: So it doesn't have all the stuff that was wrong on the 360? Is the 360 version a lot worse for some reason?

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sooty

@MetalGearSunny said:

Judging from episode 1, the 360 version is the port, not the PS3. I experienced way more stuttering on the 360.

It's a technical mess on every platform, even PC has the stuttering.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MetalGearSunny

@LiquidPrince: Can't really speak for the 360 version, never played it.

@Sooty: I wouldn't call it a mess, unless you're talking about the PC save issues, but it has it's problems. Still a fucking amazing game (so far).

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By Sooperspy

@LiquidPrince: From what I've read/heard, the 360 version has some save issues. It also has the framerate stuff like the PS3 version, too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.