Hungry for a Bioware-like game, will this still my appetite?

#1 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

How much of this is like a classic Lucasarts adventure game, combining items and such to solve puzzles, and how much of it is like a Bioware chose-your-own-adventure kind of game, with decisive dialog trees and consequences thereof playing out? What is the gameplay like?

I have no desire to play the former, and am hungry for the latter.

#2 Posted by Kerned (1170 posts) -

It is definitely not like a classic Lucasarts game. You find items and solve puzzles, but it's not involved or taxing at all. It's not much like a BioWare game either, because BioWare choices are almost always good vs. evil, whereas the choices in The Walking Dead are much more nuanced. That said, describing it as a "choose-your-own-adventure" game would be totally accurate. If that's what you are looking for, you are in for a treat.

#3 Posted by doobie (605 posts) -

don't play it then... as it is the former and not the latter.

#4 Posted by StarvingGamer (8128 posts) -

Gameplay, in the purest sense, is more akin to classic adventure. Click on stuff until you've clicked on enough stuff then move on to the next area to click on stuff, with a smattering of QTE's. But this game is primarily story. It's probably around a 25:75 split between interacting with the environment and dialogue sections.

If anything, I'd say it's a lite version of Lucasarts gameplay combined with the Bioware dialogue system hopped up on steroids.

#5 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

I'll sleep on it, but I think I'll pick it up on PSN tomorrow. If it's really 3/4 story/talking, I think I can live with the adventure morcels. Thanks for the feedback guys.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.