Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

If you're having framerate problems, try turning off shadows.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By yoshimitz707

Completely removed the stuttering and stuff I was having. PC version, obviously. Seems like this was an issue with the jurassic park game as well, from what I can tell.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Sin4profit

Stuttering seems to be a problem with all the Telltale games i've played. Ruins the cinematic feel they're going for. I'll try this out and see if it helps sometime later. Thanks for the info.

[Edit:] played through the opening sequence 3 times. Once with high graphics (stuttering) second time adjusted Window 7's performance options (stuttering seemed even worse) and the Last time i turned off the shadows. (seems to run fine after that)

The loss of character shadows is a trivial detail loss and the stuttering (usually in scenes with a lot of characters/action) will drive you crazy.

Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Origina1Penguin

I had more issues with audio popping than anything else, especially towards the end of the episode.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MrKlorox

Does limiting the framerate to 30 fps reduce the stuttering? Or would that not be an acceptable option?

VooDooPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By VooDooPC

@Origina1Penguin said:

I had more issues with audio popping than anything else, especially towards the end of the episode.

I had a lot of audio popping at the end too. Also every time the little girl spoke it felt like she was louder than everyone else.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#6  Edited By Sin4profit

@MrKlorox: TellTale's forums say the problem is specifically a driver issue with ATI video cards. I just updated my ATI drivers and can't find my performance options in the catalyst control center and the game doesnt give you any frame rate options.

VooDooPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By VooDooPC

I have a GTX 480 and still have plenty of audio popping.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Sin4profit: Oh I see. I was under the impression ATI drivers had a framerate limiter option built in for a little while now, and that it was Nvidia who was behind on that feature until recently. Still, I believe third party programs such as MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision offer this tweak to both brands if you check the options in the On-Screen Display Server. Limiting the framerate helped my Deus Ex stuttering a little bit, but still didn't alleviate it completely.
    TorMasturba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TorMasturba

I was disappointed by this, my PC system is pretty good and I must've been sitting there for 2 minutes waiting for the game to catch up in that opening zombie scene. Spoiler free hint for where I'm talking about: Seconds after your first bullet shot in the episode.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Turing off the shadows totally worked for me. The constant stuttering during the opening scenes was annoying.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.