Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

It didn't give me a chance to tell Clem... *episode 3 spoilers*

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

That I killed someone. Why is this? There was no dialogue option saying ''I need to tell you something'' anyone know why this is?

Thanks.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Bell_End

because you're doing it wrong...

.. only joking, i don't know why

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By benjaebe

In what context? Are you talking about Clem knowing about you going to jail? Because that's something that you can talk to her about several times in the first episode and I think others as well. If you're talking about the scene at the motel where you can tell everyone individually, you should have been able to tell Clem, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't be a dialog option.

darklight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By darklight

I guess it's when Carley (or the other guy if Carley is dead in the first episode) ask you to tell everyone that you killed someone? If so that's pretty weird because normally there is an option to tell her that you killed someone as far as I remember. Maybe it's a bug? Dunno, but yeah, you can tell her normally at that point.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NekuSakuraba

@benjaebe said:

In what context? Are you talking about Clem knowing about you going to jail? Because that's something that you can talk to her about several times in the first episode and I think others as well. If you're talking about the scene at the motel where you can tell everyone individually, you should have been able to tell Clem, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't be a dialog option.

@Darklight said:

I guess it's when Carley (or the other guy if Carley is dead in the first episode) ask you to tell everyone that you killed someone? If so that's pretty weird because normally there is an option to tell her that you killed someone as far as I remember. Maybe it's a bug? Dunno, but yeah, you can tell her normally at that point.

I mean talking about going to jail. I saved Doug instead of Carley if that makes any difference?

darklight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By darklight

@NekuSakuraba: I'm pretty sure it would not make any difference, but I did not have Doug with me, so I can't say for certain. I just rewatched a random let's play of that part and yep, there's an option that say "I need to tell you something". Pretty weird that it's missing from your game, maybe it's a glitch and the game think you already told her? Since it would disappear after telling her.

(The video I was watching is this one in case you're interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6s8XlIwb8o at 5:17.)

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @Darklight

@NekuSakuraba: I'm pretty sure it would not make any difference, but I did not have Doug with me, so I can't say for certain. I just rewatched a random let's play of that part and yep, there's an option that say "I need to tell you something". Pretty weird that it's missing from your game, maybe it's a glitch and the game think you already told her? Since it would disappear after telling her.

(The video I was watching is this one in case you're interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6s8XlIwb8o at 5:17.)

Well, Carly was saved in that game also. Doug knows nothing of my past life, so maybe that's why?
    RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By RobotHamster

I think it did matter if you saved Carly or Doug. Carly was the reporter that knew of your past so she told you that you should tell everyone about your past, Doug didn't know so he probably wouldn't have said anything meaning you wouldn't say anything. I saved Carly and when she told me to I told everyone that I've killed a man.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Did nobody else save doug? And did Clem say to anyone something along the lines of "you should've told me, I wouldn't have been scared of you"? Seems weird since I would of told her if I could have.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By golguin

@Darklight said:

It's my understanding that you can't do that with Doug. Carly is the one that knows about your past. She's the one that tells you to tell the rest of the group and then you report back to her how the group responds. Doug doesn't know shit. It's the reason that killing Carly in episode 1 was seen as tying up loose ends since she knew who you really were. I kept Carly so I don't know it first hand, but it makes sense.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By benjaebe

@NekuSakuraba said:

Did nobody else save doug? And did Clem say to anyone something along the lines of "you should've told me, I wouldn't have been scared of you"? Seems weird since I would of told her if I could have.

I've played through saving both Carley and Doug, and Carley is the one who will prompt you to tell others about your past at the motel. Without her there, Doug won't say anything since he has no idea. Clementine didn't say that when I played through with Doug, so maybe it has something to do with what you say to her in the first episode since you have the opportunity to tell her then.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @benjaebe

@NekuSakuraba said:

I've played through saving both Carley and Doug, and Carley is the one who will prompt you to tell others about your past at the motel. Without her there, Doug won't say anything since he has no idea. Clementine didn't say that when I played through with Doug, so maybe it has something to do with what you say to her in the first episode since you have the opportunity to tell her then.

Huh, we'll i did tell her in the first episode that I killed someone. Are you sure she didn't say anything close to that? It happened when I was cutting her hair.
    benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By benjaebe

@NekuSakuraba said:

@benjaebe

@NekuSakuraba said:

Huh, we'll i did tell her in the first episode that I killed someone. Are you sure she didn't say anything close to that? It happened when I was cutting her hair.

I actually don't think I've gotten as far as cutting her hair in that episode, I stopped shortly after getting out of the RV. I'll have to see, but it sounds like the Doug/Carley choice is the real key to this.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @benjaebe

When can you tell her in the first episode?
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @NekuSakuraba
    @benjaebe

When can you tell her in the first episode?
    Okay, I remember now. It was the scene in the pharmacy. It's like she didnt remeber the players choice in that coversatn, though?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.