It's so obvious how 400 Days ends (Ep. 5 spoilers)

#1 Posted by Choffy (443 posts) -

I can't wait to play 400 Days this week, but there's no way that at the end of this episode, you won't (at some point) play as the two people Clem saw walking at the end of episode 5, right? To me, it's a pretty damn clever way of introducing us to the character(s) we'll spend a majority of the time playing Season 2 with, but it's just so predictable.

What do you guys think?

#2 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

Clem is dead.

We need to acknowledge this now.

#3 Posted by gkhan (423 posts) -

@fourwude said:

Clem is dead.

YOU SHUT YOUR FILTHY MOUTH!

#4 Posted by Ghostiet (5250 posts) -

It ends with Joel coming in and breaking everyone's fucking knees.

#5 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@fourwude said:

Clem is dead.

When did that happen?

#6 Posted by Milkman (16669 posts) -

@ghostiet said:

Anyone catch that near the beginning of Last of Us you totally walk through Clem's backyard?

#7 Posted by Eidderf (506 posts) -

I still hope that the next season is completely unrelated to the first (I don't mind some of the surviving characters showing up or minor nods) I liked how Clem's story ended and don't think it needs to be continued.

#8 Edited by Arabes (338 posts) -

@choffy: My understanding of this DLC is that it bridges the gap between season 1 and season 2. Now, the only way to do that is to explain who those people were off in the distance. So I wouldn't call it predictable really, more that it's fufilling it's purpose. I mean if does what it's intended to do, do you call it predictable? It'd be pretty weird if they say it'll bridge the two seasons and then made no references to season 1. Unless of course it's just setting up the characters for season 2 and holding off on the links to the previous season until then. I doubt it though. It's gonna end with you playing as one of two dudes who are gonna look off in the distance and go "Who's that little girl?".

#9 Posted by Hunkulese (2699 posts) -

@choffy: that's not really much of an ending.

#10 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

@eidderf said:

I still hope that the next season is completely unrelated to the first (I don't mind some of the surviving characters showing up or minor nods) I liked how Clem's story ended and don't think it needs to be continued.

I agree. We experienced the the story of that select group of survivors and it's time to head on to something new. For me at least, the best part about the first season was the relationship between Lee and Clementine. And that ended with episode 4.

#11 Posted by NinjaBerd (221 posts) -

@milkman said:

@ghostiet said:

Anyone catch that near the beginning of Last of Us you totally walk through Clem's backyard?

Is that really a thing? I never noticed it.

#12 Edited by Khann (2831 posts) -

I thought this story took place after Season 1 (meaning after Clem saw the two people)?

#13 Posted by Zeik (2368 posts) -

@khann said:

I thought this story took place after Season 1 (meaning after Clem saw the two people)?

I believe the stories take pace simultaneously with the events of Season 1.

#14 Edited by Bismarck (430 posts) -

@khann: It's during and after season 1 from what I understand.

In the trailer you can see the cancer survivor group from episode 4. Which means at least some part of it takes place after episode 4

#15 Edited by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

@fourwude said:

Clem is dead.

Why don't you just stomp all over my feelings more?

#16 Posted by Khann (2831 posts) -

@bismarck:

Ah right. There is actually an achievement for the DLC that seems to suggest some amount of it taking place during Season 1 as well. I guess being over 400 days does give quite a lot of room for that stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.