Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Kenny (episode 1+2 spoilers)

• 69 results
    happenstance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By happenstance

Did anyone else change their opinion of Kenny during episode 2?

Throughout all of episode 1 I was completely on Kenny's side and geared most of my choices around that. When episode 2 came around I stuck with that at the beginning but he just seemed to get more and more irritating as it went on so by the time it came to choose what to do about Larry I sided with Lily. Kind of wish I had done that all throughout episode 2 now.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By nightriff

Fuck Kenny. He is a dick and I can't stand him anymore. Sad when I was on Larry's side more often than Kenny's.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By NoobSauceG7

I liked Kenny at first and can understand his motives but I can't stand Duck. I just don't get that kid. I pretty much made decisions against Kenny since the beginning, saving Shawn, siding with Larry, siding with Lily...

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Quarters

I liked Kenny in episode 1. Now that I have finished episode 2, I want to punch his friggin' lights out. Savage, ungrateful, and just a jerk all around. He's a poison to my whole group. Hopefully he gets in line, before he bones us more.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Phatmac

I tried killing kenny, but he keeps coming back…

sixpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By sixpin

Yeah, Kenny was pretty together in the first episode, but in episode two he seemed a little unhinged. I don't know if it is the family thing weighing on him or what, but man... I have a feeling that after what he did in the locked room that he'll be a new foil for players in future episodes.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee

It's obviously Telltale's intention to turn us against Kenny after making him appear to be the most rational and calm character during episode 1, but it's still character arcs like Kenny's that remind me why I think they're doing a fantastic job with this series. When you think about it's not like he's changed or anything either, it's just as the pressure keeps rising, and the risk of danger keeps increasing, Kenny is consistently forced to consider the safety of his family. After episode 2, sure, I'm not a fan of his motivations and the choices he's made, but I do understand where he's coming from and it all fits together pretty well. Larry was another great twist as well, obviously pegged as the ''angry asshole'' of the group, and yet because of the events of episode 2 more people sided against killing him.

With examples like Kenny in particular, it's easy to point out why The Walking Dead game is so popular.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By SomeDeliCook

The very end of episode 2 is what pissed me off.

There may or may not be people who owned that car with all the food, but nope, fuck them, we can steal it for ourselves because my son my wife and me and my thick ass mustache need it more because I've been tired out from bitching about wanting to just leave the group.

sixpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sixpin

@SomeDeliCook: Funny thing is Kenny's BS is what ultimately made me take the supplies instead of argue it out. I'd spent the entire game trying to deal with him and after fighting for survival and losing a few party members in very traumatic ways, I was worn down. I didn't want to argue for once. I just wanted to move on. I rationalized it as the driver of that car was probably dead. It made me feel like an asshole - more so when I had to explain to Clementine why we were doing it. The writing in this game is so good. I've not really ever had a game challenge me in this way before. Finally, someone has player-driven narrative choices done the right way. Pretty great stuff.

randyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By randyf

I don't have children, but if I had kids and they were in danger, they come first. If I have to crush a guy's head with a salt-lick, I'll do it. If I have to steal food from people so my kid doesn't starve, I'll do it. Granted, I probably would have tried a little harder to revive Larry before I splattered his brains, but if I thought for one second my life was in danger and thus, my child's life was in danger, it would've been an easy choice.

However, I don't have children. Yes, he did go a bit crazy. But I at least see where he's coming from and I don't hate him for it. I'm playing as though Clementine is my daughter and if it comes down to a point where I have to kill to make sure she survives, I'll do it.

And the fact that I came to those conclusions based on a video game is really impressive. The writing and story-telling is fantastic and (in my opinion) surpasses the show. I don't even care for adventure games really and this one has me hooked. I can't wait for Episode 3.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
    rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rollingzeppelin

Not to mention that he's a tad racist.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#12  Edited By donutfever

Absolutely. I was always on his side in Episode 1, but in a way that was trying to be reasonable. But because I was never like "LARRY I WILL SLIT YOUR GODDAMN THROAT FOR SAYING THAT YOU THINK THIS STRANGER'S KID MIGHT BE BITTEN", he said I always took Larry's side. 

Also, he's racist. 

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@sixpin said:

@SomeDeliCook: Funny thing is Kenny's BS is what ultimately made me take the supplies instead of argue it out. I'd spent the entire game trying to deal with him and after fighting for survival and losing a few party members in very traumatic ways, I was worn down. I didn't want to argue for once. I just wanted to move on. I rationalized it as the driver of that car was probably dead. It made me feel like an asshole - more so when I had to explain to Clementine why we were doing it. The writing in this game is so good. I've not really ever had a game challenge me in this way before. Finally, someone has player-driven narrative choices done the right way. Pretty great stuff.

I just wanted to see Ducky suffer some more starvation. Just kidding.

Kinda

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NTM

Kenny G.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cikame

The preview at the end of episode 2 made me realise that he's going to fucking continue to moan about which side Lee is on, ain't about sides but the game is kinda forcing me to choose.

Like Skyrim, i'm not joining Imperial or Stormcloak because i don't want to.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

You're hating on the guy that killed Larry...LARRY FFS! Kenny's still good in my book.

@DonutFever: If you're referring to the lockpicking thing, don't be stupid...all black people know how to lockpick, it's proven fact.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Oldirtybearon

I got where he was coming from, even I disagreed with his logic. Until one specific moment.

I'm down, one of the cannibal brothers is about to kill me, and I look to Kenny for help, who just stares back, and then looks away to avoid getting blood on his face. I had his back throughout Episode 1 and 2 (mostly), and what'd he do? He just hid. That betrayal just cut any loyalty I had for him. I wasn't necessarily surprised that Kenny's a coward, but I will remember that. In my time of need he didn't come through, when I had gone to bat for him many times over. So I'll be patiently grinding my ax until Episode 3, and see what opportunity there is for payback.

And it will be a bitch.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SlasherMan

@Oldirtybearon: Same here. I'll be looking forward to the moment I can get back at the fucker. I sided with him all through the first episode, and yet he still insisted that I didn't simply because I chose the reasoning option back when we first met Larry and Lilly. I save his kid, take care of his family, and this is what I get in return?

I wonder... Does that particular moment change if we choose to kill Larry? Would Kenny be the one to come to our aid instead of Lilly?

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@Oldirtybearon: Did you side with Lilly or does he still cower despite you siding with him?

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@SlasherMan said:

@Oldirtybearon: Same here. I'll be looking forward to the moment I can get back at the fucker. I sided with him all through the first episode, and yet he still insisted that I didn't simply because I chose the reasoning option back when we first met Larry and Lilly. I save his kid, take care of his family, and this is what I get in return?

I wonder... Does that particular moment change if we choose to kill Larry? Would Kenny be the one to come to our aid instead of Lilly?

I've heard that he can save you, but you have to put his family above the group and agree with everything he says in Episode 2. Rational people don't do that.0

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By Ramone

Fuck Kenny and Lily. Carley, Clem and Lee are the only people I care about.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By Sambambo

I was always on Kenny's side, but after ep2? Fuck him.

I should have given those cheese things to Clem as extra...

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sambambo

@SomeDeliCook said:

There may or may not be people who owned that car with all the food, but nope, fuck them, we can steal it for ourselves because my son my wife and me and my thick ass mustache need it more because I've been tired out from bitching about wanting to just leave the group.

Wait, you didn't want to take the food? Are you crazy?

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Vodun

@Yummylee said:

It's obviously Telltale's intention to turn us against Kenny after making him appear to be the most rational and calm character during episode 1, but it's still character arcs like Kenny's that remind me why I think they're doing a fantastic job with this series. When you think about it's not like he's changed or anything either, it's just as the pressure keeps rising, and the risk of danger keeps increasing, Kenny is consistently forced to consider the safety of his family. After episode 2, sure, I'm not a fan of his motivations and the choices he's made, but I do understand where he's coming from and it all fits together pretty well. Larry was another great twist as well, obviously pegged as the ''angry asshole'' of the group, and yet because of the events of episode 2 more people sided against killing him.

With examples like Kenny in particular, it's easy to point out why The Walking Dead game is so popular.

How was Kenny rational and calm during the first ep? He always made decisions that would benefit only himself and his family, he simply liked trying to be in control during ep1. I sided with Kenny in the beginning as well because everyone can make mistakes, but he just keeps being a weak and selfish asshole. Fuck Kenny, fuck Kenny with a zombie dick.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#25  Edited By Yummylee

@Vodun: I guess, but he was still clearly often put into conflict with Larry to give the impression that Kenny is the 'good guy' of the group. Anywhoo my main point was that Telltale done a good job at getting the same majority of players to go from sticking with Kenny to then doing the complete opposite while keeping the character intact.

It's like you said, he's clearly only looking out for himself and his family, but during the first episode it's easy to be empathetic. And then once we learn of the extents to which he'll take, then suddenly he's viewed with scorn. Everybody no doubt figured Larry was going to be the primary source of dispute, and then it was all twisted upside down. A lot of us all hate Kenny--as do I--but it's still a character arc that I'm going to enjoy watching it flourish throughout the episodes.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Vodun

@Yummylee said:

@Vodun: I guess, but he was still clearly often put into conflict with Larry to give the impression that Kenny is the 'good guy' of the group. Anywhoo my main point was that Telltale done a good job at getting the same majority of players to go from sticking with Kenny to then doing the complete opposite while keeping the character intact.

It's like you said, he's clearly only looking out for himself and his family, but during the first episode it's easy to be empathetic. And then once we learn of the extents to which he'll take, then suddenly he's viewed with scorn. Everybody no doubt figured Larry was going to be the primary source of dispute, and then it was all twisted upside down. A lot of us all hate Kenny--as do I--but it's still a character arc that I'm going to enjoy watching it flourish throughout the episodes.

Well, "gooder" guy maybe =P

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@SuperSambo said:

@SomeDeliCook said:

Clem > Kenny

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Sambambo

@SomeDeliCook said:

@SuperSambo said:

@SomeDeliCook said:

Clem > Kenny

Sure, but how are you going to feed Clem?

ericjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ericjohnson

Now that Larry is dead, Kenny is the next to go in my game. They give me one chance in Ep. 3, and he's gone. By the end of this game, I think that I will fell the same about every character.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SeanFoster

I loved that he had my back in Episode 1, is offering to take me and Clem with him to the coast in his RV and by the end of episode 2 we're on opposite sides as I watch him and the group pillage the car while Clem and I watch from the sides, seemingly distanced from the other survivors. Great potential to tell your own story in that game. It really feels like Rick/Shane dynamic in the series.

jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jillsandwich

I made sure to be on his good side at the beginning of Ep. 2, but I was a bit wary of his plans to leave the group.

By the time he was pushing to kill Larry, I wasn't liking him very much. That little thing he did AFTER I made my decision to help Larry is going to get him some shit in the near future.

TL;DR: Kenny sucks, and I am looking forward to fucking him over.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheHumanDove

I went from a bromance with Kenny to...we're going to have issues in episode 3.

Do everything possible to help him out/agree with him on his stances.

I try to save Larry's life. That ONE thing makes Kenny sit back and let the cannibal try to put a bullet in my brain? Nope. Fuck that. I told him at the end of the episode he's a murderer, and I'm sure thats just the start of our new found relationship

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By NickL

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

You're hating on the guy that killed Larry...LARRY FFS! Kenny's still good in my book.

Kenny is the new Larry.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By NickL

@SuperSambo said:

@SomeDeliCook said:

@SuperSambo said:

@SomeDeliCook said:

Clem > Kenny

After I killed one of the brothers in front of Clem I needed to show her that not everyone in that world is bad.

Clem > everything

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Sambambo

@NickL said:

@SuperSambo said:

@SomeDeliCook said:

@SuperSambo said:

@SomeDeliCook said:

Clem > Kenny

After I killed one of the brothers in front of Clem I needed to show her that not everyone in that world is bad.

Clem > everything

I agree with the sentiment, but she needs to be fed!

You have to do what is right for her, not what she wants. Sure, she may be angry for a bit, but she'll know that it was for the best eventually.

And this is the point where I realise that I am talking about lines of code...

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@SuperSambo said:

@NickL said:

@SuperSambo said:

@SomeDeliCook said:

@SuperSambo said:

@SomeDeliCook said:

Clem > Kenny

Clem > everything

I agree with the sentiment, but she needs to be fed!

You have to do what is right for her, not what she wants. Sure, she may be angry for a bit, but she'll know that it was for the best eventually.

And this is the point where I realise that I am talking about lines of code...

Honestly I wish you could take SOME of the food. No need to steal absolutely all of it.

Either way, I'm pretty positive Kenny is going to be killed off and your actions revolving around Clem will shape her into something by the end of the season, so fuck Kenny's stupid ass needs.

Soap_of_Death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Soap_of_Death

I want to sabotage the brakes of his RV before he and his family take off.

Undead_Fiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Undead_Fiend

I'm totally in with Kenny he's my go to guy and always has my back, I've been making it up to him ever since I tried to save shawn instead of duck I've made myself so invested in sticking with him and getting away on that RV what has made everyone so against him now? stealing from the car?we needed that food as much (if not more) as whoever abandoned it. The Larry/Lilly pair were unbearable IMO and I didn't hesitate at the first chance to kill Larry

Undead_Fiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Undead_Fiend

@Oldirtybearon: Ah, Maybe I see where the Kenny hate is coming from, these situations are obviously arising from the decisions we make, for me it was Lilly who stared back and did nothing (bitch), Although I was actually saved by carley

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By probablytuna

Yep, I was on the same boat. I always planned to side with Kenny cause we both looked out for each other in the first episode but he just became the most ungrateful dick ever so fuck him, I'll leave him to rot if I have the chance (which was kinda my response to Larry's douche behaviour in episode one).

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@SuperSambo I stood and watched, for a good reason. I had just executed both of the St. John brothers. Moments before we found the car, Clem asked why I did that and if it was right. I told her they were bad people and they were hurting others. Then we come upon the car, and Clem knows that hurting others is wrong. How ruthless am I going to make her if I tell her that murder is okay, stealing is okay, anything is okay for survival? At that point, what's the difference between us and the zombies?

The real answer is to hang out there for a few days, borrow a bit of food and wait to see if the owner gets back. If not, then sure the car's abandoned. But Kenny swooping in and possibly fucking someone over teaches Clementine a bad lesson.

Apparently only 13% of people kill both the brothers. Seems to be one-sided when it comes to the teacher in the bear trap and the brothers.
    sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#42  Edited By sweep  Moderator

I fuckin' hate Kenny, though a lot of the time he does have a point. When we thought Duck was bitten I was ready to pull that trigger, but then when Kenny was trying to convince me to kill Larry I said no and he called me a hypocrite, which was uncomfortably true. However, I knew I was never going to be able to fuck Lily unless I take her side as often as possible.

He's a fucking coward, like when he ran off with his son when the tractor was running that guy over in episode one. And he just argues and fucks shit up. I actually got really angry every time I found myself agreeing with anything he said. Fuck Kenny.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By kishinfoulux

Never liked Kenny, though somehow he and Lee became buddies in my game which always bugged me. This was the perfect chance to say "fuck off". My Lee is worried about himself and Clem (and Carly). That's about it.

Sogeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#44  Edited By Sogeman

yeah, he should look out after episode 2. He's on the bottom of my choice list right now.

I won't fuck him over but maybe he should look after Duck himself for now on. If I have to choose between Kenny and anyone else, it won't be a hard choice.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#45  Edited By YoThatLimp

@RollingZeppelin said: @

Not to mention that he's a tad racist.

"Jesus man! I'm from Florida! Crazy shit just comes out of my mouth sometimes. Sorry"

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ShadyPingu

Kenny suddenly got all pissy that I didn't immediately punch Larry out last episode, so fuck him. I talked him down goddammit! What the fuck do you want from me!

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By laserbolts

Yeah fuck Larry I hope he gets eaten in the next episode. Man this game is great and I never have time for point and click games. Bring on the next one.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Pezen

It's interesting to read how people perceive characters. I always liked Kenny, he sometimes lack in social graces but he often has a point. Lily always rubbed me the wrong way, perhaps because of Larry or perhaps because she seems like one of those people that take control of a situation and hate it and anyone who questions them are assholes that don't appreciate their effort. I just never liked her attitude because it always seemed hostile for no reason. So by the end of Episode 2 Kenny got my back and Lily almost let me fry on the electric fence instead of shooting the dude, which is understandable in a way considering I dragged her off as Kenny smashed Larry's face in. Though during Episode 2 she did seem to balance out a bit more so who knows how the next one will end up.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By DystopiaX

@Sweep said:

I fuckin' hate Kenny, though a lot of the time he does have a point. When we thought Duck was bitten I was ready to pull that trigger, but then when Kenny was trying to convince me to kill Larry I said no and he called me a hypocrite, which was uncomfortably true. However, I knew I was never going to be able to fuck Lily unless I take her side as often as possible.

He's a fucking coward, like when he ran off with his son when the tractor was running that guy over in episode one. And he just argues and fucks shit up. I actually got really angry every time I found myself agreeing with anything he said. Fuck Kenny.

I think they did a really good job of making most of the people really unlikable lol

I saved the geek dude in the first episode and both Lily and Kenny hate me. Made friends with the new dude from episode 2 though so at least the whole survivor group doesn't hate my guts

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DystopiaX said:

@Sweep said:

I think they did a really good job of making most of the people really unlikable lol

I saved the geek dude in the first episode and both Lily and Kenny hate me. Made friends with the new dude from episode 2 though so at least the whole survivor group doesn't hate my guts

Wait... the new dude? You mean the one that was (almost) eaten?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.