Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

lag / frame loss / audio to visual match ups (ps3)

Meteor_VII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Meteor_VII

Hey guys and gals,

Has anyone else been having big lag/frame loss/audio to visual match ups? Because I am just to the second section of the second episode and when it changes camera angles it takes a second or so. 

Also when talking to characters I have had the models and audio not match up at all in some cases. Where nearly the entire audio section for one character will go and then it will switch camera angles and have it just cut to the model almost being in sync but still being off.  

Didin't really notice this in episode 1 if it was present there. 
    tread311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By tread311

Noticed this on the PS3 as well. It's like the game is constantly checking to load up the right situation for your playthrough. Definitely annoying.

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By sickVisionz

This was a constant on my 360 of episode 2. Some of the mash the button QTEs almost seemed like the game had frozen after I mashed it enough. It wasn't anywhere near this bad in ep1, if it was there at all.

Ep2 was good, but it was a super janky experience that left me feeling like very little QA was done compared to ep1. I hope that the rest of the episodes aren't so poorly put together.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By galiant

It's my only complaint with this series. On the PS3, during pivotal moments, the game often just freezes up so that you can't complete the action. Switching scenes and stuff just makes it hiccup as well. It's incredibly annoying.

The game is amazing otherwise, especially Episode 2 so far.

corganmurray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By corganmurray

Yeah, this was happening to me on the Xbox version, too. Don't seem to recall this being an issue in Ep. 1, but it was constant in Ep. 2.

Meteor_VII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Meteor_VII

Glad I'm not alone. I deleted the game from my ps3 and my saves to see if its a poor download or something (doubt thats even possible but w/e)  

Going to replay through the episodes soon.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.