My game is a mess after episode 3 update

#1 Posted by ToxicFruit (1717 posts) -

So i came home today after having... just an awful day and have been looking forward to digging into episode 3.

I start it up and it crashes. After an hour has passed and i have been looking for all kinds of solutions i finally get my game to start only to find that all of my saves are gone. Now i am not a person who usually gets angry over stuff like this but this is infuriating, i thought the whole point of going over the deadline was so they could iron out bugs like this.

Is this happening to anyone else ?

or does any one have any solution that could help?

#2 Posted by xreedx (8 posts) -

Happened to me too. I dug through other forum posts for a two hours. No real solutions that I have found. It has to do with the prefs.prop file, but mine got saved over once i re-opened the game. I have my original saves.... doesn't make sense why i can't use them.

If anyone knows if Telltale is publishing a patch, let us know.

#3 Posted by sleeping143 (66 posts) -
@xreedx

Happened to me too. I dug through other forum posts for a two hours. No real solutions that I have found. It has to do with the prefs.prop file, but mine got saved over once i re-opened the game. I have my original saves.... doesn't make sense why i can't use them.

If anyone knows if Telltale is publishing a patch, let us know.

Tell-tale has not commented on the multitude of problems relating to the saves from episode 2 and 3. If you're really eager to get your fix now, there are fixes available on the tell/tale forums right now. It worked for me...give it a shot Duders!
#4 Posted by PacManFevaa (121 posts) -

I'm replaying Episode 2 now because when I tried to play Episod 3 it took me back to Episode 1 and erased my Episode 2 progress. (On Xbox)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.