Next Walking Dead Episode Out Tuesday on PSN

• 99 results
Posted by patrickklepek (4894 posts) -

Short and sweet, since I'm busy sitting on my couch: Telltale Games has ended speculation about the release date for the third episode for The Walking Dead, Long Road Ahead.

Long Road Ahead will go live on PlayStation Network tomorrow, and arrives on Xbox Live Arcade, PC, and Mac on Wednesday. The second episode, Starved for Help, will be available on iOS on Wednesday, too.

Thankfully, Ryan is finally finishing episode two tonight. Took him long enough.

Staff
#1 Posted by patrickklepek (4894 posts) -

Short and sweet, since I'm busy sitting on my couch: Telltale Games has ended speculation about the release date for the third episode for The Walking Dead, Long Road Ahead.

Long Road Ahead will go live on PlayStation Network tomorrow, and arrives on Xbox Live Arcade, PC, and Mac on Wednesday. The second episode, Starved for Help, will be available on iOS on Wednesday, too.

Thankfully, Ryan is finally finishing episode two tonight. Took him long enough.

Staff
#2 Posted by Crono11 (1650 posts) -

So stoked

#3 Posted by Dustpan (1694 posts) -

Awesome.

#4 Edited by MattClassic (442 posts) -

Hell yeah. Episode 1 was great, 2 was better. Hyped for 3. 

And I hope we get to hear Ryan's thoughts on Episode 1 on the podcast tomorrow.

#5 Posted by LoginRejected (46 posts) -

w00t

#6 Posted by Coafi (1489 posts) -

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

#7 Posted by AssInAss (2655 posts) -

Wow, that is sooner than expected!

I had to retry the last bit in Ep 2 many times to not let Clementine do that thing.

#8 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

This the one Whitta worked on?

#9 Posted by meaninoflife42 (513 posts) -

Jesse Pinkman sure is excited.

#10 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

I still gotta play episode 2...

#11 Posted by toastface (107 posts) -

Oh god, I need to get into Episode 2 tonight then!

#12 Posted by damswedon (3194 posts) -

Not for Europe though.

#13 Posted by Milkman (16841 posts) -

MY BODY IS READY

#14 Posted by RetroVirus (1475 posts) -

FINALLY

#15 Posted by greennoodles (404 posts) -

Eps 1 and 2 are free for PS+ members right now if anyone didn't know. Been playing through them and really like what I see so far.

#16 Posted by ThePaleKing (613 posts) -

Fucking finally.

#17 Posted by Natedogg2 (453 posts) -

Good to hear. I played through the first two because I got them free with PS+, and I'm hooked. Looking forward to the next chapter a lot.

#18 Posted by mlarrabee (2967 posts) -

Oh, so ready for it...

Just knowing when it arrives makes it all OK.

#19 Posted by TehJedicake (893 posts) -

I haven't played episode 2 yet cause there's a part of me that just wants to wait until all the episodes are out... Cause I know when I'm done with 2, (and I guess 3 now) that waiting game is going to suck so bad.

#20 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

Fuck yes. I'm really excited to see what shit goes down this episode.

#21 Posted by paulwade1984 (478 posts) -

The writing is pretty bad in spots and its compressed emotional character arc is a bit depressing and confusing.

However I am enjoying playing it. Hope I can kill/allow lilly to be killed this episode. She is really p**sing me off. Whiny arse cow.

#22 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Really been wanting to play this.

#23 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1431 posts) -

i need to finish that episode 2 now

#24 Posted by TheHT (11364 posts) -

@MistaSparkle: I think that's episode 4.

#25 Posted by DJJoeJoe (1324 posts) -

@MistaSparkle said:

This the one Whitta worked on?

Gary Witta has been working on all of them, and will be personally writing the 4th episode.

#26 Posted by Slab64 (1056 posts) -

@TehJedicake said:

I haven't played episode 2 yet cause there's a part of me that just wants to wait until all the episodes are out... Cause I know when I'm done with 2, (and I guess 3 now) that waiting game is going to suck so bad.

I'm with you...I'll wait till they're all out and on sale on Steam, then I'll feel smug despite the fact that I'm extremely late to the party.

#27 Posted by jasius (136 posts) -

I'm hyped for this, Telltale has done a mediocre job with the gameplay, but they've done a great job with the story. It really feels like there should be more to do, the puzzles are VERY BASIC which can be good but also makes it more of an interactive story than an actual game. They're never the right company for the job, I'll never live down how they fucked Jurassic Park up the ass, it'll be years and years now if ever until someone thinks of putting money into that franchise because of them.

The luls in action could be treated better in the game where characters exchange small talk they could be shooting zombies, it is a zombie filled world after all!

#28 Posted by spankingaddict (2678 posts) -

Thank God !

#29 Posted by hangedtoaster (156 posts) -

That's awesome that this is coming out this week, But man I feel that whenever game's come out that I'm interested in, it  always happens in a monsoon like manner. This  week I'll be picking up Sleeping Dog's, Guild Wars 2, Mass Effect 3: Leviathan and now this. Man first world problems blow

#30 Posted by Xeirus (1306 posts) -

@MattClassic said:

Hell yeah. Episode 1 was great, 2 was better. Hyped for 3. And I hope we get to hear Ryan's thoughts on Episode 1 on the podcast tomorrow.

They record it a day early, so he would have finished episode 2 -after- the podcast. That reeeally sucks :(

#31 Posted by Noli (101 posts) -

Let me just say one thing... Hell, YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

#32 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Fuuuuuuccccckkkkk yeah!

#33 Posted by Vextroid (1406 posts) -

Still waiting for episode 2 on iOS damnit!

#34 Posted by Undeadpool (4948 posts) -

Time to get a six-pack, settle in with the wifey, and scream at each other about what horrific decisions to make. Ahhhhh.

#35 Posted by senorfuzzeh (385 posts) -

Glad this is confirmed. Saw word of it on IGN and instantly flew here to find out if it was truth. Happy to see it was :)

#36 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

That's great timing for me, I just finished the second episode!

Man, that last episode was one of the most well crafted episodes of anything that Telltale has ever made. Blew me the fuck away.

#37 Posted by ripelivejam (4054 posts) -

i don't mind if it's an interactive story, cause unlike Heavy Rain it's a pretty awesome and intense story (and thankfully adheres closely to the wonderful comics). admittedly like ryan i've put off finishing ep 2, appears that i'm missing out.

#38 Posted by papercut (3501 posts) -

When the HELL is episode 4 coming out?!?!?

#39 Posted by L1GHTN1N (458 posts) -

@Vextroid said:

"The second episode, Starved for Help, will be available on iOS on Wednesday, too."

#40 Posted by roboroller (4 posts) -

@paulwade1984: You won't be able to kill Lilly at any point. The game is canon with the comic and Lilly is a small but pivotal character in the comics at a point that takes place well after the events in these games. Unless you meet her again at some point after her appearance in the comic, which I guess is possible, but if so it will be after a point from which she has left your group and you have met her again for some reason.

#41 Posted by Dezztroy (804 posts) -

PC has to wait for the console versions to ship first yet again?

Fuck you Telltale, fuck you.

#42 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

@Dezztroy said:

PC has to wait for the console versions to ship first yet again? Fuck you Telltale, fuck you.

Look on the bright side.

At least the 360 gets fucked over too.

That's a nice change of pace! Usually it's the 360 fucking over everybody!

Now the only people being fucked are the PC players.

And oh, they are being fucked.

Oh my yes.

#43 Posted by Vextroid (1406 posts) -

@L1GHTN1N said:

@Vextroid said:

"The second episode, Starved for Help, will be available on iOS on Wednesday, too."

Pays to read. Heh.

Awesome!

#44 Posted by chu52 (247 posts) -

@patrickklepek : just in time for your article series! Faces of release date!

#45 Posted by indieslaw (350 posts) -

Thanks for spelling "horray" the way it was meant to be pronounced. Not kidding.

#46 Posted by AngeTheDude (678 posts) -

@Dezztroy said:

PC has to wait for the console versions to ship first yet again? Fuck you Telltale, fuck you.

Ummm... it's ONE DAY.

#47 Posted by genericHenle (29 posts) -

I still don't like how even though I bought the game off of Telltale's website, the PC version releases have so far all been later than the others. I mean, I bought it from the site thinking, "Oh of course it will release there first!" Oh well. Lesson learned. Can't wait to play it.

#48 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

@AngeTheDude said:

@Dezztroy said:

Ummm... it's ONE DAY.

Doesn't matter, it was a week for Episode 1 and 2.

#49 Posted by Eeptog (114 posts) -

FFS make jeff play them.

#50 Posted by Dezztroy (804 posts) -
@AngeTheDude said:

@Dezztroy said:

Ummm... it's ONE DAY.

Except it would have been out on PC for weeks now had they not waited for Microsoft to finish their bullshit certification process.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.