No Next Time On for Episode 5?

#1 Posted by ds8k (412 posts) -

Did I miss something or was there not a clip to show what happens in the last episode?

#2 Posted by psylah (2161 posts) -

I always turn off the TV when that part comes up, I prefer to go in blind.

#3 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19304 posts) -

Yeah, I was waiting for that clip but there was none this time. I suppose it's for the best.

#4 Posted by MetalBaofu (1343 posts) -

There wasn't one. Guess they didn't want to potentially show any spoilers for the final episode or something.

#5 Posted by Phatmac (5720 posts) -

I was still crying at the end for me not to notice.

#6 Posted by WMoyer83 (624 posts) -

I think its possibly because there are very distinctly different ways the end plays out that it would not be possible to show a general "Next Time" because of the different continuity between players caused by personal in game decisons.

#7 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

It's probably because of how far behind schedule they have been throughout this entire project.

#8 Posted by mrfluke (5044 posts) -

next ep has the most serious of potential to be very powerful, so im very glad i didnt get no next time.

#9 Posted by mrfluke (5044 posts) -

id hate to be the guy thats doing episode 5 cause damm, the implications that gary left it at, could make episode 5 a powerhouse

#10 Posted by ds8k (412 posts) -

@WMoyer83: I'm pretty certain the Next Time Ons were always generated with your decisions. They weren't pre-rendered.

#11 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

I'm pretty bummed that the next episode, is the last episode. The Walking Dead has been my favorite game this year.

#12 Posted by AndrewB (7436 posts) -

Here's the script version:

Announcer: "Next time, on The Walking Dead."

Lee, shouting: "Clementine!"

"Clementine?"

"CLEEEMMM!"

"Clementine..."

"Clem!"

They'll be done before the end of the year because they want that all-in-one pack out for Christmas, I'm sure. But yeah, the impact of the last few minutes hit me and I totally didn't realize that there was no episode preview.

#13 Edited by cheapandtacky (127 posts) -

I waited for the end of the credits for the next on but nothing came. Not surprising really considering Lee could have a posse or be on his own.

I was also a bit bummed that they didn't play out the last choice to the guy on the walkie talkie. I was waiting for lee to go crazy at him (I was pumped up with zombie venom and missing Clem rage so chose the you're dead option) but it cuts out before he kicks off.

#14 Posted by SeanFoster (854 posts) -

I have a feeling that because of the different options for who goes with you at the end of Episode 4, there may just be too many variations for episode 5 to work out and they're just not there yet in the development.

#15 Posted by Rafaelfc (1311 posts) -

I think there was no "next time on" because of dramatic tension, plain and simple.

To show a highlight reel of what's to come would defuse the tension of the last moment of chapter 4, I think.

#16 Posted by briangodsoe (487 posts) -

@Rafaelfc said:

I think there was no "next time on" because of dramatic tension, plain and simple.

To show a highlight reel of what's to come would defuse the tension of the last moment of chapter 4, I think.

This. There's also a reason they didn't show what you chose to say either.

#17 Posted by bkbroiler (1603 posts) -

@psylah said:

I always turn off the TV when that part comes up, I prefer to go in blind.

I usually do this, but one thing I've noticed with the game is the "next time on" isn't all that spoilery or even that accurate. It just shows vague refenrences to the situations you'll be in.

#18 Posted by LostFlock (81 posts) -

Just finished up ep.4 yesterday, wish there was a next time, but it makes me want ep 5 even more.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.