Patch for Stuttering?

#1 Posted by ShinjiEx (625 posts) -

Did some google search it's not are platform it's the game i.e. I got TWD on Xbox (digital version)

It's really annoying when stuttering kicks in... breaking the experience

P.S. Issue exist on PS3/PC as well

#2 Posted by supertuna (82 posts) -

Unfortunately, no such patch exists yet.

Telltale is adressing the problem with the 360 retail version here.

#3 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4973 posts) -

@ShinjiEx said:

P.S. Issue exist on PS3/PC as well

Not with my experience on the PC. Only thing I had to do was turn off the shadows and it was smooth sailing - no save corruptions or anything.

#4 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3835 posts) -

No.

I really hope Tell Tale gets their technical shit together with Season 2.

#5 Posted by buft (3317 posts) -

@ShinjiEx said:

Did some google search it's not are platform it's the game i.e. I got TWD on Xbox (digital version) It's really annoying when stuttering kicks in... breaking the experience P.S. Issue exist on PS3/PC as well

I had the same issue and realised my firewall was slowing the connection to the server which caused the stuttering when it tried to connect to the server and i had to turn down shadows too.

#6 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2220 posts) -

I'm still bewildered on how Telltale have botched the 360 version so bad but then again they only make adventure games so their technical skills aren't up there with their imaginations.

#7 Posted by Morningstar (2161 posts) -

@ArtisanBreads said:

No.

I second that. It can be quite dreadful at times.

#8 Posted by alternate (2707 posts) -

If it were an easy patch they would have done so already. From experience TT leave some of their games broken. I remember a game breaking bug in one of the monkey island episodes and they were basically - we have moved on and it is as fixed as it will ever be. Played the PC version of TWD and it was fine though. No save glitch, no stutters, no crashes. This is with an ancient gfx card too.

#9 Edited by Superfriend (1554 posts) -

@ArtisanBreads said:

No.

That would require them to finally get rid of that old ass engine they seem to use ever since Sam n Max Season 1 or even earlier. That one also ran like crap on the 360. I would recommend people play Telltale games on PC- they´re not perfect there, but at least playable and not as bugged.

Somehow I feel like the success of Skyrim in 2011 made a lot of devs /PUBLISHERS think they can get away with games that are buggy as hell. Well, here´s a hint: If your game ain´t a 300 hour sandbox RPG there are almost no excuses to be made for silly amounts of bugs.

#10 Posted by Benny (1953 posts) -

Yeah there's no chance of it getting fixed dude unfortunately.

I'd put it down to simply not enough testing and not a large enough QA team. I seem to recall they didn't even test AMD cards when they first put the game out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.