Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

PC choppy cutscenes

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By kerse

So I just started playing this and I'm at the pharmacy and just got the axe. The game runs perfectly fine until there are cutscenes, usually of people walking, and it gets real choppy. I've tried adjusting the settings and its the same, its not an amazing looking game so I'm not sure that would even be the problem. Anyone else have this issue? Its not gamebreaking but its pretty annoying and takes me out of the game a little bit, so I'd like to fix it if possible. Didn't see any topics on this and I'm afraid to go in any threads at this point because I'm just starting and everyones already finished it.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

When you were adjusting the settings, have you specifically tried setting the shadows to "low," or "off?"

That fixed the choppiness on my old video card, a Radeon 5770.

Also try the typical first-step fix attempts of updating your video drivers and verifying the Steam game cache.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By colourful_hippie

Try turning v-sync off.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Ravenlight

@Sticky_Pennies said:

When you were adjusting the settings, have you specifically tried setting the shadows to "low," or "off?"

Also try the typical first-step fix attempts of updating your video drivers and verifying the Steam game cache.

QFT. Shadows seem to completely destroy any sort of smoothness on even higher-end machines for some reason.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By OllyOxenFree

@Sticky_Pennies said:

Yep. I have the same video card and turning shadows off made the game run as smooth as butter throughout - even at the highest quality settings.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By Humanity

I had the same issue and it still seems to chop once in a while but without the shadows being on high it certainly is a lot more manageable.

Although I did just have the game freeze up on me in Chapter 1 after you kill all the zombies at the hotel and talk to the girl. I'm actually surprised at how poorly this game handles.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.