PS3 Walking Dead Framerate

#1 Posted by fuzzypumpkin (389 posts) -

So lemme get this out of the way first. I'm towards the end of the first episode and I'm totally digging everything, except for one, pretty major thing. THE FRAMERATE IS TERRIBLE OH MY GOD! Was this an issue with the XBOX 360 or PC versions?

#2 Posted by ManMadeGod (1587 posts) -

Pretty sure the console versions are identical. Wait until you hit episode 3: some major chugging in that one. Four and five run fine.

#3 Posted by impartialgecko (1689 posts) -

PC version runs smoothly. The 360 seems to the most egregious offender when it comes to stability. There's no denying the episodic format sacrifices polish in order to keep to the schedule.

#4 Posted by fuzzypumpkin (389 posts) -

@adam1808: Are the requirements on the PC pretty low?

#5 Posted by Daroki (717 posts) -

Never had any issues on Walking Dead episodes 1 through 3 on PSN. Planning on picking up 4 and 5 next week, but waiting to see if there's going to be a price drop since it's had one on Steam and XBox Live recently.

#6 Posted by impartialgecko (1689 posts) -

@fuzzypumpkin: They are. 3gb of RAM and 1024mb Nividia or ATI card are the given specs but I'm sure you can mess around with the settings to make it run on any modern desktop. You should have no problem.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.