Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Questions for fellow fans of comics(spoilers)

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By granderojo

Do you feel like because you read the comic that you know how this game is going to turn out? I actively choose not to pick a side when I can because I know that both sides are basically fucked in this game.

Lilly is the one who in the comic kills Rick's daughter and wife. In the comics it says that Larry sacrifices himself to save her. Because of where she ends up in the comic, in Woodbury, and because the RV depicted in the game is clearly the one that the characters in the comic, picking a side unless it helps Clementine seems pointless to me mainly because I read the comic. Seems to me all roads lead to Woodbury.

Anyone else feel this way. I sort of feel nostalgic playing this game kind of like watching Prometheus being a big fan of Aliens, it's weird seeing Lilly being more lighthearted in this before her inevitable descent into tragedy and madness in the comic. Also side note just as an adventure game fan, with Episode 2 this is the best adventure game i've played since Grim Fandango which is really high praise coming from me. That's one of my favorite games of all time.

BrainSonata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BrainSonata

I'm the same, I haven't been able to justify helping anyone because you pretty much know everyone is either going to die or go off the rails. It's the same reason I don't enjoy the TV show, purely because the writing is pretty terrible for a large part and it's so loosely based on the comic. Saying that, the best part of the show isn't even IN the comics (Daryl).

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By granderojo

@BrainSonata said:

I'm the same, I haven't been able to justify helping anyone because you pretty much know everyone is either going to die or go off the rails. It's the same reason I don't enjoy the TV show, purely because the writing is pretty terrible for a large part and it's so loosely based on the comic. Saying that, the best part of the show isn't even IN the comics (Daryl).

The comic is basically an exploitation film without the exploitation if that makes since, basically it follows the same tropes without being done in bad taste. There is a strong black chick with a samurai sword, a scientist with a mullet, a villain with an eye patch who calls himself The Governor, etc. What I like about this game as opposed to the show is that you actually have that in this game. I mean in the second episode you're already running into a family of crazy cannibals. Nothing in the shows approach the aesthetic of the comic, which is what gives it it's appeal, but this game seems to be trying to which is reassuring to me.

Geurge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Geurge

Oh shit, I read all the comics last week and didn't even realise Lily was the one who shot Rick's daughter and wife.

ExportA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By ExportA

The RV in the game is NOT them same one as in the comics.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.