Release for PC?

#1 Posted by Bass (692 posts) -

I know that this episode is supposed to be coming out on friday for the pc, but I guess I don't really know when this kind of stuff is normally released on steam, or since it is episodic if it works the same way that steam normally does. Does anyone have a goodd guess about what time this game will be released? Kind of antsy to jump in and play, since I have only been hearing good things about the new episode.

#2 Posted by BeachThunder (11799 posts) -

I'm assuming it will be released at 'Steam-o-clock' ie. the time that the daily deals end each day (9~ hours from now).

#3 Posted by Jumbs (243 posts) -

Should be around 6 hours from now, on valve time.

Hoping the steam sales begin too :(

#4 Posted by AdMordem (458 posts) -

The episode is downloaded from within the game so nothing to do with valve time. The news / associated steam ad might not appear on steam until when these guys suggest though. Keep an eye on telltale's twitter account or check 'Episodes' in the menu of the game itself.

#5 Posted by MachoFantastico (4588 posts) -

Any news on when it's going to be activated. Was hoping to play it this evening. 

#6 Posted by AlexW00d (6230 posts) -

@TrueEnglishGent said:

Any news on when it's going to be activated. Was hoping to play it this evening.

In like 7 minutes. Plus any added Valve time.

#7 Posted by Tesla (1917 posts) -

Steam just started updating my game! High fives all around.

#8 Posted by bkbroiler (1616 posts) -

Woohoo!

#9 Posted by MachoFantastico (4588 posts) -

Damn it! Yet again technical problems with a Telltale game. For some reason I'm missing half the graphics from the game.  

#10 Posted by BeachThunder (11799 posts) -

wtf,

I very explicitly made sure that Carley died instead of Doug, and yet, in the opening recap of episode 2, it shows Doug dying. I even went back and replayed the ending of Episode 1 to make sure that Doug was still alive; alas, there he was ambiguously using a screwdriver on a laptop, even the episode stats say that I saved Doug - yet I'm apparently stuck with Carley. I hope Telltale didn't assume everyone wanted Carley and just didn't program in any options for Doug-people D:

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.