Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Resetting Save Glitch? (360)

WelshCleats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By WelshCleats

So.

I was around halfway or so through chapter 4 (on the 360), with no problems so far. Booted it up last night, resumed my save as normal. Then...chapter 1 started playing? "Huh, weird" I thought. Exited out, went to resume again and...my save had reset to the beginning of the first chapter. Hadn't even thought about saving in multiple slots or anything. UGH.

So.

I'm pretty sure I'm just boned, but is there any chance I might not be? Someone say otherwise! God dammit.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

My condolences in advance of any dooming news, man. I've heard of this going around quite a lot lately after the release of Episode 5.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By wjb

I had it happen to me during Episode 3 a couple weeks ago.

I was told to copy the save and put it in slot 3. Start it again in original slot and it went back to episode 3, but I had to replay that one over. Not the end of the world, but better than having to restart completely.

It sucks and soured my experience twice, but I suggest waiting for a patch, whenever that is.

DrLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By DrLove

happend to me too

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Same thing happened to me when I started episode five, and I too thought I was boned...it's pretty hard not to when you see that episode one intro, a file save that says episode one, and a bunch of blank stat screens. Luckily, I was able to just restart episode five and all of the stat screens and my choices were magically restored. In your case, I would try copying your save over to a different slot and then using the rewind on episode four to go back to the last checkpoint. If you're lucky, everything will come back.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.