Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Screw You Telltale

moffattron9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By moffattron9000

Telltale I was really looking forward to this game but you decided that because you thought that you couldn't get a rating in Australia, you decide to not only try for Australia but not even bother with New Zealand because it would be too expensive. I'm sorry but when the cost is $1100 USD to get it rated and there are 190,000 PS3's and 360's in our market you would only need to sell 220 copies to get your money back. I know there are probably other expenses involved but it still doesn't change the fact that what you said comes off as a blatant excuse. You also said that if it was a full priced game like Mortal Kombat because the profit margins are higher it's less of an issue. So then why don't you just then release it as a retail game when all of the episodes are released but instead as far as I can tell you have no intentions of doing that do you. The worst part of this however is that for some baffling reason you can release the game on Steam down here which for someone that is using a computer that isn't powerful enough to play it it and that you sent codes to critics down here just comes off like your rubbing salt in the wound.

Am I expecting too much. Probably

Am I still getting over the fact that Pac-Man Championship Edition DX didn't come out here for 360. Probably.

Will this angry rant change anything. Probably not.

Does all of this change the fact that it feels like Telltale is just being lazy and there are only two words I want to say to them. No

So in that case since saying those two words would be boring, here's a better use of those two words that sums up my opinion of telltale at the moment.

moffattron9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By moffattron9000

Telltale I was really looking forward to this game but you decided that because you thought that you couldn't get a rating in Australia, you decide to not only try for Australia but not even bother with New Zealand because it would be too expensive. I'm sorry but when the cost is $1100 USD to get it rated and there are 190,000 PS3's and 360's in our market you would only need to sell 220 copies to get your money back. I know there are probably other expenses involved but it still doesn't change the fact that what you said comes off as a blatant excuse. You also said that if it was a full priced game like Mortal Kombat because the profit margins are higher it's less of an issue. So then why don't you just then release it as a retail game when all of the episodes are released but instead as far as I can tell you have no intentions of doing that do you. The worst part of this however is that for some baffling reason you can release the game on Steam down here which for someone that is using a computer that isn't powerful enough to play it it and that you sent codes to critics down here just comes off like your rubbing salt in the wound.

Am I still getting over the fact that Pac-Man Championship Edition DX didn't come out here for 360. Probably.

Does all of this change the fact that it feels like Telltale is just being lazy and there are only two words I want to say to them. No

So in that case since saying those two words would be boring, here's a better use of those two words that sums up my opinion of telltale at the moment.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By nintendoeats

Well firstly you aren't allowed to swear in thread titles, and secondly if they don't think that their game would get a saleable rating (which it wouldn't) then there is no reason for them to spend the money.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Dagbiker

K. Just buy the pc version.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Sambambo

@moffattron9000 said:

Where did you get the 'probably' from?

Just make an account in a different region and download it, I am guessing that that is what they wanted to happen.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@moffattron9000: As much as i try to hate that song...i just can't. Also, swearing in thread titles, at least you didn't say ****** (this post was edited by moderators)

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bybeach

I kind of have some sympathy, but if you can play it on PC(if I understand right) but yours isn't strong enough, welll upgrade. I didn't know The Walking Dead even came out on console...yes guess it does..

Kind of an odd penalty for living in New Zealand (a numbers game), love to visit someday.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

From what I hear on the internets, it's available on Steam in those territories. That's the version you want anyway.

Win win?

moffattron9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By moffattron9000

@nintendoeats: Firstly I didn't know about the no swearing policy in titles and is there any way to change that. Secondly the fact I was making is that telltale can get a saleable rating down here and it really comes off as not trying

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Synthballs

@moffattron9000: Thats Funny.

I got Pacman CE:DX in Australia for 360.

Look harder, it's brilliant.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By warxsnake

holy fuck, some people.

Lautaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Lautaro

@nintendoeats said:

Well firstly you aren't allowed to swear in thread titles, and secondly if they don't think that their game would get a saleable rating (which it wouldn't) then there is no reason for them to spend the money.

This would have gotten released in Australia easy. Don't believe everything you hear on the bombcast, every 2nd game isn't banned here.

Also the fact that they just ignored New Zealand when they actually have an 18+ rating is pretty dumb.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#12  Edited By LordAndrew

Since it's a blig, you should be able to rename it.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hbkdx12

It does suck but apparently people have found feasible ways around the issue

moffattron9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By moffattron9000

@LordAndrew: Thanks for that fixed it now

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By killacam

teltayl suxxx

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16  Edited By JasonR86

@moffattron9000:

Can't you just get the PC version?

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Grillbar

@moffattron9000 said:

calm down just make a us or eu account on your console and then buy it and share the content to your current profile easy.

or buy the pc version if that not a problem for you.

easy and that way telltale does not have to risk a bunch of money, its a win/win situation

so lets change those two words in to

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Cameron

I assume they just genuinely thought it would be refused classification. Why would they turn down easy profits? They probably looked at Left for Dead 2 and thought their game had similar qualities. I suppose an easy way to tell would be to see if the PC version is rated. If that has a rating, then it does seem strange they wouldn't release it on other systems, but if it doesn't, then they probably thought it would be refused classification.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TentPole

@Lautaro said:

@nintendoeats said:

This would have gotten released in Australia easy. Don't believe everything you hear on the bombcast, every 2nd game isn't banned here.

Also the fact that they just ignored New Zealand when they actually have an 18+ rating is pretty dumb.

It was Telltale themselves that said it would not have passed certification not the bombcast.

moffattron9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By moffattron9000
    @Cameron The thing is That unlike Australia, New Zealand actually has an 18+ rating thus making any argument of don't try we know we'll lose moot because that problem isn't the case here.
    Lautaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lautaro

@TentPole said:

@Lautaro said:

@nintendoeats said:

It was Telltale themselves that said it would not have passed certification not the bombcast.

I saw that they said that. They were assuming though as they didn't submit it to get rated.

Also how do you explain New Zealand who have an 18+ rating not getting the game even submitted? I get that Telltale are popular and liked but they can sometimes be in the wrong. Honestly, having played the game it isn't even that violent.

On a side note, what I meant about the bombcast is that they in the past have acted like barely any games come out here because so many are banned. They were probably being sarcastic but meh.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By august

POPCAP, VERY ANGRY HOBBITS WOULD LIKE TO PLAY YOUR GAME

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TentPole

@Lautaro: You have to keep in mind that they don't just need Episode 1 to get approved. They have to make sure that all the episodes can make it. From the interview with Gary it sounds like things get far more fucked up. Telltale is pretty sure that whatever it is it will not pass the ratings board. And to be blunt they know a hell of a lot more than you do about what is going to be in their game. Furthermore it is there money and so if they don't think it will pass then who the fuck are you to tell them they should pay the fee?

Unfortunatly New Zealand is a casualty of this as they have decided it is not financially viable to release in the region. Maybe they are wrong but you know what? You can still get the game on the pc.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#24  Edited By Phatmac

That sucks for you, but this kind of action isn't a smart idea.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By subject2change

If your computer can't run a telltale adventure game, you should probably buy a new PC.

Also can't you just get an American PSN account and get it from that?

Lautaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lautaro

@TentPole: Pretty hostile response, no one swore at you.

I also have high doubts that the game wouldn't have gotten through considering its artstyle and whatnot - looking at recent zombie releases of Dead Rising 2 and Dead Island I think this would have got through. The future episodes would have to be pretty messed up to be worse than Dead Island, only time will tell I suppose.

Bringing up Gary Whitta on the podcast I don't think bears relevance, writers and developers always big up things they are working on, he was never going to say - this game gets less violent in each episode. Again, time will tell.

Will just have to keep buying them on American PSN - what they probably want anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.