Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Should I wait to play The Walking Dead?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By natetodamax

On this week's Bombcast, the guys said it was a bummer having to wait so long between episodes because you lose momentum. I used my 400 points on the first episode yesterday but I'm not sure if I should play that and the second episode now or wait for the remaining episodes to come out to avoid this issue.

What do you guys think? Should I play them as they come out or would it be better to wait?

andriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By andriv

don't wait and don't replay a chapter for different results.

pretty good game, has some pretty unique and amazing moments.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Klei

Either you wait and try to remember that you should play this game, or play it like everybody else on a monthly basis. That's up to you. Case closed.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By hbkdx12

My initial response would be to wait to play the whole thing, however, although i agree that you do lose momentum from one episode to the next, the writing and story or so great that it's quite easy to find yourself re-invested without much effort. Especially considering each episode (thus far) is about 2-3 hours. I've left both episodes so far feeling very satisfied but yet still craving the next one. 

Thankfully it doesn't feel like they're drawing out the game needlessly just so they can say they produced 5 episodes. Again, each episode leaves you feeling satisfied based on it's content and story  where you shouldn't  feel like you need all the episodes right now to feel like it's a worthy product. 

I say go for it as it comes.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By Sooperspy

Just start now. The game is amazing and you won't regret it.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Daveyo520

@Voxel: Play them now. They are good.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By FourWude

Just wait and pick them all up half price in a grouped weekly xbla sale. It'll definitely happen sometime in the future.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By cornbredx

I have played telltale games since around their humble beginnings (well when they released their first Sam and Max game- I didn't play any of the Bone games or their CSI games). 

I always get them about halfway through the series of releases. That's just me and how I like to play, as I know it will then usually last me until the game ends based on how long I know I will put into it every time I play. 

Get it when you feel like playing. Being bummed you have to wait for the next one is kind of a good thing, in my opinion. It means they're doing something right- because you still want to play.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Phatmac

Play them so you can be in the discussion with the rest of us! :)

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By killacam

play them now, then play them again!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.