Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

So, did you ever rewind? "No Spoilers, please"

• 53 results
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Personally, I only did a rewind because I missed a piece of dialog, I made exactly the same choices though even if I didn't feel like they were right the second time around. Did anyone rewind to change decisions? I wouldn't do it, because I'd feel like I would be "cheating" the game. How about you?

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Hunter5024

I did it in the third episode to see if something could be changed or not. When I found out it couldn't the game kind of lost a lot of its magic.

Lavapotamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Lavapotamus

@Hunter5024 said:

I did it in the third episode to see if something could be changed or not. When I found out it couldn't the game kind of lost a lot of its magic.

I found that out after talking with my roommate. He handled pretty much every choice differently than I did, but our episodes played out pretty much the same. TWD has a great story to tell, but the "your decisions matter!" mechanic is pretty much a lie. Every character's fate is pre-determined. If you go against what the writers had in mind when they wrote the script, they'll just lead you back onto their path further down the road.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By beargirl1

i never did any sort of rewind. in addition to hearing everything and sticking to my decisions, i just forgot that the feature even existed

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dungbootle

Sometimes when my computer had a problem, but I would always choose the choices I had already made.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Hunter5024

@Lavapotamus said:

@Hunter5024 said:

I found that out after talking with my roommate. He handled pretty much every choice differently than I did, but our episodes played out pretty much the same. TWD has a great story to tell, but the "your decisions matter!" mechanic is pretty much a lie. Every character's fate is pre-determined. If you go against what the writers had in mind when they wrote the script, they'll just lead you back onto their path further down the road.

Yeah where the strength really lied was in the illusion of choice actually making you more invested in the game, because even when you didn't have a lot of control over things, you felt like you did, so when shit went wrong it still felt like your fault, and that gives the emotion a little more punch. Ultimately I feel like I ruined the game for myself by allowing that illusion to be broken, because from every point afterwards I never felt as invested in what happened, and none of the episodes surpassed 2 for me because of that. The moral of the story is to let yourself believe the lie.

L44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By L44

wait,

You can rewind?

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheSouthernDandy
    me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By me3639

No, but it want until after episode 3 where i was asking myself "What if.."

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By redcream

No

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#12  Edited By Yummylee

@TheSouthernDandy said:

Nope. But I did pause at one choice in the game and look online at the consequences cause I was freaking out about what to do.

It was whether to take Clem with the group or not in episode 4.
    Oh maaan, I chose to leave her and I can remember how panicky I started to feel right after. I think it was because the gun Lee gives Clem I'm pretty sure was the empty revolver he got off Chuck or something... plus, I'm leaving Clem alone in the house with a potential zombie threat at that.

As for the OP: Nope, not once.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

@Yummylee said:

@TheSouthernDandy said:

Nope. But I did pause at one choice in the game and look online at the consequences cause I was freaking out about what to do.

It was whether to take Clem with the group or not in episode 4.
    Oh maaan, I chose to leave her and I can remember how panicky I started to feel right after. I think it was because the gun Lee gives Clem I'm pretty sure was the empty revolver he got off Chuck or something... plus, I'm leaving Clem alone in the house with a potential zombie threat at that.

As for the OP: Nope, not once.

Yeah taking her seemed like a bad idea but leaving her seemed just as bad. There were a few times playing through that game I wanted to look online but that was the only time I ever did while playing. Legit almost panicking about what to do.
    Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mrsignerman44

Yes I did, multiple times but mostly because of slip ups in conversation and not big decisions.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By zaccheus

No. Never crossed my mind.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By probablytuna

I never went back to any of the episodes and I don't ever plan on playing it ever again. Even if there's that one glitch where I didn't get the last achievement on Steam.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Milkman

Never.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By recroulette

The Walking Dead is the first game where I'm happy with what I chose AND I have no intention of seeing it another way. It just seems on another level because of how I feel about that game. Everything about it felt so damn real. I don't like talking about it, I don't like thinking about it, and I sure as hell won't go back to try and do things differently.

DewRequired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By DewRequired

@Hunter5024 said:

Yeah. I was so upset at a result in one of the episode's that I felt was totally my fault, went back and changed it, had the same outcome. Definitely a little magic lost.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @RecSpec
    The Walking Dead is the first game where I'm happy with what I chose AND I have no intention of seeing it another way. It just seems on another level because of how I feel about that game. Everything about it felt so damn real. I don't like talking about it, I don't like thinking about it, and I sure as hell won't go back to try and do things differently.
    But in a couple of years, wouldn't you want to go back and experience it again? Even if you picked the same things as last time?
    Huey2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Huey2k2

I didn't even know you COULD rewind until after I finished the game. I am kind of glad I didn't know, no temptations.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By recroulette
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    @RecSpec
    But in a couple of years, wouldn't you want to go back and experience it again? Even if you picked the same things as last time?
    Probably not, I'm at a point in my life where I don't really have time to revisit things. I barely have enough time to play new things.
    sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By sickVisionz

I did a rewind in Episode 3 to try and get a different outcome for a character, but it turns out what happened was something will happen no matter what you do unless you make a choice way back in Episode 1 that is equally as bad for the character.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Coafi

Well, yeah... only because I have 2 saves one is good Lee and the other is asshole Lee.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By BulletproofMonk

Not once. Thought about it though.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#26  Edited By Humanity

Only time I wanted to rewind was in episode 3 when the interface didn't make it quite clear which person I was choosing in the heat of the moment - but in the end it didn't really matter.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#27  Edited By PhatSeeJay

No. Zombies walking forward is freaky enough.

psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

#28  Edited By psykhophear

Nope. I just played along even though I know some of the decisions I made were not the best.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @Humanity

Only time I wanted to rewind was in episode 3 when the interface didn't make it quite clear which person I was choosing in the heat of the moment - but in the end it didn't really matter.

I think I know what you are talking about, I think it happened to me. I just yelled at the person I was trying to save and then freaked out and grabbed the other because I thought it was my only option. I might rewind just so I can correct it, but like you said it doesn't really matter in the end, I just want to make sure the game knows who I tried to save.
    Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Humanity

@NekuSakuraba: IF you mean

if you pull the girl or the guy up into the train as they're running beside it, then that is the moment I meant.

In retrospect it does show those brackets that were usually employed during shoot out of cover sequences but two arrows pointing left or right is as clear as it can get. I suppose I just went for the person closer to me.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#31  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Nope not once. Stuck to my choices.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @Humanity

@NekuSakuraba: IF you mean

In retrospect it does show those brackets that were usually employed during shoot out of cover sequences but two arrows pointing left or right is as clear as it can get. I suppose I just went for the person closer to me.

Yeah that's what I'm talking about. I did click on the man, but Lee just yelled at him to hurry up. I guess it was because I didn't go to the right enough? Anyway, I'm not sure if I should rewind or not. Wouldn't it be cheating even if it was my original intention?
    Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Cold_Wolven

Yeah definitely a moment in episode 3 that totally caught me by surprise and rewinding the episode only ruins the game when you come to realize that choice is an illusion in this game.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Humanity

@NekuSakuraba: I wouldn't bother as seeing the ending it won't change anything.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#35  Edited By nightriff

No, that defeats the purpose of the game to rewind, live with your choices and move on

sumbog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By sumbog

Yes first episode, but after that I was like, "I'm gonna stick with my screw ups"

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MariachiMacabre

No. My choices, my consequences. It loses all impact if you just go back and change it.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#38  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Once, because I accidentally decided to advance the story even though there was one conversation I still wanted to hear.

FrankieSpankie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By FrankieSpankie

I might have but only to hear a line or two I missed. I did at the end of chapter 1 the day it was released too to see what would happen if I saved Doug (I think that was his name). I finished the chapter with him as well but didn't play any further with him once chapter 2 was released.

Jynnan_Tonnyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jynnan_Tonnyx

I've only played through three of them at this point, but I would unequivocally agree that rewinding would ruin the experience for me.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By AlexW00d

@sickVisionz said:

I did a rewind in Episode 3 to try and get a different outcome for a character, but it turns out what happened was something will happen no matter what you do unless you make a choice way back in Episode 1 that is equally as bad for the character.

I didn't do a rewind (didn't know you could until now) but I did ALT-F4 the shit out of the game when that happened. That whole moment was so poorly written :(

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Petiew

I rewound at the end of chapter 4. I felt I got shafted/betrayed by a character I had supported for a while, so I rewound to tell them to fuck themself.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DoctorTran

I didn't even know you could rewind.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By LikeaSsur

No, which sucks, because I'll probably never play the game again. I already know what happens, I've been through the emotional roller coaster. Any subsequent playthroughs won't be as impactful.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By 49th
    squidraid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By squidraid

It's a strange comparison, but I didn't really consider it in this game for the same reason I was reluctant to do it even on non-Ironman XCOM playthroughs. It feels like cheating.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#47  Edited By Mnemoidian

Knew about it, but... No.

No takesies backsies.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Karkarov

No but I have been forced to replay entire episodes due to stupid bugs.

meaninoflife42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By meaninoflife42

Hell no!

sean2206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By sean2206

I rewound once last night at the end of episode 4 because

After Clem got kidnapped Kenny refused to come which I thought was an asshole move because I felt I'd supported him from episode 2 on. I chose Shawn and unintentionally supported Larry but after that I fed Kenny and his family, got duck water, I shot him, didn't fight Kenny, supported his boat plan, tried to console him and didn't ask him to shoot the kid but he was all like you haven't had my back since the start when I've had far more decision in support of him than against over the first 4 episodes. It was real surprising especially since as at the end of episode 2 he gave me the whole I trust you now speech you can come in the RV. So I rewound it and tried the "Clem's my family" dialogue instead of the "I need you" dialogue and that got him to come and he said you were always there for Katjaa and Duck, but if that's his view then why was he so pissed off. I don't know but that's the only time I've reminded it so far.

Don't think I'll rewind it again though, try to keep the story intact, but I really wanted that character to come with.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.