So it's not coming out on PSN or XLBA in Australia

#1 Posted by Zace (93 posts) -
#2 Posted by Lautaro (448 posts) -

@Zace said:

Apparently you can thank the OFLC for that

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29375

Sucks, cause I actually pre bought some PSN credit to pick up Episode 1. Now the only way for me to purchase it is a season pass from Steam or Telltale.

Anyone else annoyed?

I was wondering where this was on the PSN store or XBLA, well better get it through the American store then. So depressing that this shit keeps happening.

#3 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

PC it is

#4 Posted by Supah_Ted (43 posts) -

Fuck this country

#5 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

R18+ was a cert!....last year.... :(

#6 Posted by Grillbar (1898 posts) -

@Zace said:

Apparently you can thank the OFLC for that

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29375

Sucks, cause I actually pre bought some PSN credit to pick up Episode 1. Now the only way for me to purchase it is a season pass from Steam or Telltale.

Anyone else annoyed?

cant you just make a European/american account and bypass it that way and then share it across your own account making you able to play it. done deal. also the pc version is still an option

#7 Posted by wariomona (59 posts) -

I thought there were R-rated video games here now...

I'm not interested in the game, but I guess it'd have to be at least as gory as Manhunt to be at the level of getting banned.

But actually there are quite a lot of games missing from the Australian 360 / PSN marketplaces, not even due to rating issues, so I've been using overseas accounts where necessary for a while.

#8 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

How the fuck does it make sense that it is only the PS3/360 version banned?

#9 Posted by probablytuna (3808 posts) -

What's in the game that requires an R+18 rating? Kid zombies?

#10 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1596 posts) -

*Ignorant American* Mannn, I thought they already fixed this whole issue?!

#11 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Damn, my fiancée wants to play this, might have to use my US account.

#12 Posted by Zace (93 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba: When you ask questions, people get hurt......

#13 Posted by Genkkaku (738 posts) -

As far as I can tell Telltale never sent it to the OFLC is the first place.. they went under the assumption that it would be Refused Classification.. Which I highly doubt because companies have argued before that if its cartoony it's not the same as realistic looking violence (I forget the game but I think that this would defiantly be able to follow suite)

As Steam is different (not sure on the full details) it allows them to sell it through there..

I was so looking forward to this as well..

#14 Posted by SkyTown_Drifts (47 posts) -

@wariomona said:

I thought there were R-rated video games here now...

I'm not interested in the game, but I guess it'd have to be at least as gory as Manhunt to be at the level of getting banned.

But actually there are quite a lot of games missing from the Australian 360 / PSN marketplaces, not even due to rating issues, so I've been using overseas accounts where necessary for a while.

I don't think it has taken effect yet, as they said they would hope for it to take effect at the end of 2011 which didn't happen. We just have to wait for now.

#15 Posted by SuperSambo (2881 posts) -

Just make an account linked to a different region.

#16 Posted by Lautaro (448 posts) -

Reading more about this they could have at least submitted it for classification... Not to mention that our neighbours NZ are a different country with different classification laws. Pretty offensive to them that they're just about being treated as a part of us.

#17 Posted by Metal_Mills (3038 posts) -

I searched it on the OFLC website. It was never even submitted for a rating. They just didn't even bother. wtf?

#18 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

@SeriouslyNow said:

Yeah I thought this whole load of shit was finally fixed for you guys last year when they added the new rating. What happened?

#19 Posted by Lautaro (448 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

Yeah I thought this whole load of shit was finally fixed for you guys last year when they added the new rating. What happened?

Telltale didn't submit the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.