Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

So was episode 2 worth the wait for you guys?

• 78 results
    leinad44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By leinad44

For me, technical issues aside, this episode is one of the most suspenseful and shocking video game experiences I've had in a long time. I'm willing to forgive telltale's delayed release to give us one hell of an episode.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
    ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

I haven't finished it yet but so far it's been great. I'd say it's been worth the wait.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Vonocourt

Gotta wait till Friday.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By Sooperspy

Can't wait for the PSN release Friday. So pumped.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By TheHumanDove

Buy every episode in a pack

wait longer

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#6  Edited By BeachThunder

I'm looking forward to it on Steam; but the real problem with a delayed release is the fact that I can barely remember what I did in the last episode D:

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Twiggy199

unlocked 2 achievements, pressed guide button, both times achievements weren't unlocked....weird.

Guybrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#8  Edited By Guybrush

@Twiggy199 said:

unlocked 2 achievements, pressed guide button, both times achievements weren't unlocked....weird.

Same thing happened to me and a friend of mine. I guess it's a common bug. Strange one.

fisher81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By fisher81

Is it just me, or was Episode 2 way better than Episode 1? Like, if Episode 1 was a 6/10, Episode 2 was a 15/10. Absolutely blew me away.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By Sackmanjones

Fuck man, Friday needs to hurry its ass up 

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
    ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

@fisher81 said:

Is it just me, or was Episode 2 way better than Episode 1? Like, if Episode 1 was a 6/10, Episode 2 was a 15/10. Absolutely blew me away.

This one was fucking AMAZING.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@Vonocourt: Lucky dog. I have to wait two weeks because I'm leaving for an internet minimal vacation on Friday. Maybe I'll try and see if it will run on my laptop.

Scottish_Sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Scottish_Sin

Yes, it was worth the wait. Episode 2 was fucking outstanding.

MysteriousFawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MysteriousFawx

Playing on 360...anyone else noticing that load times are kinda...well...janky? Or do I need to get clearing some space on my hdd?

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sooperspy

Fucking god. Reading the comments in here is really making me hate that the PSN release isn't until Friday. I need this so bad.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dezztroy

If only they'd actually release it when it was ready instead of delaying all three versions of the game because of Microsoft BS.

Netorage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Netorage

I'll just say that Episode 2 was fucking nuts. You guys who have not yet played it are not ready. So you better get ready.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By papercut

I will say this felt less like a game than episode one. A lot more dialogue trees and just clicking on everything. But overall I thought it was great. The only real negative thing I got out of it is now I have to wait for episode 3.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bkbroiler

Absolutely worth the wait. The story and characters are just incredible. I will say I'm bummed I don't have a PC good enough to run this, the Xbox version freezes up whenever a decision is made, it seems. A bummer because it's really the only complaint I have about it.

Soap_of_Death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Soap_of_Death

Just finished it, easily worth the wait IMO. Avoid spoilers at all costs if you haven't played it.

Rabid619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Rabid619

Just finished Episode 2 five minutes ago and I can give a resounding hell yes. The suspense and genuinely shocking moments that this series has been able to create are amazing, plus the genuine guilt that I feel whenever I have to compromise my morals in front of Clem (end of episode two, specifically) makes it all worth the wait. Such a great series that Telltale has created here.

dopplerganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By dopplerganger

I thought it was damn good. Shit gets fucked.

monkeynuts8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By monkeynuts8

What an experience, so many unexpected moments. Where can it go from here!?

Scottish_Sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Scottish_Sin

@bkbroiler said:

Absolutely worth the wait. The story and characters are just incredible. I will say I'm bummed I don't have a PC good enough to run this, the Xbox version freezes up whenever a decision is made, it seems. A bummer because it's really the only complaint I have about it.

Yeah, that's my only complaint here as well. It's been a while since I've played episode one, but this one felt that it was doing that a lot worse in ep 2. Pretty unfortunate really as it can be a bit off putting in those dramatic moments.

Still though, what a fantastic game.

TheSilentGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 28

#25  Edited By TheSilentGod

Easily worth the wait, this Walking Dead game is something really special, powerful experience. The technical issues, especially the chugging, are worrying. My achievements haven't unlocked properly either, but the game itself is fantastic.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#26  Edited By golguin

@Scottish_Sin said:

@bkbroiler said:

Yeah, that's my only complaint here as well. It's been a while since I've played episode one, but this one felt that it was doing that a lot worse in ep 2. Pretty unfortunate really as it can be a bit off putting in those dramatic moments.

The short freezes were very annoying, but I think it's a testament to the excellence of the story that I tolerate it. Aside from that it surpasses the 1st episode in every way I can think of. It seemed to be twice as long as the first, it had more "oh shit" moments, more choices had me thinking about their consequences, and Clem actually made go against my own personal decisions several times because I didn't want her to think I'm a bad guy.

I think it's pretty amazing when I'm presented with a choice, a character goads me into doing a thing, I cheer about the thing I do, and then Clem's reaction makes me replay the scene.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By bkbroiler

@golguin said:

@Scottish_Sin said:

@bkbroiler said:

The short freezes were very annoying, but I think it's a testament to the excellence of the story that I tolerate it. Aside from that it surpasses the 1st episode in every way I can think of. It seemed to be twice as long as the first, it had more "oh shit" moments, more choices had me thinking about their consequences, and Clem actually made go against my own personal decisions several times because I didn't want her to think I'm a bad guy.

I think it's pretty amazing when I'm presented with a choice, a character goads me into doing a thing, I cheer about the thing I do, and then Clem's reaction makes me replay the scene.

Yeah. I wouldn't put up with the freezing if the game wasn't fantastic. And agreed about siding with Clem - I'm pretty much playing the game purely now so she doesn't grow up thinking I'm some sort of monster.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pezen

I am torn. On one hand I do think the episode was worth the wait because it had a lot of really good moments and the way they are progressing these characters and their relationships are rather great. But, that doesn't necessarily mean I ideally would want to wait this long between episodes. It's on the brink of one almost losing touch with the story until the next one rolls around. Still pleased with the episode though, aside from the technical hiccups.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9d14856890c
    deactivated-5c9d14856890c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Finished it earlier today - I started it and couldn't put it down until I'd got to the end, it's far better than the quite decent first episode. Telltale are nailing the tone of the comic books. An easy 5/5 stars from me if I had to choose a score.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By fjordson

Fantastic episode. Just bought the first two last night on XBLA, and while I loved the first episode, this one was maybe twice as good.

The technical issues are a bit perplexing, though. Nothing major that I've personally seen so far, but there are plenty of games on 360 that are way more technically demanding than Walking Dead, and yet they also run a lot smoother. Weird.

lclay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By lclay

Some of the most powerful storytelling I have experienced in any medium. Makes me remember why I play video games.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#32  Edited By Phatmac

Most games don't ever get any emotion out of me. This episode did. It's my favorite episode yet. I can't wait for the next one.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#33  Edited By project343

@fisher81 said:

Man. I really enjoyed Episode 1. 6/10 seems super harsh.

Vague description of where I'm at in Episode 2 so far: I'm about to go scout a place after I had to work with a tractor. So far, I'd rate the episodes as:

• Episode 1 - 8/10
    • Episode 2 - 9/10
    handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By handlas

Anyone happen to play the 2nd episode and not the first? Does it just randomly choose your choices from the first episode or does it give you the option to choose?

Thinking about picking up the 2nd episode on a different console than the first.

Johnnboy2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Johnnboy2000

My god . I just finished playing it in one setting and it has to be one of the best gaming experience I have had all year and it's only the 2ed episode. I love the tension , the atmosphere and most importantly characters I actually care about them and what happens too them. The choices the game throws at you made me really think on how it would affect the grope and most importantly Clem. I do agree with earlier posts that almost two mouth is a long time to wait but it is so will done I don't realy mind waiting and the recap did a good job of reminding me of the big decisions I made in the previous episode. I can't wait to see what happens next

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SomeDeliCook

It was delayed but even still there is some ugly fucking glitches and stuttering going on in just the 2-3 hours it lasts.

The story itself was great. The technical stuff was awful. The story more than makes up for the glitches though.

joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

Just when I was out, they pull me back in.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#38  Edited By golguin

@SomeDeliCook said:

It was delayed but even still there is some ugly fucking glitches and stuttering going on in just the 2-3 hours it lasts.

The story itself was great. The technical stuff was awful. The story more than makes up for the glitches though.

2-3 hours? More like 3-4 hours. I haven't done a 2nd run of it yet (it will be faster), but it was 2:30 am when I got to the dairy farm and it was 5:30am when I finished. I make sure to check on everything and when I accidentally activated a new scene I redid that section and found some stuff that I would have missed had I not done it again.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@golguin said:

@SomeDeliCook said:

2-3 hours? More like 3-4 hours. I haven't done a 2nd run of it yet (it will be faster), but it was 2:30 am when I got to the dairy farm and it was 5:30am when I finished. I make sure to check on everything and when I accidentally activated a new scene I redid that section and found some stuff that I would have missed had I not done it again.

Point is, I ran into quite a number of bugs for a game that is just a few hours. Stuff like the stuttering or the sound just stopping for a whole scene (while its also stuttering) and among some other annoying bugs.

The story was still amazing, however it was pointless to delay it if it was just going to have annoying bugs anyway. Just release it with the bugs then update it later if it means we get them quicker.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40  Edited By Sooty

The stuttering is really annoying. Still the value you get from these episodes is pretty great, episode 2 was well over 2 hours for me I believe!

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By The_Ruiner

So much better than ep. 1..and I really liked ep.1

Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#42  Edited By Bass

I'm glad that I decided to switch to the PC for this game. I played the first episode on my xbox, and it had a few minor little hitches. I replayed it on my new PC last night and was able to play episode 2 today with 0 problems. The problem with these games is that I want to play the next ep right now and i probably won't for like another two months if telltale keeps up this pace (if I had to guess, the pace will get even slower).

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Sooty

Must be a bit sad for AMC seeing how awful their TV show is in comparison to this game.

Revan_NL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Revan_NL

It was fantastic, well written and in a really fucked up but in a good way. There's one big issue I have with the game though: it runs horribly on the 360. A couple of long loading times and several cases of short freezes and audio stutters.

fistfulofmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#45  Edited By fistfulofmetal

Def worth it. Some of the best storytelling I've seen in gaming. Just really impressive. They're putting together a very dark and engrossing story with plenty of memorable layered characters.

The direction they the story is hinting at is interesting and definitely not what I expected. Spoiler:

The "bandits" being buyers/sellers of people who are selling off children? VERY dark. I would hope they don't bitch out on this.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Sooty

@Revan_NL said:

It was fantastic, well written and in a really fucked up but in a good way. There's one big issue I have with the game though: it runs horribly on the 360. A couple of long loading times and several cases of short freezes and audio stutters.

Yep, I bought ep 1 & 2 on 360 because it's delayed on EU PSN, and holy shit, it runs terribly in comparison. Although PS3 did stutter too but 360 seems to do it more often and for longer.

Revan_NL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Revan_NL

Also got the PS3 version but just couldn't wait. It does seem that both versions tend to sutter when unlocking achievements/trophies

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Sooperspy

PS3 version doesn't even work. When you choose to start the second episode, it kicks you out to the XMB.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By laserbolts

@Revan_NL said:

Is it that bad though? I was thinking about getting the first episode and checking it out.

Revan_NL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Revan_NL

First episode did run considerably better then the second one in my experience.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.