So when the hell is Episode 3 coming out

• 101 results
#1 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

It's been 2 months, and considering I DID pay upfront for these things on Steam, I do feel entitled to a status report on when I'll be able to start counting down the week between the 360 version and everybody else's version.

#2 Posted by laserbolts (5365 posts) -

I believe it's supposed to come out this month so hopefully that will be the case. Can't wait for another episode.

#3 Posted by Time_Lord (723 posts) -

yes this wait has pissed me off if your going to take 2 months to make each episode have the decency to be upfront about. I don't mind waiting but it does piss me off when the say a time frame and miss it completely with no updated eta.

#4 Posted by Viking_Funeral (1896 posts) -

As someone who also bought it on Steam, I am less than enthused about them not sticking to their monthly schedule. Now I'm just going to wait until all 5 are out.

#5 Edited by Redbullet685 (6085 posts) -
#6 Posted by Time_Lord (723 posts) -

@Redbullet685: I wish people on PC did not have to wait for the console versions to go through the cert process kind of stupid really.

#7 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

@Time_Lord said:

@Redbullet685: I wish people on PC did not have to wait for the console versions to go through the cert process kind of stupid really.

One day PC gaming will reign supreme again.

And, while some may hope for a long and prosperous reign of co-operation and love and all that hippie shit, I for one hope that we usher in an age of chaos and despair.

Oh god this is what the American South thinks, isn't it.

why is it so compelling

#8 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

@Time_Lord said:

yes this wait has pissed me off if your going to take 2 months to make each episode have the decency to be upfront about. I don't mind waiting but it does piss me off when the say a time frame and miss it completely with no updated eta.

As much as people have said that telltale has stated this, no one has ever been able to point me to a direct quote of them, or any proof what-so-ever that they ever said this.

#9 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

@Time_Lord said:

As much as people have said that telltale has stated this, no one has ever been able to point me to a direct quote of them, or any proof what-so-ever that they ever said this.

It was on the Steam page.

They've since removed it.

#10 Posted by Phatmac (5727 posts) -

Wow, I forgot about it supposed to be coming out this month. I want it bad guys!

#11 Posted by DoctorWelch (2765 posts) -

Less than two weeks. Can they do it?

#12 Posted by Marz (5671 posts) -

not holding my breath... if it comes out it comes out.

#13 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1253 posts) -

As long as the quality of the past 2 continue throughout the rest of the games, they can take their time...However, there will be a point when I forget about my decisions and spend half of the game being like "Oh yea that guy is dead" or something like that so I would love episode 3 to be soon!

#14 Posted by SmilingPig (1341 posts) -

I am waiting for episode 5 before buying the serie.

#15 Posted by Kombat (2205 posts) -

Every time they are slated to release a new episode there is suddenly a giant trade show on the horizon, and the release is delayed. Coincidence? Probably not. For episode 2 it was E3. With episode 3 they want to show it at PAX before they release it.

#16 Posted by HadesTimes (827 posts) -

I would imagine it would be some time in the next two weeks. But hey I'm no certification expert :)

#17 Posted by AlwaysBeClothing (1493 posts) -

From what I remember of Back to The Future, episodes would almost come out on the last possible date, so the 30th or 31st of a month. If Telltale actually said it would come out in August, that's when I'd expect it. Otherwise, one could wait until every episode is out before buying it to avoid fretting about unknown release dates.

#18 Posted by Driam (167 posts) -

At this point, I'm interpreting their "mid-august" as "early september". I don't doubt it'll be worth the wait, though.

#19 Posted by OldGuy (1575 posts) -

"When it's done."

#20 Posted by BeachThunder (12415 posts) -

Hm, this thread title seems familiar...

#21 Posted by Irvandus (2881 posts) -

Insert Half Life joke here.

#22 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

Telltale just submitted it for Cert.

#23 Posted by Gonzo33 (13 posts) -

According to Gary Whitta's twitter, they have at least started (last week) doing the voice recording for episode 4, so hopely we'll not have to wait as long as we've been waiting for episode 3.

#24 Posted by nasseh (83 posts) -

Waiting patiently.

#25 Posted by Doctorchimp (4055 posts) -

My favorite thing about telltale games?

Seeing this topic...every goddamn episode...

#26 Edited by AndrewB (7689 posts) -

When they give a month (in this case, August), expect it within the last few hours of that month.

Also, the two chapters I've played have probably been worth the cost of the game, so I'm fairly patient in waiting for more.

#27 Posted by Lukeweizer (2765 posts) -

What's the difference between buying them all on Steam and pre-ordering a game with no release date?

#28 Posted by FourWude (2245 posts) -

@Terramagi said:

@Time_Lord said:

One day PC gaming will reign supreme again.

And, while some may hope for a long and prosperous reign of co-operation and love and all that hippie shit, I for one hope that we usher in an age of chaos and despair.

Oh god this is what the American South thinks, isn't it.

why is it so compelling

THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN!!

#29 Posted by chilibean_3 (1695 posts) -

First you wait for it to be released then you wait a week or so for them to find and patch the bugs. I'm pretty sure I'll be waiting until they are all out before I fire it up. I don't want to forget how things were going or just get disinterested/distracted between episodes and never come back.

#30 Posted by leftie68 (215 posts) -

It was a great idea for them to offer it up as the Playstation Plus free game this month. I gobbled up the first two episodes, and now I am willing to lay down my cold hard cash for the remaining 3.

#31 Posted by TheHT (11786 posts) -

@leftie68: Got 50 in my PSN wallet ready to get the remaining 3 episodes as they're released. I was gonna buy the Season Pass, but only had 10 bucks in my PSN wallet at the time. Almost caved and bought the first two episodes, but went with Malicious instead.

The next day I read about episodes 1 and 2 coming to PS+ for free, so I'll ultimately only have to spend 15 bucks on the whole thing. Got lucky there. And the first two episodes alone are easily worth the full 20 bucks! Kinda want to get Sound Shapes too.

#32 Edited by believer258 (12190 posts) -

I read about halfway down the first page before realizing that this is not, in fact, about that Episode 3.

#33 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

I was with you until you dissed Southern people for no reason.

#34 Edited by SuperSambo (2885 posts) -

@Lukeweizer said:

What's the difference between buying them all on Steam and pre-ordering a game with no release date?

You get a discount on the games, and there is a rough guideline of one every month, so there is quite a bit different.

Apparently episode 3 is coming out on the 31st (Garry Whitta's Twitter).

#35 Posted by NickL (2247 posts) -

@Lukeweizer said:

They said there would be one a month originally. Very different situation from pre-ordering a game with no release date but nice try.

#36 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

@SuperSambo said:

@Lukeweizer said:

You get a discount on the games, and there is a rough guideline of one every month, so there is quite a bit different.

So I have to wait until a week into September because, for some reason, everybody has to wait for the 360 version to come out and then get it a week later.

#37 Posted by SuperSambo (2885 posts) -

@Terramagi said:

@SuperSambo said:

@Lukeweizer said:

So I have to wait until a week into September because, for some reason, everybody has to wait for the 360 version to come out and then get it a week later.

Are you complaining about waiting a week or about having to wait until September when you could be playing it now?

If the later, they are still recording ep4 dialogue, so that isn't the case.

If the former does it really matter that you have to wait a solitary week?

#38 Posted by Dad_Is_A_Zombie (1212 posts) -

I bought the season for $15 during the Steam summer sale so that kind of nullifies my ability to complain. Still want episode 3 though...

#39 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

@SuperSambo said:

@Terramagi said:

@SuperSambo said:

@Lukeweizer said:

Are you complaining about waiting a week or about having to wait until September when you could be playing it now?

If the later, they are still recording ep4 dialogue, so that isn't the case.

If the former does it really matter that you have to wait a solitary week?

Former, and it does matter - to me, at least.

The game is already done. The fact that everybody has to wait for Microsoft's cert, even if they aren't playing it on that archaic piece of hardware, just to get the game LATER than 360 players, is aggravating. It's not an isolated occurance either - remember the expansions for the Fallout games being on a 4 month exclusivity timer?

#40 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -
@Still_I_Cry

I was with you until you dissed Southern people for no reason.

It's unfortunate but the Confederate flags flying around paint a picture of great ignorance. Of course not everyone in the South is a nutjob but the nutjobs are always the loudest of any group.
#41 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre: You do realize that the civil war was actually the South fighting for their States' Rights, I hope. As such, the Confederate flag symbolizes that, not slavery or whatever bullshit you think it symbolizes. Nutjob for flying a Confederate flag? Really.

#42 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -
@Still_I_Cry

@MariachiMacabre: You do realize that the civil war was actually the South fighting for their States' Rights, I hope. As such, the Confederate flag symbolizes that, not slavery or whatever bullshit you think it symbolizes. Nutjob for flying a Confederate flag? Really.

I'm a history major so of course I do. I also realize neither Robert E. Lee nor Jefferson Davis were for slavery in any capacity. That does not remove the stigmas attached to the Confederate flag nor does it negate the fact that groups like the KKK don't use it to symbolize states rights they use it to symbolize their forms of oppression and hate. Many who fly the confederate flag aren't nutjobs but in some people eyes the few that are nutjobs spoil the bunch and view the flying of the flag as a form of hate speech. But I suppose if you want to flip out more that's fine too. I was simply attempting to explain the misconception.
#43 Edited by Jazzycola (658 posts) -

@Still_I_Cry said:

Sure it was over States rights, but what right did they choose to secede over? Oh that's right the right to have slaves. It's one thing to be proud of a person's culture, it's another to be proud of one of the worst moment in US history.

#44 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -
@Jazzycola

@Still_I_Cry said:

Sure it was over States rights, but what right did they choose to secede over? Oh that's right the right to have slaves. It's one thing to be proud of a person's culture, it's another to be proud of one of the worst moment in US history.

Yep.
#45 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Still_I_Cry

I'm a history major so of course I do. I also realize neither Robert E. Lee nor Jefferson Davis were for slavery in any capacity. That does not remove the stigmas attached to the Confederate flag nor does it negate the fact that groups like the KKK don't use it to symbolize states rights they use it to symbolize their forms of oppression and hate. Many who fly the confederate flag aren't nutjobs but in some people eyes the few that are nutjobs spoil the bunch and view the flying of the flag as a form of hate speech. But I suppose if you want to flip out more that's fine too. I was simply attempting to explain the misconception.

At the risk of invoking Godwin's Law, the swatstika suffered the same fate thaks to the Nazis. It originally had a much more benevolent meaning, but once the Nazi Party used it as their symbol, it gained a newer, more popular meaning. It became an icon of the worst kind of hate.

#46 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Still_I_Cry

At the risk of invoking Godwin's Law, the swatstika suffered the same fate thaks to the Nazis. It originally had a much more benevolent meaning, but once the Nazi Party used it as their symbol, it gained a newer, more popular meaning. It became an icon of the worst kind of hate.

The Nazis reversed the symbol.

Lot of good that little factoid does, mind.

#47 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@Terramagi said:

@Hailinel said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Still_I_Cry

The Nazis reversed the symbol.

Lot of good that little factoid does, mind.

If you're referring to the Manji, that is a different symbol. The Manji and Swastika are two different things.

#48 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

Oh, it's out on PSN first.

This is unexpected.

But still wrong.

#49 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

@Jazzycola: Give me a break. There was far, far more to it than just "hey we want to own slaves" as that privilege was reserved for the richer Southerners. Many were subsistence farmers, and by many, I mean, the vast majority, meaning, they didn't own slaves, they had to live off the land in order to survive, meaning they weren't selling their crops in large portions, they were farming, without slaves, in order to stay alive.

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Still_I_Cry

But the problem is, the people flying the flag fly it in order to symbolize their rights, not slavery. Let me ask you, I am sure you argue that not ALL muslims are suicide bombers, right? Just because a few blew themselves up doesn't mean we should assume they all will. To a vast, vast majority of the South, those flags symbolize far far different things, not slavery. So, really, they have a right to fly the flag, just because people in the North are ingrates and don't understand history, instead, running to cry racism and call Southerners bigots and slave owners, doesn't mean that is why they fly the flag. "Groups like the KKK don't use it to symbolize states rights they use it to symbolize their forms of oppression and hate" Yeah? Groups like the Taliban and Al Quaeda use the Quran to symbolize violence and oppression of women, are you going to say that the Muslims' holy book is also a symbol of such because a select group of people said so? No, I am sure you wouldn't.

@Hailinel: Except the Nazis used it to symbolize that hatred, many in the South at the time of the war were not and still do not associate the flag with slavery and oppression of certain ethnicities. They also didn't try to take over the world (Southerners) and force others to believe what they did, Lincoln instigated the war instead of letting slavery die a natural death like he originally planned, which resulted in retaliation from the South and the subsequent war.

#50 Posted by leinad44 (537 posts) -

WTF happened to this thread!?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.