So...Apparently the Press Already Have Episode 5...

• 76 results
#1 Edited by Chaser324 (6741 posts) -

People from Telltale and the video game media have started voicing their reactions to the conclusion of season one of The Walking Dead. I hope these guys will be kind and keep their talking to a minimum as to not spoil anything, but maybe I should go into a full-on media blackout just to be sure (Greg Miller's comment below is one of the first and already a bit too spoilery for my taste).

Here are some reactions. May we all be filled with envy and a jealous rage:

Ryan Davis:

Hey garywhitta ja2ke vanaman, thanks for dry-firing a pistol into my fucking SOUL

Greg Miller (IGN):

Beat an unreleased game last night. Wish I could buy stock in the song that plays during the credits, because it is about to blow up.

Justin McElroy:

What. In. All. The. Fucks.
I honestly don't know ifsydneemcelroy is gonna recover. Can you write a happy epilogue I can DLC?

Ryan McCaffrey (IGN):

lynchtacular telltalegames garywhitta As I told MitchyD last night, my jaw just hung & I sat in stunned silence after it ended. Amazing.
Some of my reactions last night while playing telltalegamesstunning Walking Dead Ep5 last night: OH MY GOD. NO. THAT DID NOT JUST HAPPEN.
I wonder if telltalegames ever dreamed about winning overall Game of the Year awards. Because it's probably about to happen w/ Walking Dead

Phillip Kollar:

I don't think I've ever had as powerful a reaction to a video game as I had just now. Holy shit.

Mitch Dyer:

Looks like telltalegames doesn't mind us talking about it: Walking Dead is beautiful from strong start to the unbelievable end <3
#2 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

That's weird. If the game is finished why not put it out for the people who helped fund its development by buying it before it was out. I was under the assumption that they put out their episodes as soon as they're ready... at least on platforms that don't have an ultra rigorous QA procedure.

At least I can buy it now. I was holding off because I knew I would want to play it "cover to cover," and waiting a month or so between episodes would screw up the flow. At least that's how it was during Back to the Future.

#3 Edited by Chaser324 (6741 posts) -

@MrKlorox: My assumption is that they're trying to stick with simultaneously releasing across all platforms (probably held up by a certain platform with an "ultra rigorous QA procedure"). I'm betting the release is probably still a few weeks out for us.

Telltale maybe just wanted to make sure that the press had it as soon as possible to guarantee consideration for end of the year awards.

#4 Posted by Redbullet685 (6083 posts) -

I AM SO FUCKING READY FOR EPISODE 5! And this must mean that it should be really coming soon then. Maybe next week? One can hope.

#5 Edited by BeachThunder (12403 posts) -

I really wish they would release the PC version as soon as it's done; they used to do that :(

#6 Posted by Kerned (1169 posts) -

Well fuck, now my hopes are up for an 11/13 release. Please oh please oh please!!

#7 Edited by amlabella (331 posts) -

Well from here on out I'm in blackout mode for episode 5 until I play it, but thanks for gathering those reactions. I was already excited but now I really can't wait. I can only imagine how depressing things get in the finale...

#8 Posted by gaminghooligan (1483 posts) -

This just made me smile, so happy for Gary and all the guys at Telltale Games, can't wait to play it but it seems like it's going to be a great one.

#9 Edited by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Fuck yes. I'm so ready for the torture that is episode 5 and all the horrible decisions that I'll have to make.

#10 Posted by Chaser324 (6741 posts) -

@gaminghooligan: Yeah, it's a hell of a rebound for Telltale coming off of Jurassic Park. I can't wait to see how episode five ends and how quickly I start craving the now inevitable season two.

#11 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

I'd be excited and everything if episode 4 wasn't spoiled for me in the comments of one of the mailbag videos! Weeeeeeee.

#12 Posted by Chaser324 (6741 posts) -

@Cloudenvy: Yeah, I haven't really had anything spoiled about any previous episodes, so I'm worried my luck might run out with this one. As you can tell by the spoiler tag in the first post, I've already had a minor thing spoiled that probably would've been more special if I didn't know about it.

#13 Edited by mylifeforAiur (3489 posts) -
#14 Posted by Yummylee (22518 posts) -

My body is ready! My mental state, however...

#15 Edited by Chaser324 (6741 posts) -

@mylifeforAiur: Damn it! I just totally clicked that spoiler tag. My willpower is so low right now (maybe because I'm rolling on so little sleep at the moment).

This thing is definitely getting spoiled for me at some point.

#16 Posted by MB (13089 posts) -

@Chaser324 said:

This thing is definitely getting spoiled for me at some point.

Dude, tell me about it...I'm afraid that's going to happen to me. I'm catching up on the previous episodes right now and am going to play Ep. 5 as soon as it is available, and will probably sequester myself from Giant Bomb until I get through it.

Someone is going to put a giant spoiler for the end of Ep. 5 in a thread title, I just know it. Or PM it to me...yeah...that happened before. I'll post a reminder about spoilers in general pretty soon, maybe that will help.

#17 Edited by Aegon (5821 posts) -

So Clementine becomes a walker and you have to shoot her?..or maybe you lose your gun and have to smash her face in.

Also, how do you dry-fire something into something else? ESPECIALLY if that something else is intangible?

Also Also, all of this makes it seem like Walking Dead could be a serious GotY contender for a lot of sites/publications.

#18 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

You become a walker and have to be put down by Clementines kidnapper after he has been lungshot and then dies of his injuries.

The game fades to black with Clementine crying over his corpse trying to get anything from her walkie talkie. The screen fades and the walkie static slowly dies out.

#19 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

I made all that up don't shoot me

#20 Posted by Chaser324 (6741 posts) -

@MB: Unfortunately, you're a mod, so you have to be on the front line and take those spoiler bullets so that we don't have to. Sorry about that, but the rest of us do appreciate it.

#21 Posted by AndrewB (7689 posts) -

If it's in that ready a state right now, just give it to me fucking NOW. I want to play it so very badly. It's not like I haven't put up with buggy episodes before!

You already have my money, Telltale!

#22 Posted by Bollard (5836 posts) -

Are they going to release a (cheaper) bundle of all 5 episodes? I haven't played any of them but the critical reception makes me wanna run through em all.

#23 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1481 posts) -

Hopefully they surprise release it this week, havent they been announcing the release date only days before it comes out anyway?

#24 Posted by Chaser324 (6741 posts) -

@thebunnyhunter: They announced the release date of episode four literally 1-2 days before release, so there is precedence for a possible Monday announcement of a Tuesday/Wednesday release.

#25 Posted by AndrewB (7689 posts) -

@Chaser324: You do realize that now I'm going to hate you if it doesn't happen... :(

#26 Posted by GS_Dan (1397 posts) -

@Chavtheworld said:

Are they going to release a (cheaper) bundle of all 5 episodes? I haven't played any of them but the critical reception makes me wanna run through em all.

They tend to go on sale for roughly a tenner for all 5 episodes on Steam, well worth it

#27 Posted by Bollard (5836 posts) -

@GS_Dan said:

@Chavtheworld said:

They tend to go on sale for roughly a tenner for all 5 episodes on Steam, well worth it

Sold.

#28 Posted by Chaser324 (6741 posts) -

@Chavtheworld: I'm sure at some point during the Steam Winter Sale they'll probably be selling every Telltale game ever made, including The Walking Dead, for about $20.

#29 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Man. I grabbed the episodes in the recent Steam Halloween sale and it's one of the best things I've played in years. If ep. 5's more depressing than ep. 3 (which it sounds like it will be), well, I'll experience manly tears to the max. Hope it's out soon!

#30 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Still surprises me how long the episodes are for 400 MS points. They could easily have made it 10 episodes that last half as long, glad they didn't be dicks.

#31 Posted by FrankieSpankie (228 posts) -

Oh man please please please come out this Tuesday on PC!! I'd love to end my staycation by finishing this game!

#32 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

I need it. :(

#33 Posted by htr10 (351 posts) -

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

I made all that up don't shoot me

If that ends up being true, you are probably going to get a lot of crap.

#34 Posted by Ramone (2976 posts) -

GOD FUCK SHIT I NEED TO PLAY THIS RIGHT NOW

#35 Posted by StarvingGamer (8550 posts) -

@Chavtheworld said:

@GS_Dan said:

@Chavtheworld said:

Sold.

Yeah, I picked it up during one of the Steam Summer(?) sales for $14.99 so I'm sure it will crop up again for the same price during the holidays.

#36 Posted by Milkman (17311 posts) -

Have they announced a release date? I'm fucking dying here.

#37 Posted by Encephalon (1331 posts) -

I am ready for a pistol to be dry-fired into my fucking soul!

#38 Posted by laserbolts (5365 posts) -

Just finished episode 4 yesterday and I can't wait to see how all this ends. Got the points waiting for it.

#39 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2730 posts) -

@Milkman:

fyi: ep 5 is coming out super soon -- should have the hard date this week

— Sean Vanaman (@vanaman) November 11, 2012
#40 Posted by RockinKemosabe (619 posts) -

I hope it is Friday.

#41 Posted by kishinfoulux (2506 posts) -

Honestly reading all the Twitter crap for the game yesterday was fucking annoying me, because you can infer spoilers from some of that stuff. They need to shut the fuck up and stick to private chats. Incredibly inconsiderate.

#42 Posted by JasonR86 (9724 posts) -

@kishinfoulux said:

Honestly reading all the Twitter crap for the game yesterday was fucking annoying me, because you can infer spoilers from some of that stuff. They need to shut the fuck up and stick to private chats. Incredibly inconsiderate.

Don't read them then.

#43 Posted by Choffy (444 posts) -

@kishinfoulux said:

How is it a spoiler? Saying "wow, that was great and depressing!" is shocking to you? There's no way things go well for anyone in Episode 5. At all.

#44 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

IT WAS ALL DUCK'S DREAM

#45 Posted by Nightriff (5334 posts) -

Alright I'm ready, I was disappointed in 4, hopefully it set up 5 perfectly, also hope they continue releasing it on PS3 first that way I can't have it ruined for me as I will play it right away.

#46 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -

Seriously, telltale, just give me the fucking game already.....

#47 Posted by nasseh (83 posts) -

My tear ducts are already soaked and ready to overflow, standing by.

#48 Posted by Scotto (1220 posts) -

@kishinfoulux said:

Spoiler Alert: Episode 5 doesn't end with all of them going for brunch, Lee curing the zombie outbreak, and Clementine getting admitted to Harvard.

#49 Posted by laserbolts (5365 posts) -

Wait people cry playing these games?

#50 Posted by Coafi (1494 posts) -

Just today I was thinking about episode 5, I knew it was around the corner! I have psychic powers!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.