Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

So...Apparently the Press Already Have Episode 5...

• 76 results
    MysteriousFawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By MysteriousFawx

@laserbolts said:

Wait people cry playing these games?

I swear at my pc....quite a lot. But I've not cried yet, ep 5 could change that however.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By JasonR86

@MysteriousFawx said:

@laserbolts said:

Wait people cry playing these games?

I swear at my pc....quite a lot. But I've not cried yet, ep 5 could change that however.

It won't. I can smell hyperbole in these tweets.

solidwolf52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#53  Edited By solidwolf52

My guess is this Wednesday or the next.

I'm almost not looking forward to it. Knowing how things stood at the end of 4 there is no way there can be a happy ending.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By JasonR86

@solidwolf52 said:

My guess is this Wednesday or the next.

I'm almost not looking forward to it. Knowing how things stood at the end of 4 there is no way there can be a happy ending.

Oh God no. The ending even at its best will be fucked.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By kishinfoulux

@JasonR86 said:

@kishinfoulux said:

Honestly reading all the Twitter crap for the game yesterday was fucking annoying me, because you can infer spoilers from some of that stuff. They need to shut the fuck up and stick to private chats. Incredibly inconsiderate.

Don't read them then.

I can't exactly control what comes up on my timeline ya know?

@Choffy said:

@kishinfoulux said:

Honestly reading all the Twitter crap for the game yesterday was fucking annoying me, because you can infer spoilers from some of that stuff. They need to shut the fuck up and stick to private chats. Incredibly inconsiderate.

How is it a spoiler? Saying "wow, that was great and depressing!" is shocking to you? There's no way things go well for anyone in Episode 5. At all.

Like I said it infers things. Saying stuff like "I can't believe that happened zomg!!??" makes me expect things I may not have normally. And how do you know that? Game could have had a super, sugar coated rainbow ending. Obviously not likely, but who knows?

@Scotto said:

@kishinfoulux said:

Spoiler Alert: Episode 5 doesn't end with all of them going for brunch, Lee curing the zombie outbreak, and Clementine getting admitted to Harvard.

Again they could've had those discussions in private. I'm super guarded about spoilers. I want to go in with a clean slate and don't want anything to be influenced by dumb comments.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By JasonR86

@kishinfoulux said:

@JasonR86 said:

@kishinfoulux said:

Don't read them then.

I can't exactly control what comes up on my timeline ya know?

@Choffy said:

@kishinfoulux said:

How is it a spoiler? Saying "wow, that was great and depressing!" is shocking to you? There's no way things go well for anyone in Episode 5. At all.

Like I said it infers things. Saying stuff like "I can't believe that happened zomg!!??" makes me expect things I may not have normally. And how do you know that? Game could have had a super, sugar coated rainbow ending. Obviously not likely, but who knows?

@Scotto said:

@kishinfoulux said:

Spoiler Alert: Episode 5 doesn't end with all of them going for brunch, Lee curing the zombie outbreak, and Clementine getting admitted to Harvard.

Again they could've had those discussions in private. I'm super guarded about spoilers. I want to go in with a clean slate and don't want anything to be influenced by dumb comments.

I guess but I imagine that when you play the game you'll forget all about what you think was spoiled.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By pyrodactyl

Really liked the
    "What. In. All. The. Fucks"
    comment by justin mcelroy.
    Those retweets are getting annoying though.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#58  Edited By jakob187

I picked up Walking Dead on the Steam Halloween Sale. Played through it over the course of the last week. Fuck, that "game" is good. I am hesitant to call it a game necessarily, as I feel I'm just watching a really damn good movie that is lasting upwards of 15 hours or so. Nonetheless, it's definitely on my Best Of list this year.

In other news, Telltale shit is 80% off over at GOG.com. Soooo...yeah. Back to the Future for $4.99 and Tales of Monkey Island for $6.99.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By joshthebear

SPOILERZ: You'll make really fucked up choices and everything will be super depressing.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By MariachiMacabre

So judging by the fact that the choices video is up for Episode 4, 5 should be this week right? Hopefully?

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#61  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I hope it comes out soon. I want to dive in and play 2-5.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
    ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

I really hope this last episode comes out before the disc release.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#63  Edited By kerse

One of these days I'm gonna actually play this, I bought it during the summer steam sale and haven't even booted it up.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64  Edited By AuthenticM

I seriously doubt the game will move me as much as MGS4 did, but we'll see.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Nottle

I hope this isn't just everyone else getting hyped. For me Episode 2 and 3 were the highlights of this series. Everyone was calling Gary "a monster" for writing 4 even though I felt like it didn't really have that much bite to it compared 3.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Mrsignerman44

Funny, I was thinking about episode 5 today and completely accepted it probably being released at the same time as the disc release. Looks like it's media blackout time.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#67  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@ChadMasterFlash said:

I really hope this last episode comes out before the disc release.

I don't think the disc release is until December, and Telltale verified a November release a few days ago:

We'll have a Nov release date to announce VERY soon for the season finale of TheWalkingDead. Sit tight, and catch up now!
    Choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Choffy
    @kishinfoulux Science says you'll enjoy it more if things are spoiled. But still, I don't see how this is spoiler material. After what happens at the end of Episode 4, a lot can be inferred/assumed on how things will end.
    myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69  Edited By myke_tuna

Hopefully they release it before Thanksgiving. Playing something so depressing (inferring this from those tweets) would definitely make everyone try and enjoy their time with family that much more. Telltale is doing the public a service.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#70  Edited By Rafaelfc

the only annoying thing about all the tweeting is that I can't just play episode 5 right now, and that saddens me.

other than that, great to see people talking about the walking dead.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

The ending seems pretty inevitable to me, ever since Episode 2 or so. Lee (Episode 4 ending thing) wasn't an OHHH SHIT moment, it was "of course he did". I'm not worried about spoilers; I think if it's going to be impact up it'll be because of writing and presentation, not just KABLOW twist.

The only real twist in the series was halfway through 3.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#72  Edited By AndrewB

The good news is that I was (probably) waaaaaayy off with my prediction of early-mid December for the downloadable release date. I honestly figured it would be launched alongside the retail release and even then be pushed back a week to make sure everything went smoothly.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By LikeaSsur

Thanks for the heads up, OP. Time for me to go live under a rock for the next few weeks, because I won't even chance getting spoiled on this.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@AndrewB: Still no official word from Telltale. If it isn't released this week, my assumption is that it will be out the last week of November.

DaMaJaDiZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By DaMaJaDiZ

I've been holding off on playing Episode 3 & 4 until I have 5 downloaded and ready to go. I want the rest of the experience all in one big shebang.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@rebgav: Maybe. I guess I'll delete that post.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.