Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Spike's VGA GOTY

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#201  Edited By TheHT

@bushpusherr said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Sooty said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Sooty said:

Not really deserved. It's a good example of interactive storytelling, as a game, where interaction is the whole point, it becomes a chore to play very quickly. I didn't enjoy any of the interaction after episode 2, I was so sick of it. (excluding the player choices)

and this is from someone who really enjoyed it.

"I didn't enjoy any of the interaction after episode 2........and this is from someone who really enjoyed it" Uh What?

because I enjoyed the story, I didn't enjoy any of the game parts - of which there were few. If we are calling it an adventure game then it's a pretty poor one.

Yeah it pretty much made it's own genre, not really any puzzles to it.

Made up it's own genre? I absolutely agree.

Not a genre of video games though, a genre of media. "Interactive Visual Novel" seems to fit quite well.

@bushpusherr said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

What if you played Mass Effect 3 with the mode that takes out combat, would that not make it a game?

If that was the ONLY way you could play it, and it wasn't an option? Then your argument makes some sense.

I don't even know what that played like it terms of how much control it took away though, because I would never turn that mode on. You know, because I like to play video games.

@bushpusherr said:

@TheHT said:

@bushpusherr said:

Not a genre of video games though, a genre of media. "Interactive Visual Novel" seems to fit quite well.

visual novel is a subgenre of adventure games which is obviously a genre of video games. and the walking dead plays nothing like visual novels.

I always thought it was just an interchangable term with graphic novel. I see now what it is. I would just adjust my definition to "Animated Visual Novel"

The parts where it differs from a visual novel are the worst and most unnecessary parts of it though. i don't need to walk Lee around. I don't need the action sequences.

The underlined parts are all that I'm responding to. That denial that it's a video game and instead a visual novel prompted my first response where I told you that visual novels are in fact a video game subgenre and that Walking Dead doesn't play like a visual novel anyways.

But then you responded saying you would adjust your definition (of what I assumed was your definition for the non-video game genre the Walking Dead you believe belonged to) and also wrote what seemed to be a justification for that definition. And that prompted my second response about whatever the fuck I said.

My conclusion to you being that it's still a video game, and not of the visual novel variety. See where I'm coming from?

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#202  Edited By bushpusherr

@TheHT said: I've been in like 3 different threads having just about the same conversation with a variety of different people, it's hard to keep any of that shit straight anymore, who I've said what to and where lol.

I see where that's coming from, my initial point was just trying to come up with another way to describe that the best parts of TWD experience didn't have be tied to a video game, and the most important parts of it aren't really unique to video games. Not that it didn't have ANY link to them. I think even in a way earlier part of this thread I addressed exactly that.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#203  Edited By TheHT

@bushpusherr: Ah, I see. Well that's fair.

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#204  Edited By wmoyer83

Madden 13 did not win??? FUCK

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8d1874be961
    deactivated-5d8d1874be961

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I didn't see or hear about the VGAs until like 10 minutes ago. And was utterly surprised that TWD got the GOTY award. Bravo Telltale. Bravo.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#206  Edited By TheHBK

Not even close to my GOTY. But whatevs, the VGAs are retarded for doing those character awards and having characters from the games give speeches. Fucking stupid and creepy.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#207  Edited By jerseyscum

A point and click adventure games made by a non AAA developer won GOTY. At the goddamn VGA's. On the fucking same network/cesspool that airs Manswers. Ok. This is an elaborate hoax right?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.