[SPOILER] discussion for episode 1

#1 Edited by sub_o (913 posts) -
#2 Posted by BeachThunder (12399 posts) -

@sub_o said:

While on the farm

Is there any difference between saving Shawn and Duck ? I saved Duck, thus we all got chased out by Hershel

Regarding when you're almost getting out of the pharmacy

Did Larry just shove you to the floor ? I sided with Kenny, so it's expected for him to be angry with me. But what happened to those who sided with Larry ?

I did the opposite of what you did and I got chased out and punched too...

I'm going to assume the main choice in the episode is Carley vs. Doug.

#3 Edited by Ehker (235 posts) -

I also did opposite, but wasn't punched and was thanked before chased out. The punch probably depends on what you say after the rescue.

Would like to replay and see the alternatives, but a bit difficult to remember all the little choices made last time.

#4 Posted by BeachThunder (12399 posts) -

@Ehker said:

I also did opposite, but wasn't punched and was thanked before chased out. The punch probably depends on what you say after the rescue.

Would like to replay and see the alternatives, but a bit difficult to remember all the little choices made last time.

Ah, interesting. I didn't intend on being pro-Larry, but the stats screen said I was, so perhaps the stats-screen messed up somehow =/

#5 Edited by Mr_JPeps (167 posts) -

Picking Duck or Shawn results in the same outcome. I picked Carly over Doug as I though gun skills and not knowing what battery's are, was more important then knowing how to program remotes and yelling at me during a sneaking mission. I was punched in the face and left for dead by the dude i got pills for and i was a little let down i couldn't either whoop his ass after that, or at least talk some sense into him, instead he tells me to leave his ugly ass daughter alone and threatens me some more. Carly is the one my Lee has his eyes on though, any girl dumb enough to not know how a radio works is dumb enough to sleep with a man accused of murder, right? =] Anywho, i am really surprised how much i like Clem, most kids in games are annoying, or creepy, or just shitty, but i'm attached to Clem for some reason i cant explain, i want for her to be safe and to be OK, that's new to me! i'm really digging the game and already cant wait for the 2nd episode. Great Job Telltale!

#6 Posted by betusblues (40 posts) -

I knew Shawn would end up a walker from reading the comics so I went with the kid assuming Kenny would be with me long term. The decision between Doug and Carly tripped me up and the limited amount of time it gives you really makes it feel like your making split second decision on the fly. Overall I loved it and cant wait till episode 2!

#7 Posted by senorfuzzeh (385 posts) -

Just beat it, Sided with larry and got smacked in the mouth, and even when I tried to save shawn he still dies and kenny still likes you.

And I didn't really think Doug would be all that helpful since Carlys good with the gun, but then I remembered she doesn't even know how to put batteries in a radio and Doug was actually pretty smart. Now I wonder if I made the right choice :S

Glad I had high hopes from the beginning now I just have to freaking wait till the next one. Thats probably my only complaint lol.

#8 Posted by jozzy (2035 posts) -

Can you actually fix the radio, I only found one battery. Does it do anything interesting?

#9 Posted by senorfuzzeh (385 posts) -
#10 Edited by Jackel2072 (2279 posts) -

so question, what happens if you pick Doug i wonder? i knew he was most likely going to get it, he just seemed like the type to die. but doesn't mean i didnt like the man!  

Edit.  

here is a guy on you tube who is showing all the different outcomes for the game 

in this case you will see what happens if you save Doug  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2-ZcnHqgBo

#11 Posted by sub_o (913 posts) -

@senorfuzzeh said:

Just beat it, Sided with larry and got smacked in the mouth, and even when I tried to save shawn he still dies and kenny still likes you.

And I didn't really think Doug would be all that helpful since Carlys good with the gun, but then I remembered she doesn't even know how to put batteries in a radio and Doug was actually pretty smart. Now I wonder if I made the right choice :S

Glad I had high hopes from the beginning now I just have to freaking wait till the next one. Thats probably my only complaint lol.

I totally forgot about the battery incident. I chose Carly, because I thought that she had a gun, and she could use it to save Doug. But then a horde of zombies just charged towards her ...

#12 Posted by BeachThunder (12399 posts) -

@jozzy said:

Can you actually fix the radio, I only found one battery. Does it do anything interesting?

I hated looking for the batteries. I initially had selectables turned off, so it took me ages to find them =\

#13 Posted by CollegeGuyMike (392 posts) -

I thought it was really good. I like celm, and the preview accounting for your choices ( Or at the very least, it seems like it does? ) is a neat way to personalize the next episode before it's even out. I sided with doug, though, because man it's the apocalypse. My Lee doesn't need need to deal with blackmailers! She was gonna totally rat me out man! And now Larry's on my list...

Is anyone else, though, experiencing this thing kind of like with L.A. Noire where options seem like they should read off fine, but Lee always comes off as kind of a dick? Or the other characters take it that way.. I had a lot of "What?! No! Don't say it like that! Ahhh!" moments.

#14 Posted by hbkdx12 (779 posts) -

Really like the game so far. Great story driven content. 

I was particular impressed how they don't hold your hand or force feed you all the story related stuff 

For example

Good stuff. Can't wait till the next part.
#15 Posted by Silver-Streak (1382 posts) -

I am exceedingly frustrated that the only choice I really want to make: Taking away everyone's blackmail material by having Lee come clean about his past, is not available as an option.

That being said, I"m loving everything else.

#16 Edited by OneManX (1693 posts) -

Yeah, I kinda didnt care how everyone thought of me, b/c IIRC doesn't Lee kinda admit he did some bad things to someone else to Clem? Like something along the lines that, "I had to hurt someone".

The reporter knowing my secret almost bought her a ticket to zombieland, but Doug... Doug... needed to go. Also FUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!! Larry.

Edited for better wording.

#17 Edited by Nightriff (5328 posts) -

Can one tell me how to be honest in the beginning? I thought I was picking the right dialogue choices to do so and it said I lied, I don't get it, I told them I was with a cop obviously I did something wrong if a cop is giving me a ride

@Eujin said:

I am exceedingly frustrated that the only choice I really want to make: Taking away everyone's blackmail material by having Lee come clean about his past, is not available as an option.

That being said, I"m loving everything else.

I wanted that too and some how I went the complete other direction in lying to everyone, only complaint about episode 1 I really have, can't wait for the next one

#18 Posted by deadmoscow (268 posts) -

I will throw Larry under the bus the first chance I get. He wanted to kill Duck, and even after Lee risked his life to get those pills (not to mention being forced to put down his brother), Larry still tried to throw him to the zombies. I thought Carly had, by far, the better perspective on the issue: yeah, Lee might be accused of some bad things, but he's clearly showing some strength of character here, and is worth trusting. That's also one of the reasons I saved her in the end, Doug just seemed like a wimp with no personality or backbone.

Besides that, I think the game has shown fantastic restraint in its exposition - I feel like any other game could have been really, really hamfisted and dumb with Lee's brother and how you had to deal with him. Cannot wait for the next episode.

#19 Posted by Sarumarine (2303 posts) -

Larry seems to be the designated asshole survivor. I realized that pretty early, but getting punched in the face after getting him those pills still pisses me off. I can't imagine what it's like to get on his good side. I'd rather feed him to the zombies now.

I hope that's him under the ax in the second episode preview, although probably not.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.