*SPOILERS ep 3* Are people prepared for the final episode...

  • 57 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by golguin (3870 posts) -

Ending with the death of Clem, Lee, or both of them? Telltale has already shown they have the balls to kill off the majority of the cast so how big would it be for everyone to die? I'm trying to think of a game that's killed off their entire cast and nothing comes to mind (RPG like planet exploding doesn't count).

#2 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

I am not only mentally prepared to watch Clem and Lee die, but I'm fully prepared to be the one to have to perform a QTE to do it.

#3 Posted by bkbroiler (1619 posts) -

I could take Lee dying, though I'd be really bummed because I'd love to play as him in a Season 2 of the game. I don't think I could handle Clem dying, or her leaving Lee for her parents or something.

#4 Posted by cbarnes86 (555 posts) -

If Clem dies, I'm gonna have to choke a bitch.

#5 Posted by AndrewB (7568 posts) -
#6 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -

@AndrewB said:

Lee is going to die and you'll finish the game as Clementine.

You heard it here first!

Yes that's right, you have to use Clementine's new found pistol abilities to shoot Lee and save him from being eaten by zombies.

Gun smoke, rain drops mixed with tears, fade to black and credits.

#7 Posted by pyrodactyl (1963 posts) -

season 2 is already anounced soooo lee and clem are going to be ok...... probably

#8 Posted by bkbroiler (1619 posts) -

@mubress said:

@AndrewB said:

Lee is going to die and you'll finish the game as Clementine.

You heard it here first!

Yes that's right, you have to use Clementine's new found pistol abilities to shoot Lee and save him from being eaten by zombies.

Gun smoke, rain drops mixed with tears, fade to black and credits.

And then you have a duel with the zombie who killed Lee! And you don't really understand how the dueling mechanics work, so you just spam the button and win. And THE WALKING DEAD splashes in red over the screen.

#9 Posted by AndrewB (7568 posts) -

@bkbroiler: Spam "Q" and then hit "E". If there's anything The Walking Dead has taught me, that's how you kill zombies.

#10 Posted by laserbolts (5317 posts) -

There is already a thread for discussing the latest episode. This one is my favorite episode so far.

#11 Posted by laserbolts (5317 posts) -

Sorry probably should have actually read this.

#12 Posted by ShaggE (6403 posts) -

Lee has to survive, because somebody's going to need to be the voiceover guy for post-zombie Hulu.

(three episodes deep, and I still can't hear Lee without expecting him to tell me which advertiser made my streaming experience possible)

#13 Posted by SpartanHoplite (384 posts) -

2 more to go, & then s2 for 2013, cool. i enjoy very much of watching these on youtube. just hope this season ends all of the current storylines.

#14 Posted by OneAndOnlyBigE (438 posts) -

Lee gets bitten and turns. You play the last moments of the game as Zombie Lee and the final decision you must make is whether or not you can bring yourself to eat Clementine.

#15 Posted by papercut (3467 posts) -

@pyrodactyl said:

season 2 is already anounced soooo lee and clem are going to be ok...... probably

Maybe, Maybe not. It could star just one of them. Or none. Could be a whole new group of people.

#16 Posted by YI_Orange (1141 posts) -

Something bad is definitely going to happen to at least one of them. After killing Carley(or Doug for some of you) I really don't care who else dies, unless it's one of them. And judging by the reaction I've seen, that's pretty much the only way killing Carley is going to be topped in terms of emotional response.

#17 Posted by Smokay (525 posts) -

@OneAndOnlyBigE said:

Lee gets bitten and turns. You play the last moments of the game as Zombie Lee and the final decision you must make is whether or not you can bring yourself to eat Clementine.

No. That would be most hokey they could possibly do.

#18 Posted by golguin (3870 posts) -

@papercut said:

@pyrodactyl said:

season 2 is already anounced soooo lee and clem are going to be ok...... probably

Maybe, Maybe not. It could star just one of them. Or none. Could be a whole new group of people.

Let's just say that season 2 of the walking dead might take the same turn as a certain tv show that "killed" its main cast and start the season with a brand new cast.

#19 Posted by papercut (3467 posts) -

@golguin: ......uh....Scrubs?

#20 Posted by StarvingGamer (8128 posts) -

I expect Lee to die and Clem to survive

I mean fuck, they already killed Duck

#21 Posted by Milkman (16621 posts) -

If Clem dies...I'm not sure I'd be able to deal with that.

#22 Posted by N7 (3580 posts) -

I'm pretty sure if you shoot Duck, Kenny decides to take it out on you later and shoots Clem in the final episode. After them killing everyone in the latest episode, I have no doubt in my mind that no matter how "buddy buddy" you are with Kenny, he's going to go off the deep end and fuck some shit up, but not in the good way.

#23 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7074 posts) -
@papercut

@pyrodactyl said:

season 2 is already anounced soooo lee and clem are going to be ok...... probably

Maybe, Maybe not. It could star just one of them. Or none. Could be a whole new group of people.

There are a lot of survival stories to tell in other areas of the world. I'd love to see a Walking Dead series set in the UK, if purely for the cool cityscapes.
#24 Posted by papercut (3467 posts) -

@Milkman said:

If Clem dies...I'm not sure I'd be able to deal with that.

If Clem just get's bit, I'm just going to have to put the controller down for a while.

#25 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -
#26 Posted by awesomeusername (4168 posts) -

For a while now, I've felt like Lee is going to die. I mean, they fucking killed Carley & Duck! I'm not prepared for such a thing. I almost cried when they were taking Duck into the woods to shoot him as Clem watched and asked what they were doing. If Clementine dies, I'll fucking cry for hours. I will pause the game and just fucking cry on my bed.

#27 Posted by Encephalon (1240 posts) -

Carly's death already had me shrieking in horror at my computer screen. I can't even imagine what I'll be reduced to if Clem gets bit.

#28 Posted by Indiana_Jenkins (387 posts) -

@ShaggE said:

Lee has to survive, because somebody's going to need to be the voiceover guy for post-zombie Hulu.

(three episodes deep, and I still can't hear Lee without expecting him to tell me which advertiser made my streaming experience possible)

Shit. Now Lee is completely broken to me (along with Hulu). It was bad enough that I kept seeing the voice actor in my head after Gary Whitta tweeted a photo of him. Now I know he's the Hulu guy.

#29 Posted by billyhoush (1192 posts) -

The whole using kids and innocence thing in video games really gets to me. Once Telltale desensitizes to violence against children will they start making more games where you can murder kids? They ushered the way...

jk

#30 Posted by golguin (3870 posts) -

@papercut said:

@golguin: ......uh....Scrubs?

It was a new series last year and it's 2nd season starts up soon. It's the type of show to watch without knowing anything about it. If you really want to know its...

American Horror Story

#31 Posted by theoldhouse (439 posts) -

I am shockingly depressed after playing the latest episode.

Clem can't die, she just can't!

#32 Posted by ShaggE (6403 posts) -

@Indiana_Jenkins said:

@ShaggE said:

Lee has to survive, because somebody's going to need to be the voiceover guy for post-zombie Hulu.

(three episodes deep, and I still can't hear Lee without expecting him to tell me which advertiser made my streaming experience possible)

Shit. Now Lee is completely broken to me (along with Hulu). It was bad enough that I kept seeing the voice actor in my head after Gary Whitta tweeted a photo of him. Now I know he's the Hulu guy.

Oh man, I looked up the VA after finishing episode 3, and I immediately wanted to undo that decision. Not at ALL what I was expecting. That hair.... holy shit.

#33 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

I can't allow Clem to die

#34 Posted by Indiana_Jenkins (387 posts) -

@ShaggE said:

@Indiana_Jenkins said:

@ShaggE said:

Lee has to survive, because somebody's going to need to be the voiceover guy for post-zombie Hulu.

(three episodes deep, and I still can't hear Lee without expecting him to tell me which advertiser made my streaming experience possible)

Shit. Now Lee is completely broken to me (along with Hulu). It was bad enough that I kept seeing the voice actor in my head after Gary Whitta tweeted a photo of him. Now I know he's the Hulu guy.

Oh man, I looked up the VA after finishing episode 3, and I immediately wanted to undo that decision. Not at ALL what I was expecting. That hair.... holy shit.

That hair is amazing. The John Romero hair of voice acting.

#35 Posted by RecSpec (3799 posts) -

I would be surprised if Lee made it to the final chapter

#36 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

@ShaggE said:

@Indiana_Jenkins said:

@ShaggE said:

Lee has to survive, because somebody's going to need to be the voiceover guy for post-zombie Hulu.

(three episodes deep, and I still can't hear Lee without expecting him to tell me which advertiser made my streaming experience possible)

Shit. Now Lee is completely broken to me (along with Hulu). It was bad enough that I kept seeing the voice actor in my head after Gary Whitta tweeted a photo of him. Now I know he's the Hulu guy.

Oh man, I looked up the VA after finishing episode 3, and I immediately wanted to undo that decision. Not at ALL what I was expecting. That hair.... holy shit.

Holy shit, I feel like he's going to take me on a spirit journey.

#37 Posted by guiseppe (2840 posts) -

I restarted the game several times to try and see if there was anything I could do to not have Carley die. I just couldn't accept it. I had no such luck though. If Clem dies... I'd just stop playing.. And paying. You hear that, Telltale?

#38 Posted by wewantsthering (1564 posts) -

@bkbroiler said:

I could take Lee dying, though I'd be really bummed because I'd love to play as him in a Season 2 of the game. I don't think I could handle Clem dying, or her leaving Lee for her parents or something.

Wouldn't they have called it season 1 if they were planning more? I wasn't aware of more seasons. I wouldn't handle Clem dying either... :-(

#39 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -

@wewantsthering said:

@bkbroiler said:

I could take Lee dying, though I'd be really bummed because I'd love to play as him in a Season 2 of the game. I don't think I could handle Clem dying, or her leaving Lee for her parents or something.

Wouldn't they have called it season 1 if they were planning more? I wasn't aware of more seasons. I wouldn't handle Clem dying either... :-(

They've stated that they will do more seasons of The Walking Dead after this one is over, possibly due to the positive response.

#40 Posted by wewantsthering (1564 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@wewantsthering said:

@bkbroiler said:

I could take Lee dying, though I'd be really bummed because I'd love to play as him in a Season 2 of the game. I don't think I could handle Clem dying, or her leaving Lee for her parents or something.

Wouldn't they have called it season 1 if they were planning more? I wasn't aware of more seasons. I wouldn't handle Clem dying either... :-(

They've stated that they will do more seasons of The Walking Dead after this one is over, possibly due to the positive response.

That's great! I just remembered that other TT games started out with season numbers from the start.

#41 Posted by Willin (1280 posts) -

@Apathylad said:

Hm.

Not sure what scenario would be more messed up:

Clem gets bitten and you have to kill her, or Lee gets bitten and you must talk Clementine into killing you.

The second suggestion not only is fucked up in a way I could see the writers going for but also bring back around all the survival training you taught her on the train.

#42 Posted by Ramone (2961 posts) -

@Terramagi said:

@ShaggE said:

@Indiana_Jenkins said:

@ShaggE said:

Lee has to survive, because somebody's going to need to be the voiceover guy for post-zombie Hulu.

(three episodes deep, and I still can't hear Lee without expecting him to tell me which advertiser made my streaming experience possible)

Shit. Now Lee is completely broken to me (along with Hulu). It was bad enough that I kept seeing the voice actor in my head after Gary Whitta tweeted a photo of him. Now I know he's the Hulu guy.

Oh man, I looked up the VA after finishing episode 3, and I immediately wanted to undo that decision. Not at ALL what I was expecting. That hair.... holy shit.

Holy shit, I feel like he's going to take me on a spirit journey.

Dat hair! That guy is one smooth motherfucker.

#43 Posted by Dagbiker (6957 posts) -

@StarvingGamer said:

I expect Lee to die and Clem to survive

I mean fuck, they already killed Duck

I want this. It would kinda be a nice just-apposition to have the Walking Dead be about a little girl. It would also be a nice ending, to everything else going to shit. Of coarse if the dream sequence was foreshadowing, then Clem will become a zombie.

#44 Posted by DonutFever (3550 posts) -
#45 Edited by CaptainAnarchy (36 posts) -

@Willin said:

@Apathylad said:

Hm.

Not sure what scenario would be more messed up:

Clem gets bitten and you have to kill her, or Lee gets bitten and you must talk Clementine into killing you.

The second suggestion not only is fucked up in a way I could see the writers going for but also bring back around all the survival training you taught her on the train.

If they do this, I will have so much respect for Tell Tale for putting that ending in.

@guiseppe: I'm glad I'm not the only one who was like what the fuck I must have done something wrong.

#46 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -

I thought the group's theory that people became walkers from getting bitten was debunked in Episode 2? That's why the Duck situation had me a bit confused when it was happening.

#47 Edited by YI_Orange (1141 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: My understanding is that getting bit will infect you with a virus that will kill you. When you die you become a zombie. So getting bit essentially means you're gonna turn into a zombie.

#48 Posted by golguin (3870 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

I thought the group's theory that people became walkers from getting bitten was debunked in Episode 2? That's why the Duck situation had me a bit confused when it was happening.

The bite just kills you because of the infection and high fever. The dying part at the end is what makes you a walker.

#49 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -

@YI_Orange: @golguin: Alright, got it, thanks. That makes a lot more sense.

#50 Posted by mrpandaman (864 posts) -

@mubress said:

@AndrewB said:

Lee is going to die and you'll finish the game as Clementine.

You heard it here first!

Yes that's right, you have to use Clementine's new found pistol abilities to shoot Lee and save him from being eaten by zombies.

Gun smoke, rain drops mixed with tears, fade to black and credits.

I want someone to say to Lee or whoever is going to die next, "shh, no tears now, only dreams."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.