Stay FAR away from the disc release

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Xeirus (1305 posts) -

@LiquidPrince said:

@Xeirus said:

@LiquidPrince said:

@Falconer said:

@yoshimitz707 said:

@Falconer said:

@Snail said:

Saying that you should pirate the game just because it's broken at release is immature.

What? So I should sit on my hands until god knows when until they fix it? That's ludicrous.

Umm, yes? What entitles you to the digital version of the game?

I bought a game under implication that it would work. It does not. I am now going to acquire a version of the game that does work. Seems fair to me.

Or you could refund the non functioning copy and then pay for a legitimate copy.

Ok, you people are being ignorant. All the money goes to the same place, lets stop acting like returning a game and purchasing elsewhere makes any different.

This thread is embarrassing.

I'm not being ignorant. I'm just not being an asshole. The OP will end up having two copies of the game, when he only paid for one. They will most likely fix or patch a majority of the issues eventually but at that point the OP will still have his legitimate copy and one that he has pirated. I don't give a rats ass if he ends up pirating it or not, because I know a ton of people who pirate things anyways. But if you're not at least going to try and do the right things before pirating the game, then that's sort of a dick move. If I were OP I would try and return the game and purchase a legitimate digital copy. IF the game store did not accept the refund then I would consider other options.

You trying to rationalize when it's ok to pirate and when it's not goes against the whole bullshit idea that you're trying to promote.

If he buys the game he is entitled to play it, if it's not working then he has the right to get a working copy from wherever he pleases. They got their money, who gives a damn where the data comes from.

#52 Edited by Lavapotamus (199 posts) -

@LiquidPrince said:

@Xeirus said:

@LiquidPrince said:

@Falconer said:

@yoshimitz707 said:

@Falconer said:

@Snail said:

Saying that you should pirate the game just because it's broken at release is immature.

What? So I should sit on my hands until god knows when until they fix it? That's ludicrous.

I bought a game under implication that it would work. It does not. I am now going to acquire a version of the game that does work. Seems fair to me.

Or you could refund the non functioning copy and then pay for a legitimate copy.

Ok, you people are being ignorant. All the money goes to the same place, lets stop acting like returning a game and purchasing elsewhere makes any different.

But if you're not at least going to try and do the right things before pirating the game, then that's sort of a dick move.

Edited/deleted because I don't wanna start stepping on the mod's toes concerning piracy. It was an opinion, btw, not admittance. Mucho gusto giving developers my money.

#53 Posted by mlarrabee (2949 posts) -

Whatever you opinion of the legal and moral balances of pirating a game you already own, the discussion of it doesn't fly here. Make a thread here that lays out the problems with The Walking Dead's retail release but take the subjective piracy-talk to another forum.

NO discussion of illegal activities: Includes but not limited to the discussion of illicit substances, circumvention of copy protection, and piracy of video games or any form of media. If you have a question as to whether something may be illegal or not, contact the moderators and we will let you know.
#54 Posted by LiquidPrince (15942 posts) -

@Xeirus said:

@LiquidPrince said:

@Xeirus said:

@LiquidPrince said:

@Falconer said:

@yoshimitz707 said:

@Falconer said:

@Snail said:

I'm not being ignorant. I'm just not being an asshole. The OP will end up having two copies of the game, when he only paid for one. They will most likely fix or patch a majority of the issues eventually but at that point the OP will still have his legitimate copy and one that he has pirated. I don't give a rats ass if he ends up pirating it or not, because I know a ton of people who pirate things anyways. But if you're not at least going to try and do the right things before pirating the game, then that's sort of a dick move. If I were OP I would try and return the game and purchase a legitimate digital copy. IF the game store did not accept the refund then I would consider other options.

You trying to rationalize when it's ok to pirate and when it's not goes against the whole bullshit idea that you're trying to promote.

If he buys the game he is entitled to play it, if it's not working then he has the right to get a working copy from wherever he pleases. They got their money, who gives a damn where the data comes from.

Not according to the law. How you rationalize it is good for you and you alone. Same goes for me. And I never said I would pirate it. I said I would consider other options.

#55 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@LiquidPrince said:

@Xeirus said:

@LiquidPrince said:

@Falconer said:

@yoshimitz707 said:

@Falconer said:

@Snail said:

But if you're not at least going to try and do the right things before pirating the game, then that's sort of a dick move.

A dick move to who? Telltale got their money.

I don't know how you look down from that extremely high moral high ground you're on, must be scary.

#56 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2219 posts) -

How did Telltale screw up like this, where was their QA to find even half the problems found on the games first day of release for 360 or were they just crossing their fingers and hoping for the best.

#57 Posted by Winternet (8018 posts) -

Yo people, relax. This is fucked up, but that's no reason to lose yo temper.

#58 Edited by PolygonSlayer (426 posts) -

The Walking Dead is a fantastic game (one of the best I've played this year), BUT Telltale does not deserves any more patience regarding the glitches/bugs etc with it. It has plauged that game from the day the first episode came out and it still is seriously messed up. They have had more than enough time to fix it. No excuse for the mess this has been, it should have been fixed months ago.

#59 Posted by Marz (5651 posts) -

that sounds messed up, Telltale should just give people with bugged discs a digital version of the game, i doubt there will be a miracle patch to fix everyone's problems with the disc version.

#60 Posted by Trace (3553 posts) -

While there's understandable outrage over these bugs and a legitimate conversation to be had regarding them, recommending the piracy of a game because of these bugs is a dick move that doesn't belong on these forums.

Piracy's illegal, and I'm sure there's plenty of other websites to discuss that part of it if the game's issues disgust you that much. However, it doesn't belong here, and given the initial post of this thread has such a recommendation in it, I see no reason for this particular conversation to continue.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.