Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Telltale is nailing the tone of the books. Serious kudos!

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jerseyscum

Fans of the Walking Dead understand that the zombies are only a backdrop for the human drama of the characters. What makes the comics so damned fascinating is how otherwise normal individuals react to extreme circumstances. I am absolutely loving the reverence to the original material and how Lee's choices and relations with the characters may have dire consequences. The music and voice acting is spot on and I'm really loving the relationships between the characters. It's not the most in-depth adventure game experience, but the mood is going to keep me coming back for more. After one scene in Episode 1, I was hooked

When Lee has to choose to save either Hershel's son or Duck, then seeing Duck's father panic and flee with his son made my heart break a little.
    ObiKwiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By ObiKwiet

I cant speak to the books, but I am a fan of the TV show (even with its ups and downs) and Telltale absolutely nailed the feel of TWD for me. I agree that the adventure game puzzles are not all that elaborate, but I don't think they need to be. I really like that the emphasis is on the conversations you have and the tough decisions you have to make. Decisions you have to make very quickly! Can't wait for Episode 2.

Yeah, Kenny pissed me off when he did that. But we made our peace at the end. I'm cool with Kenny now. Hes got my back yo!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.