The boat... SPOILERS

#1 Edited by Rihanna (85 posts) -

The boat only holds 5 people. Which 5 people do you think will be on your boat?

I think Kenny will be on everyone's boat, no matter what choices you make. That leaves 4 people.

I'm guessing that 3 of those spots will be taken (Clem and her parents). In the end, you can only choose 1 person to be on the boat.

I'm not sure who I would choose for the last spot.

#2 Edited by Baillie (4274 posts) -

Kenny's dead in my playthrough.

Just kidding, but wouldn't Lee be the last person in your list? Saying that it's either armless Lee or zombie Lee, right?

#3 Posted by CornBREDX (5800 posts) -

Anyone that gets on the boat is screwed. So, in the end who do you want to die horribly?

#4 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19376 posts) -

Clementine will be the only one who makes it on the boat.

#5 Posted by ShaggE (6625 posts) -

If you're on the boat, and you get left behind, then you'll find it again. If you're off the boat in the first place, then it won't make a damn.

#6 Posted by pekarn (86 posts) -

@Rihanna: Clementine's mom dies in the second episode unless I remember it wrong. So she couldn't be on the boat.

#7 Posted by Swaboo (451 posts) -

Kenny will be on the boat by himself cuz i told him to fuck off.

#8 Posted by psylah (2182 posts) -

The boat will go out empty.

#9 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@pekarn said:

@Rihanna: Clementine's mom dies in the second episode unless I remember it wrong. So she couldn't be on the boat.

That wasn't her mom.

#10 Posted by Rihanna (85 posts) -
#11 Posted by Reddy1124 (140 posts) -

Yea. If anything, her father is dead.

#12 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5359 posts) -

There's no way Clem's parents are alive.

#13 Posted by BigSteve1983 (71 posts) -

I would be shocked, amazed and disappointed if Clems parents are alive. I think the whole charm of the Clem character and her interaction with Lee is amazing and makes the game brilliant, I could be wrong however that's my personal views.

Now back to the question about the boat, depends on what goes down I've got a feeling it's going to be Kenny and Clem, unless something goes completely wrong which could lead to Lee killing Clem, now that would be an ending to have.

#14 Posted by awesomeusername (4230 posts) -

@CL60 said:

@pekarn said:

That wasn't her mom.

LIES!

@Rihanna said:

According to this, her mom may still be alive:

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Diana

SHE'S DEAD DAMNIT!

CAPS LOCK!!!!!

#15 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2713 posts) -

@SethPhotopoulos said:

There's no way Clem's parents are alive.

I don't think there's even a story way they could be alive.

#16 Posted by RollingZeppelin (2064 posts) -

@awesomeusername said:

@CL60 said:

@pekarn said:

That wasn't her mom.

LIES!

@Rihanna said:

According to this, her mom may still be alive:

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Diana

SHE'S DEAD DAMNIT!

CAPS LOCK!!!!!

/facepalm

#17 Posted by HistoryInRust (6374 posts) -

@pekarn said:

What is it with this? This marks the second time I've read it on these forums today. And it's factually, one-hundred percent, incorrect.

#18 Posted by Castiel (2700 posts) -

If Lee is on the boat then everyone is fucked.

#19 Posted by Subjugation (4728 posts) -

If Clem's parents are alive and she gets reunited it will kill a big part of the emotional pull the game has on me. Being in the situation of being her guardian/adoptive father creates a really strong desire to care for her and protect her and I'll feel robbed if that just disappears. I know it sounds horrible that I don't want her to be reunited with her parents, but surely someone understands what I'm getting at right?

#20 Posted by PerryVandell (2108 posts) -

@HistoryInRust said:

@pekarn said:

What is it with this? This marks the second time I've read it on these forums today. And it's factually, one-hundred percent, incorrect.

Internet forums aren't known to be the most reliable sources of factual information.

Sound's like Clementine's father is dead. Her mother probably is too, but we don't know if she's been bitten as well. As for who I'll put on the boat, I suppose Kenny, Clementine, Christa, Omid and Molly if she shows up again. If she doesn't, then I guess Ben.

#21 Posted by JasonR86 (9762 posts) -

The boat's never going to leave. My Kenny will come to his senses and realize that the boat is a terrible idea.

#22 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1389 posts) -

I assume that in the end, everything will end up going perfectly. Everyone is alive, Lee isn't going to turn and you're on the way to make a grand exit on the boat when Kenny Loggins boats off into the sunset by himself listening to highway to the dangerzone.

#23 Posted by RollingZeppelin (2064 posts) -

@WalkerTR77 said:

I assume that in the end, everything will end up going perfectly. Everyone is alive, Lee isn't going to turn and you're on the way to make a grand exit on the boat when Kenny Loggins boats off into the sunset by himself listening to highway to the dangerzone.

It has to end with Lee and Clem freeze-framed while jumping and victory fist pumping, silhouetted by a sunset.

#24 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2169 posts) -

@Subjugation said:

If Clem's parents are alive and she gets reunited it will kill a big part of the emotional pull the game has on me. Being in the situation of being her guardian/adoptive father creates a really strong desire to care for her and protect her and I'll feel robbed if that just disappears. I know it sounds horrible that I don't want her to be reunited with her parents, but surely someone understands what I'm getting at right?

Don't worry, if they are alive, there is a 100% chance they will be brutally killed in front of Clem by you or zombies.

#25 Posted by gaminghooligan (1477 posts) -

I've got Omid and his lady, myself, kenny, clem left, and I assume molly will come back and take my place on the boat with them

#26 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

Hey guys. I played all the episodes so far, but what's the point of getting onto a boat, seriously? Where to, exactly?

#27 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1389 posts) -

@Klei: Best case scenario? Abandoned yet well supplied oil rig. Then possibly a tanker or cruise ship, though those would be full of people.

#28 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

Christa and Omid, that's 2.

Ben, that's 3.

Kenny, of course, that's 4.

Clem is 5.

Barring any last minute fatalities, or Clem's mother being alive (not a fucking shot in hell of that being the case), this ship is good to go.

#29 Posted by bombedyermom (247 posts) -

I would love if the last five minutes of the game has you playing as zombie lee, and your goal is to shamble around the boat biting everyone.

#30 Posted by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

@Terramagi said:

Ben, that's 3.

Clem is 5.

Barring any last minute fatalities, or Clem's mother being alive (not a fucking shot in hell of that being the case), this ship is good to go.

This seems like the most logical configuration, unless Kenny kills Ben or something else goes south.

#31 Posted by VarkhanMB (161 posts) -

@Mrsignerman44 said:

@Terramagi said:

Ben, that's 3.

Clem is 5.

This seems like the most logical configuration, unless Kenny kills Ben or something else goes south.

I'd guess regardless of what happens, Ben doesn't make it on the boat. Kenny is way too fucking pissed to even let him, he might as well kill him himself.

I don't think Molly's coming back, though. So Christa, Omid, Kenny and Clem. Kenny is too fucked up in the head so he might as well kill Christa 'cause she's going to slow 'em down..

#32 Posted by Quarters (1805 posts) -

I figure who will get on the boat greatly depends on who you have with you for the end. My guess is that the divide will be that if everyone comes with you, Clem has a better chance of survival, but more of them will die for it. Whereas if it's just you, Clem has a higher chance of being dead, whereas everyone else will leave. My bet is that the last shot of the game is Lee watching the boat leaves as he dies/turns.

#33 Posted by N7 (3657 posts) -

I've got a theory.

All is said and done, you are ready to leave. You are bitten. You do not have long. The boat is right in front of you. You are about to leave. Kenny steps in. "Lee, yer bit. We caynt take r chances." No matter what you've done, they all agree with him. Everyone but Clementine. They have more than enough room for Clem, and they can take her without any problem. But she doesn't want to go. You try to convince her, but she says no, she's staying with you.

They leave. The tone is very depressing. They look back at you, some may be crying, depending on who is still alive. Lee and Clem turn around. Lee looks down at Clementine. "Stay close to me..." and they walk off into the unknown. But wait, it's not over... Season 2, remember?

The screen fades to black, and then back into focus. The perspective is now first person. You are clearly controlling a character. New or old, you aren't sure. You walk forward, slowly, and you hear a struggle. You hear a little girl screaming. You see a door in the distance. You walk up to it.

#34 Edited by VarkhanMB (161 posts) -

@Quarters: I doubt they'll let Clem die either way right? Wouldn't the community react in a terrible way and bash Telltale so hard? I guess your vision of the ending is less dramatic than mine but also more realistic.

EDIT: I didn't know there was a season 2 planned, but I'm pretty sure if anything you'll just see a zombie that 'looks' like Lee and you'll have to shoot it as you start as which other character you are.

My hope is that it happens in a completely different area, say it is in a different state.

#35 Posted by Quarters (1805 posts) -

@BL1TZKRI3G: I don't know, the last episode had some pretty dark stuff involving kids in it. Plus, what happened to Duck...I think they'd be willing. I do wonder who will be the lead in Season 2. I wonder if it will be someone in the current group(unlikely, I figure), or if it'll be an entirely different story, with a new cast of characters.

#36 Posted by VarkhanMB (161 posts) -

@Quarters: You know what would be really fucked up? Playing as Lilly. Granted it won't work because of the comic book story (right? haven't read more than volume 1 of the hardcover books, so I haven't encontered her yet) but how fucked up would that be.

#37 Edited by Quarters (1805 posts) -

@BL1TZKRI3G: UGH. That would drive me nuts. Not sure if it would work or not, but given the position that she eventually finds herself in during the comic, I want nothing to do with that idiot. Man, I hate Lilly.

#38 Posted by NeoKef (75 posts) -

Am I the only one in this thread that let Ben die? I felt better about it after he gave me the "ok" too. So in my play through, it would be:

Kenny

Clem

Omid

Christa

and then whoever else that seems of importance. I doubt Molly goes on the boat but she will probably play an important part of the final episode. Maybe Clems mom/dad/uncle? I don't know, but the way I have been playing Lee is that he is going to leave himself behind for the greater good of the group.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.