The Stranger's car in episode 1

#1 Edited by Sgtpierceface (587 posts) -

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!! SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!! SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!! SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!! SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!! SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!! SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!

(Per request)

Over on the "The Walking Dead" subreddit, someone pointed out that the car with the food can be seen in the start of episode 1.

http://www.reddit.com/r/thewalkingdead/comments/13nwro/game_spoilers_not_sure_if_this_was_intentional/

Now to be honest, I think this is more likely a case of reusing assets, but it's still kind of cool.

#2 Posted by Wes899 (2102 posts) -

Very cool indeed.

#3 Posted by Breadfan (6586 posts) -

Oh shit.

#4 Posted by Smokay (525 posts) -

I dont think Taletell would be as careless as that just being a reused asset

#5 Posted by DonutFever (3514 posts) -
#6 Posted by meaninoflife42 (467 posts) -

Mind. Blown.

#7 Posted by Hector (3346 posts) -

Woah, thats crazy! I'm just going to pretend it wasn't a used assest and it was purposely put there,

#8 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Ha! That's awesome.

#9 Posted by TheSilentGod (133 posts) -

Oh wow, I really hope that was placed there on purpose.

#10 Posted by andriv (251 posts) -

@Smokay: the car in the woods is not a one of a kind

i don't see a problem with reusing the assets when it depicts a mass produced things

it being the same car would have no effect on the story, you had no effect on the strangers life until you stole his food
#11 Posted by Mackinder (72 posts) -

It's nice to think that there's some significance in that, but it's almost definitely just re-using assets.

#12 Posted by MaFoLu (1854 posts) -

Just checked to see if that car was used in the part where you have to push the car out of the way, where you can see more cars in the background, after meeting Clem for the first time, and I couldn't see it. 
Thought that makes it a little bit more probable that it wasn't just a reused asset, seeing as they apparently had quite a few other car models to choose from. 
Then again, it could just be a neat little coincidence.

#13 Posted by gaminghooligan (1342 posts) -

@DonutFever: oh yeah, he totally was. That story matches pitch for pitch and he even describes the character. Loved all the little shout outs to the comics

#14 Posted by JNeam (76 posts) -

Cool coincidence maybe?

#15 Posted by ozzdog12 (845 posts) -

@Sgtpierceface: Makes so much sense after

Beating episode 5

#16 Posted by Kerned (1168 posts) -

Of course it's intentional. If they were just reusing assets, why wouldn't they just use some other car? There were plenty. Everything all ties back together, it makes sense thematically -- plus it's a nice little easter egg of sorts. It's not like some artist just reused that particular station wagon without realizing it or thinking about it.

Also, this thread seems vaguely spoilery.

#17 Posted by nohthink (1222 posts) -

I think you should have put a spoiler warning... Just saying

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.