Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Thinking about playing through this

Darkecho117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Darkecho117

I've been thinking about finally playing through all these episodes. Do you know if they are planning on releasing them all in a retail copy? If not is there any kind of discount for buying all the episodes at once?

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By EquitasInvictus

If you get it on Steam you get all five episodes. It was even on sale, although I'm not sure if it's on sale anymore, unfortunately.

But to my knowledge there are no retail/on disc versions.

EDIT: It's still on sale on Steam at 25% off, priced at ~$19 for all 5 episodes. Unfortunately you missed it being 50% off, though.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By breadfan
    Darkecho117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Darkecho117

Guess I should clarify and say I'm going to be playing on 360. @Breadfan said:

There is a physical release coming out fairly soon. Do yourself a huge favor and play this game. The Steam version includes all of the episodes in one pack, which is currently on sale at the moment.

Thanks for that link. I might save this for my holiday break. I've heard nothing but good things.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
    ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

@Darkecho117: It would be cheaper to buy them off XBL over the retail disc. It's 25 for all the downloads and 30 for the disc so you'll save five bucks.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Zeik

It's more money, but you also save yourself HDD space with the disk version, so it might still be worth the extra $5.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By GERALTITUDE

It might be worth it to wait for the "complete edition". One thing that's pretty damn annoying about playing the game now is you have to watch all the "next time on/previously on The Walking Dead" back-to-back every time between each episode.

That worked when the episodes were a month apart but now it's just a slow UI with some minor spoilers here and there.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zeik

I don't think that is actually going to go away even with the disk version.

reckless_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By reckless_x

http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-Online-Game-Code/dp/B007WWW2C8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353977138&sr=8-1&keywords=the+walking+dead+game

$12.49 PC download (steam key and all)

GET IT.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#10  Edited By pyromagnestir

@Darkecho117: Not only is it currently cheaper to buy the XBLA downloads rather than that disc release, if you aren't playing them until your holiday break then the XBLA versions might go on sale around the time you're hoping to play them. XBLA has holiday sales each year starting a bit before Christmas and ending on New Years, which often feature big releases from that year, and I imagine it's quite possible that The Walking Dead will be one of them.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By ShaggE

@GERALTITUDE said:

It might be worth it to wait for the "complete edition". One thing that's pretty damn annoying about playing the game now is you have to watch all the "next time on/previously on The Walking Dead" back-to-back every time between each episode.

That worked when the episodes were a month apart but now it's just a slow UI with some minor spoilers here and there.

Playing each episode back to back is emotional suicide anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.