Thoughts on Season 2? (Spoilers)

#1 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Do you think that it will focus on a totally new story, or will it focus on the surviving characters for season 1? I'm pretty sure we will see the return of Clem, but what do you think of the return of other characters? Kenny and Lilly aren't for sure dead, Omid and Christa are alive and still going strong, and Glenn could even come back? Who do you think we will play? Maybe a returning character? How long has passed, is Clem still nine years old or she is older? I'm interested in seeing what you guys think will happen, and what you want to happen.

#2 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

i think a clean break would be best. new characters, new setting, new choices.

not knowing what happened to clem leaves it ambiguios which i think is for the best.

#3 Posted by stryker1121 (1326 posts) -

I assume we'll see a new cast of characters...the only way Clem comes back is if you play as Christa (assuming that was Omid and Christa on the hill in the epilogue, an assumption certainly up for debate) and you're not going to have a dynamic as special as Lee-Clem again. No sense in going back to that well, but it would cool to see a Clem and how she's adapted.

Failing that it would be cool to follow up with Molly as your playable character. She has an interesting backstory and is still out there in the world.

#4 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4674 posts) -

I kinda hope they have all new characters.

#5 Posted by NinjaBerd (221 posts) -

I would like to see Clem as the main character, only let her age like at least 7 years. that way she has some back story we dont know about.

#6 Posted by Ducksworth (659 posts) -

It doesn't have to be a completely new cast of characters, I would actually hope that the survivors from Season 1 play a big role in Season 2 but you yourself should be a new character. Every existing character has an established personality which means the potential roles you can play have to be limited.

#7 Posted by Morningstar (2127 posts) -

I want a cast of new characters. And I want them to be better than Omid and Christa.

#8 Posted by project343 (2809 posts) -

@Bell_End said:

not knowing what happened to clem leaves it ambiguios which i think is for the best.

But then that whole ending scene is meaningless. At the very least, they have to address the state of Clem--is she okay, who's she with, what's she doing? I agree: a new set of characters is important, but they should also work a tad with what they left us with.

#9 Edited by Turtlebird95 (2284 posts) -

Considering Telltale has said they want to connect saves from the first season to the second, I'm guessing that would mean at least some of the characters will appear. (Clementine, obviously) I'm betting Lilly will make an appearance.

#10 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

I never want to see Kenny again in my life. Fuck that guy. He died in that zombie horde.

If I get to see Omid/Christa then I'm cool with that though. Thems are with it.

#11 Posted by project343 (2809 posts) -

@Tylea002 said:

I never want to see Kenny again in my life. Fuck that guy. He died in that zombie horde.

What about... Zombie Kenny?! :O

#12 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

@project343 said:

@Tylea002 said:

What about... Zombie Kenny?! :O

...Now you're talkin'.

#13 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -
@Turtlebird95
Considering Telltale has said they want to connect saves from the first season to the second, I'm guessing that would mean at least some of the characters will appear. (Clementine, obviously) I'm betting Lilly will make an appearance.

He is most likely dead, yes, but they leave it open for an escape in case he ever wants to return. The biggest hint is probably the dialog option where Lee talks about how he might not be dead, since he didn't see him actually get killed. At the moment he is dead, but Tellltale could bring him back if they wanted.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.