TWD Episode 1 is FREE on XBL 12/25-12/31

#1 Edited by KaneRobot (1438 posts) -

Obviously since I just bought Episode 1 two days ago, they will now be putting it up for free for a limited time, Christmas Day through New Year's Eve. Also, on the 28th, episodes 2-5 will be on sale (no price announced yet). So if you're on the fence or just getting into this game, you'll want to wait a few days before buying.

Source: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334339 (Also a huge list of upcoming XBL sales)

#2 Posted by xMEGADETHxSLY (446 posts) -

Cool

#3 Posted by Lukeweizer (2619 posts) -

Thanks for making the sacrifice for the rest of us.

#4 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1174 posts) -

My monies...

#5 Posted by project343 (2812 posts) -

Masters at taking advantage of proper timing.

#6 Posted by KaneRobot (1438 posts) -

@project343 said:

Masters at taking advantage of proper timing.

TEACH ME THE WAYS

#7 Posted by pweidman (2307 posts) -

OK cool. Maybe I'll give it a try then. Or not. Thanks for the heads up regardless tc.

#8 Posted by golguin (3849 posts) -

I'll let my friends know in the coming weeks.

#9 Posted by BeachThunder (11724 posts) -

Shareware!

#10 Posted by chocolaterhinovampire (1288 posts) -

Also free on IOS

#11 Edited by DarthOrange (3852 posts) -

Awesome list! I already have Walking Dead on PS3 but I may pick up Mark of the Ninja, Super Meat Boy and Skyrim with this sale if the price is low enough. Also I recommend anyone who hasn't played Trials Evolution to pick it up on the 24th.  

Does anyone know if this is only for Gold members or will my Silver ass be able to take advantage of the sales?

#12 Posted by Cincaid (2953 posts) -

@DarthOrange: I think silver members can pick up these deals as well, but I'm not 100% sure.

#13 Posted by DarthOrange (3852 posts) -
@Cincaid said:

@DarthOrange: I think silver members can pick up these deals as well, but I'm not 100% sure.

I can confirm these deals are also for silver members, just picked up Mark of the Ninja at a discount.
#14 Edited by xyzygy (9899 posts) -

I will probably just end up getting this on disc because I hate digital copies.

#15 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -

now you, too can open the new year with complete sadness!

#16 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

Meh, I still won't get it.

#17 Posted by Cincaid (2953 posts) -

@DarthOrange: Sweet! Enjoy an awesome game. :D

#18 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

Bought all of them three weeks ago. I regret nothing.

#19 Posted by AndrewB (7519 posts) -

You should probably just go ahead and buy this. I hear it's one of the best games of the year.

#20 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Thats really smart will probably sell them alot more of the remaining episodes.

#21 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

Awesome.

#22 Posted by KaneRobot (1438 posts) -

Just a reminder - this deal is live now! It's not advertised on the dash yet but if you go through the purchase process you'll see it's free when you go to confirm the purchase.

It'll probably be promoted on the dashboard once they update overnight.

#23 Posted by SMTDante89 (2552 posts) -

You can also download it from xbox.com now if you're currently away from your 360.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.