Walking Dead Collector's edition.

#1 Posted by Aegon (5117 posts) -

It seems like a great deal for someone who hasn't gotten the last 4 episodes yet. It's the first 5 eps and the first 48 issues of the comic.

#2 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

That is literally the BEST place to stop reading the comics too. After 48 you could just roll credits and it'd be golden.

#3 Posted by AndrewB (7187 posts) -

Only problem is:

The Walking Dead Compendium 1 = $35.99 on Amazon.

The Walking Dead video game Season 1 = $29.99 for Xbox360/PS3 and $25.99 for PC (less if you bought it before it came out or during any of the multiple sales).

= $65.98 or less

Unless you're way into that cover art...

#4 Posted by Phatmac (5686 posts) -

Seems cool but I already played all the episodes except 5.

#5 Posted by EVO (3775 posts) -

Fuck yeah. Knew I should of waited for a physical release.

#6 Posted by VarkhanMB (157 posts) -

Amazing idea for a package, for someone who has lots of money or hasn't started the game. Also, no PC version, eh?

#7 Edited by RockinKemosabe (619 posts) -

I think I also read that the Collector's Edition is exclusive to Gamestop.

Edit: TellTale says the quantities are very limited for the CE so it's only available for pre-order.

#8 Posted by GS_Dan (1396 posts) -

A collector's edition that makes sense?

#9 Posted by Questionable (619 posts) -

Wtf, 60 bucks? I payed 20% of that price for the PC season pass.

They better include a Clementine Hat or walkie talkie for that price.

#10 Posted by Questionable (619 posts) -

Edit: nevermind, 48 full color comic goodness is a sweet deal

I read a 48 page comic when I wrote the above comment :p

#11 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

No PC version? :(

#12 Posted by rynbeed (143 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba said:

No PC version? :(

I guess not - I went in yesterday and pre-ordered and there wasn't one in GS's system. I haven't seen anything online about there being a PC copy, which sucks since that's the copy I'd prefer.

I just ended up ordering a 360 copy, I am pretty sure that I still have it hooked up to the TV...

Also, it's 25 bucks to pre-order a collectors edition of something in case it's been awhile since anyone here has done that. I was a little taken back, thought it was only $5.

#13 Posted by hwy_61 (908 posts) -

I would have totally bitten on this, but I own a shit load of volumes.

#14 Edited by MarkWahlberg (4492 posts) -

@Terramagi said:

That is literally the BEST place to stop reading the comics too. After 48 you could just roll credits and it'd be golden.

Where does that end, is that after the Governor arc?

#15 Posted by sixpin (1277 posts) -

@Questionable said:

Edit: nevermind, 48 full color comic goodness is a sweet deal I read a 48 page comic when I wrote the above comment :p

I don't think it is in color. Pretty sure it is just a reprint of the volume one compendium.

#16 Posted by ValiantGrizzly (498 posts) -

Jesus Christ.

If this is available in Europe ever, I'm so in.

#17 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

@MarkWahlberg said:

@Terramagi said:

Where does that end, is that after the Governor arc?

The exact issue, yes.

#18 Posted by Delta_Ass (3231 posts) -

Or you could just buy the game and then order the compendium on amazon.

But then I guess you wouldn't get the giant box that's gonna sit on your shelf collecting dust.

#19 Posted by evanbower (1205 posts) -

@Questionable said:

Edit: nevermind, 48 full color comic goodness is a sweet deal I read a 48 page comic when I wrote the above comment :p

But the comic is black and white?

#20 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2071 posts) -

The issue I have is not with the price, but rather, look how big the box is in the special edition. You're telling me that all that is going into that big box is the book and game? There better be more in that they haven't advertised yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.