Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Walking Dead on PS3 or 360?

Avatar image for radioactivegazz
    RadioactiveGazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RadioactiveGazz

I looked on the stores for both, and the PS3 version is cheaper with the option to buy a season pass, but I have heard vague reports of bad performance, and was wondering if anyone had any compelling reasons why I should download it on 360 instead.

I also plan to pick up Dust: An Elysium Tale and Trials Evolution and unfinished Swan unless anyone thinks I can do better for my money?

xMEGADETHxSLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By xMEGADETHxSLY

Get Dust and Trials (Which is half OFF RIGHT NOW). Done

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By Sooperspy

I've heard that TWD plays better on PS3, actually. Neither version plays perfect though, since both have framerate hiccups and what not. Also, episode 1 is free on 360 right now, and the rest of the episodes will be on sale on the 28th. So if you're looking to save money, go for the 360 version.

Edit: Okay, one site said there will be a sale on the rest of the episodes, but I couldn't find any other site that said such. But the first episode being free is a definite, and starts tomorrow.

Edit 2: Upon further research, I have found that yes, the rest of the episodes will be discounted on the 28th.

I say go for the 360 version.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By landon

I played on PS3 with minimal problems.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By KaneRobot

360 is fine. The PC version is better on a techincal level, but it really doesn't matter one bit.

I'd say buy the 360 version if you're looking to get it now - episode 1 is free at the moment so you can see if you'll like it, and the rest will be discounted (likely 3 or 4 bucks a pop) on the 28th.

wumbo3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 38

#6  Edited By wumbo3000

Just as a heads up, you can't invert the controls on the 360 version. I actually bought it on the PC originally and tried playing it with a 360 controller but found out that I couldn't invert it. So glad I got the PC version so I can just switch to keyboard and mouse. I eventually found out that the 360 version you can't play inverted, which just simply baffles me. There wasn't one tester who plays inverted? Like, how can you not put that shit in there? I'm sure you can get used to it after playing it for a while, but it's just something that irked me.

Avatar image for radioactivegazz
    RadioactiveGazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RadioactiveGazz

@wumbo3000: That sounds like a total no-brainer! I don't use inverted controls, but it's crazy that any developer would not include that!

Also, I am getting it on 360, because episode 1 was free christmas day, and the rest of the episodes are on some kind of offer tomorrow. Not sure how much of a discount we'll actually see, Either way, I got DUST, which I was bummed out was half price not 5 days ago, and I may get Trials with what i have left when I have Walking Dead. I have enough to get both now, just weighing my options. Not like I have any shortage of games to play right now.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Justin258

@wumbo3000: Considering that there aren't many people at all who play inverted, I would imagine that it's entirely possible to have an entire team of testers that would never notice the lack of that option. I certainly wouldn't.

Still, it is an odd omission. I would think that it's just a simple change in a configuration file or something, somewhere.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

PS3 version here, no problems at all.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#10  Edited By Yummylee

@Landon said:

This. I was fortunate enough to go through the entire thing with only one serious bug--during episode 3, on the train, the camera kept falling out of the game whenever I went to go to talk to Ben nearing the end; a reload from that checkpoint was all it took to fix it--and there were no save bugs nor any major framerate issues, either.

mizthang222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mizthang222

I have the PS3 version and the PC version. I beat the PS3 version a few days ago, and I found the frame rate problems to be very annoying. I'm not sure how the 360 version holds up, but if both have the same problems I'd say go with what's cheaper? If you're set on the PS3 version, there's really nothing game breaking that I found (and personally I prefer the PS3 controller).

knitlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By knitlife

@RadioactiveGazz: I just played through the first episode on 360...it was intense to say the least. The lack of inverted controls hurts (I died a few times just from the fumbling) but the first episode is free until the end of the year and the other four are 200 M$ points/~$2.50 each until Saturday. Dunno that you can beat that price. Sale is technically supposed to start tomorrow but is live now BTW.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MariachiMacabre

360 version. Beat it last night and had no issues in my play time.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#14  Edited By DarthOrange

Only issues I ran into on PS3 were with episode 3. One hard lock getting out of the train and a few other minor glitches here and there.

phrali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By phrali

the game is apparently kinda fucked up and glitchy on every platform it is on. which is actually kind of impressive, right? it's like they said "we're gonna do this 3 times, but we don't give enough of a fuck to do it right even once"

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By landon

@Yummylee said:

@Landon said:

This. I was fortunate enough to go through the entire thing with only one serious bug--during episode 3, on the train, the camera kept falling out of the game whenever I went to go to talk to Ben nearing the end; a reload from that checkpoint was all it took to fix it--and there were no save bugs nor any major framerate issues, either.

Weird, I had that same exact problem. At first I thought they were doing something cinematic, but then the camera just keep bobbing and bobbing until soon it was looking at the trees and I could see where the ground ended.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By me3639

i have it on PS3 and have had no problems.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

360 because you can get all 5 episodes right now for $10.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By LiquidPrince

I have both the PC version (which I can easily run on max settings) and the PS3 version, and they both stutter at the same places so it's more of an issue with the game then with the platform. The only other difference between the PS3 and PC version that is worth noting is the weird artifacting you get with sun beams... It's weird. Otherwise they're essentially comparable. The 360 version I heard is a mess though, but I haven't personally experienced that one so I wouldn't know.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.