Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Walking Dead progress glitch, please help !

Avatar image for desmondfromthehatch
    desmondfromthehatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I bought the entire Walking Dead season in the XBL sale the other day and have been really loving the game but I've encountered a really frustrating glitch of some kind. I have finished both episodes 1 & 2 and upon beginning episode 3, the game just starts from the beginning of episode 1 and does this every time I attempt to start episode, any idea how to fix this ?

procrasturbate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By procrasturbate

Yo! This has repeatedly happened to me. Same thing. We finished the second episode for the third time, when it gets to the stats screen it looks all glitchy. Some red bars are shown but no text or percentages. Only thing you can do is press start and go back to the main menu or quit the game. Anyone knows what's causing this?

ashton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By ashton

Same happened for me and I bought the disc version in stores. Started noticing some minor hitches and slow downs in episode 1 then things got progressively worse throughout episode 2 (audio not being said by characters but mouth moving) and by the end of the 2 the game was struggling to even run. Got the same stat screen glitch red bars and no comparative %'s. Now i can progress to episode 3 either!!! No idea whats going on or how to fix. Maybe need an update but Im not connected to the internet right now. Sooo bummed

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By musubi

@desmondfromthehatch: @procrasturbate: @ashton: Yes, this happens quite frequently. I made it a point to copy saves after each episode to each slot. If this happened with the restart on episode 1 thing what I always did was exit right away go back to the load save screen then copy the current save to the slot that got overriden with episode 1 then exit to menu then go back and load a save then click continue on the previous episode after it loads exit then cycle back over to the episode you want to continue too and it "should" load. The technical mess the game is is one of the most disappointing things about it. And yes this is a ridiculous solution to the problem but it worked for me.

procrasturbate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By procrasturbate

@Demoskinos: Gonna try this right now. So frustrated with the situation, so much time spent. Thanks for the help!

procrasturbate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By procrasturbate

Didn't work. This is fucked up.

ashton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ashton

@Demoskinos: Thanks for the tip i'll give it a try tonight cause god dam I couldn't stop playing! Even though I didn't trust those fucking brothers from the beginning and I figured out what was going on (i.e. The Road) its still an unbelievable series! I hope this works and I can move on the episode 3 soon.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By napalm

@desmondfromthehatch: @procrasturbate: @ashton:

You guys should probably read my topic if you want to save your file.

ashton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ashton

@Napalm: Ill try this too thanks

ashton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ashton

Copied save to slot 3 and tried to play from there didn't work, same issues as on slot 1. Copied original save from slot 1 to slot 2, loaded that one up and it works despite initial extremely long load. I guess I should keep all the save files (dont want to delete one and they brake everything) and finish the series from slot 2 for now then delete them all and replay (with different choices) from slot 1 and hope it works all the way through next time or at least they may have a patch by then.

But anyways I guess it doesn't need to be in slot 3

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By superfriend

Game of the Year, right?

It did something similar for me, although not as fucked up. I basically had to replay the end of episode 3 again, since it forgot I had finished it.

Unbelievably sloppy stuff. I mean, this is a relatively linear adventure game and the save stuff is fucked like that.. still a great story and worth going through the hassle.

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By haggis

Just happened again for me after episode three. Copied game saves, too. Still didn't work. This is the second time I've had to play through eps 1-3. I've about had it with the game at this point.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By napalm

@haggis: Are you playing the retail boxed version?

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By haggis

@Napalm said:

@haggis: Are you playing the retail boxed version?

No, the online version.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.