What do you guys think of Mark?

#1 Posted by bassman2112 (843 posts) -

I thought he was an exceptional character, even though he was brand new

I was really bummed that he had to die - I really would have liked to keep him around and learn more about him.

#2 Posted by rockyhorrorgerri (374 posts) -

Probably my favorite character thus far. One of the four I fed... I felt he had a lot of potential in the game... unfortunately we'll never know.

#3 Posted by DonutFever (3553 posts) -

He's no Lee/Clem/Carley, but he was alright.

#4 Edited by _Chad (962 posts) -
#5 Posted by OneManX (1693 posts) -

Clutch in his final moments, I will give him that.

#6 Posted by TurboMan (7604 posts) -

I gave him a piece of food, and immediately knew what was going to happen to him the second he stepped foot in that house unfortunately. He seemed good, unfortunately there's nothing you could do to help see him through to the end.

#7 Posted by Redbullet685 (6054 posts) -

He is definitely the most likable other than Clem. Well, maybe Carley is just as likable.

I just wish that he could've stuck around for another episode at least, though I will say that I loved the way he died and got his revenge on Ms. Cannibal.

#8 Posted by Yummylee (22041 posts) -

Yeah, I quite liked him as well. He basically took over Kenny's position for being the most rational and understanding member of the group. Real shame that there's no way to save him.

#9 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

I chose nothing but good dialogue with him and gave him some food, does any of the "Mark will remember that..." actually matter? It seems like I got one of those hints right before he got shot with an arrow, and its not like theres very much else he does after that besides limp around.

#10 Posted by Droop (1910 posts) -

I might not remember episode 1 very well, but was he just introduced out of nowhere? I don't remember ever "saving him from the airfield" :v

#11 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -
@Droop

I might not remember episode 1 very well, but was he just introduced out of nowhere? I don't remember ever "saving him from the airfield" :v

No he was saved between episodes.

I really liked him but killing him off was for the best, story-wise. He's a nice guy who's helpful. He needed to go to build the tension. Making the nicest guy the one who was used as food was the best thing to do to keep the atmosphere as grim as possible.
#12 Edited by CaLe (4018 posts) -

I thought he was the default replacement because the Asian guy died in my first episode, so didn't give him much thought. I'm glad he died because he was a speccy-4-eyes.

#13 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -
@CaLe

I thought he was the default replacement because the Asian guy died in my first episode, so didn't give him much thought. I'm glad he died because he was a speccy-4-eyes.

Glenn didn't die. He left the group. He's a major character in the comic.
#14 Posted by ToTheNines (752 posts) -

I thought the way they suddenly inserted him into the story wasen't that great. But his character was just fine and I'm sad he had to die.

#15 Posted by CrazyBagMan (846 posts) -

He was delicious! Muahaha!

#16 Posted by CaLe (4018 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

@CaLe

Glenn didn't die. He left the group. He's a major character in the comic.

Oh then I am mis-remembering. I dunno who died then.. thought it was him.

#17 Posted by McDunkin (320 posts) -

He was a pretty effective redshirt.

#18 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

I was bummed he died as well. Really liked him from the limited time we had to get to know him.

#19 Posted by Irvandus (2881 posts) -

A very effective and likeable but throw away character.

#20 Edited by Make_Me_Mad (3108 posts) -

I thought it was weird that he was added off-screen entirely to die. I didn't mind that much, though, because he proved himself to be pretty useless at the start. Wasting ammo like crazy after saying that he wouldn't fire unless he had a sure shot. Getting eaten was the most good he did for the group the entire time.

#21 Posted by SuperSambo (2879 posts) -

Im glad he died. He seemed kinda shifty to me...

#22 Edited by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

I liked him, despite him coming out of nowhere, I think they should have developed the character more. But like I said, I liked him, seemed like a good dude, wasn't expecting to see him go out like that.

#23 Posted by handlas (2699 posts) -

LIked him...

How convenient that he happened to show up just to die tho.

#24 Posted by Soap_of_Death (94 posts) -

He seemed like a good person to ally with but I knew that once he was taken into the house, he would never leave alive.

#25 Posted by RockinKemosabe (619 posts) -
#26 Posted by kishinfoulux (2394 posts) -

Wish he stuck around, but in hindsight can understand why he didn't last.

#27 Posted by DeeGee (2140 posts) -

I never really got attached to him. His sudden appearance didn't gel with me, and he clearly was there to fill "the nice guy" role which was rather dull.

#28 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

Mark was a liar. He said he could make the shot on that bird...he FUCKED IT UP!

#29 Posted by Brodehouse (10072 posts) -

Mark was alright. Could kind of tell he was zombie food. Too helpful, too personable, has relevant skills and isn't a security issue. Can't handle that. Carley and Doug or whatever his name is are next.

#30 Posted by Maelstrom (38 posts) -

Kenny was my boy in episode one. Mark was going to be my boy until... you know. All I can say going into episode 3 is FUCK KENNY!

#31 Posted by Mixwizzard (83 posts) -

He was a delicious meal, indeed.

#32 Posted by Dad_Is_A_Zombie (1225 posts) -
#33 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

I liked him from the start, he was just a good character. I felt really sorry for him... I wanted to save Shawn from episode 1 so badly, but it was impossible, and now same with Mark. That's kinda depressing :(

I was totally shocked when I opened that hidden door, although I was worried ever since they took him in after he got shot by that arrow... Danny St. John justified his families' actions by saying "He would have died anyway" BUT an arrow to the shoulder would have never been deadly! Grrr! I was actually satisfied to get to kill Danny later, although I regretted it after Clem's reaction... made me reload and decide against vengeance. *sigh*

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.