Whats the release schedule for the other acts?

#1 Posted by allworkandlowpay (874 posts) -

Just curious, because I hate waiting, and I'm on the fence about getting the first episode now or waiting til it's concluded. I don't want to wait for half a year to play the complete game.

#2 Posted by Tearhead (2179 posts) -

Telltale will be releasing them on a monthly basis.

#3 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

Not soon enough.

#4 Posted by zamaeri09 (25 posts) -

Monthly but no hard set dates for the most part they have said that ep2 is getting QA and mostly done and 3 and 4 are the ones mostly being worked on.

#5 Posted by Bwast (1342 posts) -

It's a complete game as it is. You're presented with the problem of finding shelter and you solve that problem by the end. There are a lot of threads left in the wind but I didn't find it frustrating when the "To be continued" screen came up.

#6 Edited by senorfuzzeh (385 posts) -

@Bwast: What are you talking about? Why would more story and more gameplay be frustrating? It was designed to always be a multiple episode thing from the beginning.

#7 Posted by allworkandlowpay (874 posts) -

@Bwast said:

It's a complete game as it is. You're presented with the problem of finding shelter and you solve that problem by the end. There are a lot of threads left in the wind but I didn't find it frustrating when the "To be continued" screen came up.

It's a "complete" game in its self, sure, but it's not really. It's a 2 1/2 hour chunk of a complete 12 hour experience. And I'm needy, I want it all now. I ended up caving and playing through it tonight, and surprise, I need more. Now.

#8 Posted by Bwast (1342 posts) -

@senorfuzzeh said:

@Bwast: What are you talking about? Why would more story and more gameplay be frustrating? It was designed to always be a multiple episode thing from the beginning.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. At the end of this I was happy where it left off, stuff happened, it wasn't just 2 hours of filler then 30 minutes of good stuff and then boom, ending. There was an arch, it's not just 1 experience chopped up into smaller parts. They are each a separate experience with threads connecting them. Some games, books, movies, whatever don't do that, they just pull the rug out from under you when the shit is getting good. That's why I wasn't frustrated.

#9 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2695 posts) -

@senorfuzzeh said:

You should probably read what he actually said.

#10 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

I'm really looking forward to the next episode, for some reason I thought it was going to be a weekly thing and finding out it's monthly makes me a sad panda :( I guess I'll play through again and make other decisions in the meantime.

#11 Posted by senorfuzzeh (385 posts) -

@Bwast: Ahhh I gotcha. I thought you were saying that was all you needed. Sorry mang.

#12 Edited by lclay (383 posts) -

Monthly? 

Shit man that's too long.

#13 Posted by M_Shini (551 posts) -

I do kidna hate waiting, i never really thought the whole episodic release schedual was a good way to release things, hopefully ill still be interested playing the rest since i bought the season in one go, but then if i just wanted to play thru them all in one go i could have just waited, and avoided some of the bad issues in the process but whatever's it was pretty well put together.

So is Telltale still in the process of making the rest of the episodes or are they just spacing them out just because.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.