Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

When You Were Given This Dialogue Option What Did You Pick?

• 82 results
    JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JasonR86

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JasonR86

So this dialogue option between Lee and Clem really got to me. I didn't tear up. But it did get to me. So I can't imagine that anyone didn't pick "I'll miss you." unless they are a monster or were intentionally playing a weird/bad character because come on. Who wouldn't say that to a nine year old girl who's about to be left alone? I just want to see how many good versus monsters we have here on the site and how everyone else felt about this option.

EDIT:

Heh, I forgot "Don't be afraid." was an option. But to me that sounded like a lie. She needed her fear to keep her safe. But you're not a monster if you chose that option.

...just wrong.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By spankingaddict

A

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JasonR86

@spankingaddict said:

A

Right?

Meepasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Meepasaurus

I wasn't feeling that sad about the ending until that choice came up (I think I had gotten numb to all the crazy shit in this game after the end of Episode 3). Just had to pick it. :(

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By laserbolts

I think I picked don't be afraid? I think that was an option. I don't think that makes me a monster though. Didn't want Clem to feel any more worse than she already did.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I told her that she was strong or don't be afraid. Either one that was there.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#8  Edited By BeachThunder

@SuperJoe said:

I chose "Don't be afraid" for this option, after which she holds your hand, as well as all the other answers that gave Clementine advice. I chose not to waste a bullet on me because "killing changes you", told her to "always get the gun first", "stay away from cities", and "don't trust anyone". I was pretty much preparing her for the worst.

This is pretty much how I went too :P

Edit: BTW, I felt that "I'll miss you" was a little too fatalistic; to me, "don't be afraid" seemed a lot more encouraging.

MysteriousFawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MysteriousFawx

I wanted to leave her with a strong message to make her more likely to survive, I didn't want her to dwell on Lees sacrifice for the rest of her travels. I picked 'don't be afraid' and had her shoot me in the head....my little girl, all grown up for the big world.

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#10  Edited By beard_of_zeus

@MysteriousFawx said:

I wanted to leave her with a strong message to make her more likely to survive, I didn't want her to dwell on Lees sacrifice for the rest of her travels. I picked 'don't be afraid' and had her shoot me in the head....my little girl, all grown up for the big world.

Yup, exactly the same here, for the same reasons. It's not like I didn't miss her...but I wanted to make sure she would make it out alive by making her strong.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

I actually called that this is how the game would end back in the Episode 4 spoiler thread, after giving Clem the gun training I just had a feeling this was how it was going to end. I should write this stuff =)

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JasonR86

@rebgav said:

@JasonR86 said:

So I can't imagine that anyone didn't pick "I'll miss you." unless they are a monster or were intentionally playing a weird/bad character because come on. Who wouldn't say that to a nine year old girl who's about to be left alone?

That seems like a pretty selfish thing to do, why waste the last moment you have to give advice? Why play on the empathy of someone who is moments from having to shoot you in the head? Why say "I'll miss you" when you're about to die and the other party is going to continue on? Crazy talk!

Because she was nine and we had a good relationship! Gah!

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Kerned

I told her to never be afraid. I felt that telling her I'd miss her would make it tougher for her to do what she needed to do. But it was a tough decision. Real, real tough.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JasonR86

@rebgav said:

@JasonR86 said:

@rebgav said:

@JasonR86 said:

So I can't imagine that anyone didn't pick "I'll miss you." unless they are a monster or were intentionally playing a weird/bad character because come on. Who wouldn't say that to a nine year old girl who's about to be left alone?

That seems like a pretty selfish thing to do, why waste the last moment you have to give advice? Why play on the empathy of someone who is moments from having to shoot you in the head? Why say "I'll miss you" when you're about to die and the other party is going to continue on? Crazy talk!

She should not be able to sneak through a town full of zombies while heaving and whining and blowing snot-bubbles. I always viewed Lee's job as being preparing that girl to survive on her own, so I had no compulsion to pick the sentimental option.

I felt like Lee was a surrogate Dad. So, to me, he needed to teach her how to survive but he also needs her to know that he cares for her. I also had her shot Lee because I felt it would toughen her up so that she could make hard decisions. I always felt Lee needed to walk that line between preparing Clem and showing her love like I feel her real Dad would have in that situation.

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By sparklykiss

I had picked the "I'll miss you" option because I was already a bit of a weak and blubbering mess. I was not prepared to let this all go yet.

I had Clem take out Lee as well, but upon reflection that seems like the really selfish option. Like made I should have had her save that bullet for when she'd be caught in a pickle later. And to save her some trauma. I'm not sure what choice was truly best there.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Kerned

@Sparklykiss: The main reason I had her shoot me is because I was afraid something would happen (Lee would get loose, Clem would come near him, etc.) and she would get hurt. The idea of Clem getting hurt was so much worse than anything else.

Ryuku_Ryosake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ryuku_Ryosake

What is wrong with you people? Am I the only one that pick "You're strong"? Choosing "I'll miss you" would only make it harder on Clem and really doesn't need saying. Choosing "Don't be afraid" makes more since it is both comforting and teaches a lesson but in the Walking Dead world the moment you stop being afraid is the moment you die. So clearly "You're Strong" is the only right choice. The final message of you can do this and you can do anything, always keep on the move, and if you run into Crista and Omid they're good people.

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By sparklykiss

@Kerned: I thought about that as well. Like if she had a moment of weakness and held on to Lee and him biting her or something. But that was a hefty call. I feel like I really choked when I told her I'd miss her. I think that could really take a toll on her emotionally since she just saw her parents in the street and all.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ShadyPingu

I said something like "You'll be okay."

I didn't want the last words I said to Clem to be about me. I wanted to propel her forward into the trials ahead, instead of have her dwell on Lee, her dead happenstance caretaker.

I will miss her, though. :(

eskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By eskimo

I chose "Don't be afraid", because Lee wouldnt miss her, being dead and all.

I also had her shoot me because it would help her be strong enough to survive.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JasonR86

@rebgav said:

@JasonR86 said:

@rebgav said:

@JasonR86 said:

@rebgav said:

@JasonR86 said:

She should not be able to sneak through a town full of zombies while heaving and whining and blowing snot-bubbles. I always viewed Lee's job as being preparing that girl to survive on her own, so I had no compulsion to pick the sentimental option.

I felt like Lee was a surrogate Dad. So, to me, he needed to teach her how to survive but he also needs her to know that he cares for her. I also had her shot Lee because I felt it would toughen her up so that she could make hard decisions. I always felt Lee needed to walk that line between preparing Clem and showing her love like I feel her real Dad would have in that situation.

...but he's not her father and we always knew that there was going to be a definite end to their relationship. While I always had Lee look after Clem I didn't think it was the right option, or even a viable option, to make that situation more stressful or emotional than it already was. I used all of my dialog options at the end on practical advice.

I don't know. Maybe it's my naive self but I always tried to play Lee as someone who is still in touch with his humanity but wasn't afraid to do dirt when it was needed. I think telling Clem "I'll miss you." but then having her kill Lee before he turns keeps her in touch with her emotions as well toughens her up for the hard life she now will have to lead. Telling her 'don't be afraid' is a lie. Her fear will keep her safe. Telling her that Lee cared for her and that he'll miss her keeps her human.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember picking "You're Strong."

Why not? She has grown a lot since the first episode, and I want her to know that I have confidence in her that she will survive. Why would you say "I'll miss you"? I think it goes without saying that they both loved each other a lot, and it's obvious that they will miss each other.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By bkbroiler

I picked the "It'll be okay" option for the same reason a few other people have said in this topic. "I'll miss you" is the worst, most selfish answer to me. What a shitty thing to say to someone right before you die.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#24  Edited By AndrewB

I was torn between the "It'll be okay" and "I'll miss you," but fuck, the correct answer ("I'll miss you") came from the heart. "It'll be okay" is a reassuring lie. Though "I'll miss you" leaves forever-etched emotional scars on a digital character and on me...

Laiv162560asse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Laiv162560asse

@Ryuku_Ryosake said:

What is wrong with you people? Am I the only one that pick "You're strong"? Choosing "I'll miss you" would only make it harder on Clem and really doesn't need saying. Choosing "Don't be afraid" makes more since it is both comforting and teaches a lesson but in the Walking Dead world the moment you stop being afraid is the moment you die. So clearly "You're Strong" is the only right choice.

I definitely said both "You're strong" and "Don't be afraid" to her, so those are separate dialogue moments.

Technocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Technocide

Number A.

Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#27  Edited By Nev

I told her I'd miss her. That may have been chosen more as my own personal thoughts, over what I really felt Lee would say. I will miss that character... hopefully she appears in future seasons, but probably not.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By JasonR86

@rebgav said:

@JasonR86 said:

@rebgav said:

@JasonR86 said:

@rebgav said:

@JasonR86 said:

@rebgav said:

@JasonR86 said:

...but he's not her father and we always knew that there was going to be a definite end to their relationship. While I always had Lee look after Clem I didn't think it was the right option, or even a viable option, to make that situation more stressful or emotional than it already was. I used all of my dialog options at the end on practical advice.

I don't know. Maybe it's my naive self but I always tried to play Lee as someone who is still in touch with his humanity but wasn't afraid to do dirt when it was needed. I think telling Clem "I'll miss you." but then having her kill Lee before he turns keeps her in touch with her emotions as well toughens her up for the hard life she now will have to lead. Telling her 'don't be afraid' is a lie. Her fear will keep her safe. Telling her that Lee cared for her and that he'll miss her keeps her human.

To me, "I'll miss you" seems self-indulgent. Especially when you consider that she's about to have to shoot you in the head. That's a scenario that I would balk at subjecting a grown person to, I can't really imagine what a child would do with those two pieces of information. I'll miss you, now kill me.

I don't recall which of the other options I picked but neither were ideal. Still, your view of those options probably depends on how you perceive that Clementine has progressed over the course of the game. I kind of feel that the Clementines who suffered the "I'll miss you" moment would probably turn out to be zombie chow or emotionally scarred psychopaths :p My Clem could beat up your Clem, etc.

Your Clem would be an unfeeling sociopath. MY Clem would be a level-headed badass.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#29  Edited By AndrewB

@Laivasse said:

I definitely said both "You're strong" and "Don't be afraid" to her, so those are separate dialogue moments.

Moi aussi. I think the line "You're strong now!" (or something to the effect) came up earlier.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JasonR86

@AndrewB said:

@Laivasse said:

Moi aussi. I think the line "You're strong now!" (or something to the effect) came up earlier.

It did. It was right after she beat the zombie's head in with a bat.

EDIT:

I'm also not really clear how telling her "I'll miss you." was selfish. I mean it reflects Lee's emotions regarding Clem. It tells Clem that he cared for her and he's said that they can't be together anymore. Those emotions don't just up and disappear because the world is falling apart. The girl still needs to have emotions and be aware of them otherwise she'll just fucking fall apart. Telling Clem goodbye puts a bow on that relationship. No loose ends. To me that would keep her from feeling as if that relationship was never fully complete. "I'll miss you." is a good ending to an important relationship and now Clem can move on.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#31  Edited By bkbroiler

@JasonR86 said:

@rebgav said:

@JasonR86 said:

@rebgav said:

@JasonR86 said:

@rebgav said:

@JasonR86 said:

@rebgav said:

@JasonR86 said:

To me, "I'll miss you" seems self-indulgent. Especially when you consider that she's about to have to shoot you in the head. That's a scenario that I would balk at subjecting a grown person to, I can't really imagine what a child would do with those two pieces of information. I'll miss you, now kill me.

I don't recall which of the other options I picked but neither were ideal. Still, your view of those options probably depends on how you perceive that Clementine has progressed over the course of the game. I kind of feel that the Clementines who suffered the "I'll miss you" moment would probably turn out to be zombie chow or emotionally scarred psychopaths :p My Clem could beat up your Clem, etc.

Your Clem would be an unfeeling sociopath. MY Clem would be a level-headed badass.

Well my Clem was in the army and could beat up your Clem any day of the week!

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By JasonR86

I like how we're all calling her Lee's name for her 'Clem'. When you really think about it it is really dumb how attached we all seem to have been to this character in this game.

Hadoken101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Hadoken101

@JasonR86 said:

I like how we're all calling her Lee's name for her 'Clem'. When you really think about it it is really dumb how attached we all seem to have been to this character in this game.

I wouldn't say that was Lee's name for her, pretty much everyone at some point calls her that. Now if we were all calling her Sweet Pea, well... actually that would be weird.

izzygraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By izzygraze

@Ryuku_Ryosake said:

What is wrong with you people? Am I the only one that pick "You're strong"? Choosing "I'll miss you" would only make it harder on Clem and really doesn't need saying. Choosing "Don't be afraid" makes more since it is both comforting and teaches a lesson but in the Walking Dead world the moment you stop being afraid is the moment you die. So clearly "You're Strong" is the only right choice. The final message of you can do this and you can do anything, always keep on the move, and if you run into Crista and Omid they're good people.

I picked the "you're strong" option or it might of been "You'll be alright". She was going to shoot me in the face, so saying "I'll miss you" seemed like a dick move. I wanted her to feel good about herself and capable in a world where she was alone.

jmood88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jmood88

@Ryuku_Ryosake said:

I don't think you're given those choices at the same time. At the very least, you can tell her that she's strong earlier, which is what I did, then picked "I'll miss you" for the last dialogue option.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#36  Edited By spankingaddict

@JasonR86 said:

@spankingaddict said:

A

Right?

Just letting everyone know that I choose option A. on your poll . :P

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Quid_Pro_Bono

@JasonR86: Yeah, I was sad and wanted to say I missed her but that didn't help HER in the slightest. She knows I'll miss her.

KyleSellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By KyleSellers

I believe there was an option to say "You'll be okay" or "You'll be fine." I chose that because I wanted her to have the last minute reassurance/confidence boost in case she felt like facing the world on her own was a hopeless proposition

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#39  Edited By benspyda

A. Followed by sobbing. Man that ending...

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#40  Edited By PhatSeeJay

"You'll be okay." Gotta boost whatever spirit the poor girl has left.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By LackingSaint

I picked "Don't be afraid." I miss you would just emotionally destroy Clementine, and I never wanted to do that. Don't be afraid gives closure and reaffirms a huge theme of everything i've been teaching Clem; don't deny the horrors of the world, but don't let them change you.

pandorasbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42  Edited By pandorasbox

I shed a fucking tear during this sequence. I picked "don't be scared" or whatever it was.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By golguin

I went with "Don't be afraid." The way I see it the situation was already hard enough without telling Clem that I would miss her right before I had her shoot me. I told her that "we learned not to be afraid" in episode 3 when she couldn't shoot the walker so it made sense to reinforce that point since I wouldn't be around to protect her anymore. I had already told her she was strong in an option right before that to reassure her that she could survive and that she had to let me go.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#44  Edited By Baillie

@JasonR86:

No Caption Provided
    LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By LackingSaint

The only bad option I can really say from the four is "You'll be okay". It's such a blatant lie and does nothing to reinforce the relationship that Lee and Clem have built over the last few games. Even "..." has some merit because it's making it easier for her not talking before she has to kill you.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Ramone

I picked "I'll miss you" because it was true goddammit. *Breaks down in tears*

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Lukeweizer

"Don't be afraid". I wanted her to feel as safe and confident as possible.

Chtasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Chtasm
    • "Don't be afraid." Don't let your emotions take precedence over the situation. A final bit of advice.
    • "You'll be okay." Nothing is going to be sunshine and rainbows anymore, but Lee may think she's ready to deal with it. A vote for confidence in her ability.
    • "I'll miss you." Appeal to her heart rather than her head and multiply the effect by making her leave you to die/shoot you. No good for her future in the wastes.
    • "..." Jackass4lyfe.

I felt it went without saying that they're obviously going to miss each other, so I didn't go with that. My Lee wanted her to stay strong throughout and was trying to get her ready for the world til the end. I went with "Afraid," but an "Okay" is fine, too.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By colourful_hippie

@FluxWaveZ said:

I told her that she was strong or don't be afraid. Either one that was there.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#50  Edited By cornbredx

I picked "Don't be afraid." How is that a lie?  
    I'm not telling her she wont be afraid, I'm telling her to stay strong and not be afraid. 
    How does that make me a monster? Saying "I'll miss you" makes no sense if you're dead/dying! I won't miss you if I'm dead. I won't have any feeling on the matter. 

haha, this thread is silly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.