Where is Episode 5?

#1 Edited by Hizang (8532 posts) -

The game was supposed to be out today on PSN, checked the store and I can't find it anywhere. When i go into the game and go onto episode 5 it just says "Coming Soon".

Edit - I am in the UK.

#2 Posted by Milkman (16846 posts) -
@Hizang It's been up for hours. Go to the store and search Walking Dead.
#3 Edited by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@Milkman: Its not, Teltaille even released a guide on how to find it on the PSN, I followed them and still nothing.

#4 Posted by Milkman (16846 posts) -
@Hizang: Oh, you're in the UK. In that case, it's not up until tomorrow. Only North America's PSN store was today.
#5 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4825 posts) -

@Milkman said:

@Hizang: Oh, you're in the UK. In that case, it's not up until tomorrow. Only North America's PSN store was today.

You wouldn't happen to know when it's released on Xbox, would you? I just finished episode 4 and... damn.

#6 Edited by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@Milkman: No look.

Don't worry EU PS3 owners, you'll be able to enjoy the final episode of Telltale's The Walking Dead game tomorrow.

Published on Nov 20, 2012

The fact that we have to do a story devoted entirely to the release of the EU PSN version of The Walking Dead just goes to show how much of a mess this has been for Sony and Telltale Games.

So this is just a friendly reminder that The Walking Dead: Episode 5 will launch worldwide this week - today for Xbox 360 and US PS3 gamers and tomorrow for EU PS3 gamers.

Sony Europe has confirmed this over on the PSN EU blog; let's just hope nothing goes wrong because they likely won't be able to deal with the fallout if it did.

The game has been plagued with European-exclusive issues ever since the second episode, and so many fans will appreciate the news that they won't have to avoid the internet for weeks for fear of spoilers.

So yes...

@Oldirtybearon: Yesterday according to this statement.

#7 Posted by Milkman (16846 posts) -
#8 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -
#9 Posted by Milkman (16846 posts) -
@Hizang: Yeah, but isn't it like 7 am in the UK? The PSN store doesn't get updated until the middle of the day. 
#10 Posted by Max_Cherry (1136 posts) -

Yeah, it's not on steam here in the US either.

#11 Edited by audioBusting (1564 posts) -

PSN updates at noon.

@Max_Cherry said:

Yeah, it's not on steam here in the US either.

PSN releases the episode one day earlier. (edit: as in, it'll probably be on Steam in 1-2 hours)

#12 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@Milkman said:

@Hizang: Yeah, but isn't it like 7 am in the UK? The PSN store doesn't get updated until the middle of the day.

Oh really? I didn't know that, well that explains everything, thank you.

#13 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Ok so I am now in the process of downloading it, but man its a fucking hassle to find, It doesn't come under any kind of new releases, or even new add on. Instead I need to search for the season pass, then in similar items is the episode 5.

This whole thing makes the new store shit, at least with the old one I knew how to find stuff.

#14 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

@Hizang said:

Ok so I am now in the process of downloading it, but man its a fucking hassle to find, It doesn't come under any kind of new releases, or even new add on. Instead I need to search for the season pass, then in similar items is the episode 5.

This whole thing makes the new store shit, at least with the old one I knew how to find stuff.

stop complaining and go play your fucking game

#15 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@Bell_End said:

@Hizang said:

stop complaining and go play your fucking game

It was downloading, you can't really defend that shit store either, so messy.

But on the other hand, that game is now the best game I have played this year.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.