Why is this not on XBLA yet ?

#1 Posted by G0rd0nFr33m4n (762 posts) -

Hey Everyone,

I was expecting to download this so me and my girlfriend could play a bit today but it's not there, any reason why ?

:/

Thanks.

#2 Posted by Vexxan (4598 posts) -

Been looking for it too but I can't find it either.

#3 Posted by fox01313 (5033 posts) -

Probably tied up with certification issues, publisher's choice or could be that they are spacing the games out on the XBLA releases. Hard to tell but good to know it's coming out soon for it.

#4 Posted by BleedingStarX (279 posts) -

Because its only out on PC and PS3 today, according to x360a there is not date for the 360 version yet

#5 Edited by vstag (25 posts) -

xbox.com has it listed as today, so it should be up to download sometime today. If they did not change there minds at the last sec and never changed there website, but if it does not come out soon I think I am going to get the steam version.

#6 Posted by RazielCuts (2711 posts) -

I don't know if you listened to the Bombcast episode all about the Walking Dead game with Gary Whitta and a designer from Tellltale but I think they said something about the XBLA version coming a bit later because of certification?

#7 Edited by ADAMWD (501 posts) -

@RazielCuts: They said the iOS version would be later, but never said that the XBLA or PSN versions would be after the PC release.

EDIT: Apparently the game is out now on PSN, so it is just the XBLA version that hasn't been put up.

#8 Posted by RawknRo11a (508 posts) -

yea, according to xbox.com the "original release date" is listed as 4/25/2012...

damn, was really hoping to get into this today...

#9 Posted by ADAMWD (501 posts) -

Someone on Gamefaqs says the game will be on XBLA at 12:00pm EST. Not sure what their source is though.

#10 Posted by Breadfan (6586 posts) -
@RawknRo11a

yea, according to xbox.com the "original release date" is listed as 4/25/2012...

damn, was really hoping to get into this today...

Wut.
#11 Posted by RawknRo11a (508 posts) -
#12 Posted by Breadfan (6586 posts) -
@RawknRo11a I swear the Xbox site said it was out the 24th, or maybe I'm just losing it.
#13 Posted by Dagbiker (6898 posts) -

Because xbla always screws telltail

#14 Posted by RawknRo11a (508 posts) -

@Breadfan: i think we're all losing it...

#15 Posted by louiedog (2330 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

Because xbla always screws telltail

Or because Telltale was late getting it to Microsoft. They don't even have it available on their own site for download yet. People in their forums are throwing tantrums, making threats, etc. You know, usual forum bitching. They've even been rolling out Steam keys to pre-order holders but that's just making some of them even more upset because they are crazy people.

#16 Posted by Superfriend (1457 posts) -

So, can I buy individual episodes over on the official Telltale site?

I hate having to put down money up front if I don´t even know I like it. It´s supposed to be episodic, so why not let me buy it that way?

#17 Posted by louiedog (2330 posts) -

@Superfriend said:

So, can I buy individual episodes over on the official Telltale site?

I hate having to put down money up front if I don´t even know I like it. It´s supposed to be episodic, so why not let me buy it that way?

Nope. You can't even get it delivered yet. The only places to buy individual eps are on PS3 and XBLA when it releases. XBLA will of course have a demo as well.

#18 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

I was looking forward to playing this all day.

#19 Posted by Dagbiker (6898 posts) -
@louiedog

@Dagbiker said:

Because xbla always screws telltail

Or because Telltale was late getting it to Microsoft. They don't even have it available on their own site for download yet. People in their forums are throwing tantrums, making threats, etc. You know, usual forum bitching. They've even been rolling out Steam keys to pre-order holders but that's just making some of them even more upset because they are crazy people.

I was more refering to the thing xbox did with Wallace and Gromate.
#20 Posted by sublime90 (524 posts) -

well dont feel bad. i pre ordered it directly from TT site and they dont even have it up yet but steam had it up and running yesterday morning.

#21 Posted by louiedog (2330 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

@louiedog

@Dagbiker said:

Because xbla always screws telltail

Or because Telltale was late getting it to Microsoft. They don't even have it available on their own site for download yet. People in their forums are throwing tantrums, making threats, etc. You know, usual forum bitching. They've even been rolling out Steam keys to pre-order holders but that's just making some of them even more upset because they are crazy people.

I was more refering to the thing xbox did with Wallace and Gromate.

Oh, I understand. I didn't think we'd ever see episodic Telltale games on XBLA after that. But then they struck that deal last year and it seemed pretty obvious that Jurassic Park was delayed to a simultaneous console and PC release as a result.

I was just pointing out their issues getting it out on PC as well because I think this time it might be on Telltale and not MIcrosoft. I guess we'll see. Hopefully someone updates us on the status soon.

#22 Posted by louiedog (2330 posts) -

Major Nelson just announced on twitter that it's coming Friday.

#23 Posted by weegieanawrench (1918 posts) -

Well shit. Eh, another 2 days won't kill me.

#24 Posted by MariachiMacabre (6937 posts) -

@louiedog said:

Major Nelson just announced on twitter that it's coming Friday.

FFFFFuck.

#25 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

major nelson said friday

#26 Posted by Superfriend (1457 posts) -

@louiedog said:

@Superfriend said:

So, can I buy individual episodes over on the official Telltale site?

I hate having to put down money up front if I don´t even know I like it. It´s supposed to be episodic, so why not let me buy it that way?

Nope. You can't even get it delivered yet. The only places to buy individual eps are on PS3 and XBLA when it releases. XBLA will of course have a demo as well.

Yeah, nothing so far on the Telltale site. Guess I´m gonna have to wait for the xbla version to get a demo.. and then buy whatever version seems to run the best (probably PC).

#27 Edited by senorfuzzeh (385 posts) -

@Breadfan: It was only the 24th for PC and PS3. Xbox release date was suppose to be 25th :/

Fuckin major nelson. NOW yo tell me it comes out friday.

#28 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.