Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Won't launch on steam

andriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By andriv

Anyone else having this problem?

I tried running both the game exe and steam as admin and verified the integrity of the game cache but it won't launch

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I did, then I updated my video drivers. That didn't work in itself. But afterwards I found the exe. set it to run as admin and in compatibility with windows 98/me. and then it started up just fine.

btw, I might not make much sense since my windows language is not english and neither is mine. =P

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By DrPockets000

I have tried runnin in admin, running compatibility for 98/Me, verified game cache, running steam offline, restarting my computer, reinstalling the game, opening up all permissions for all users for the game, updating my video drivers, and running Windows in 32 bit. I get the Steam message saying that the game is starting, then the screen goes black for about a second and then nothing happens. The game worked twice before this started happening, then I got the "WalkingDead.exe has stopped working message" but that doesn't happen anymore. After almost a week, Telltale has still not replied to my email. 

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman

@DrPockets000: That's lame. Have you tried hitting Alt+Enter when you get the black screen to try and force it into a window?

Does Steam still think you're in the game after the black screen shows up? How long does the black screen last?

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By DrPockets000
    @JJWeatherman: The screen is only there for a second; it's just a flicker.  However... 

GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE!! 

I got it to work by telling windows to "troubleshoot compatibility". Finally got to play the game again :)
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By JJWeatherman

@DrPockets000: Nice!

I just played through episode 2 and I think the only accurate response to all of that is: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu...!

What a great game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.