kristofmic's The Walking Dead - Episode 1 (Xbox 360 Games Store) review

EP 1: It Begins With Brains

Like “The Walking Dead” books and television show? Shut up! It doesn’t matter! This game is such a joy and exists wonderfully on its own--the parallels to the other properties enhanced the game nada for me.

The visuals are drawn and painted, which makes for a comic novel-esque vibe that just feels right.

The voice acting serves its purpose, not adding to or detracting from the story. The audio builds suspense but is beautifully subdued and calming when you have a second free from all of those confounded zombies.

And the story, It shines! It’s suspenseful, it’s fraught with drama, conflict, a bit of love, and difficult choices.

The gameplay is meant only as a means to further the story, which like the voice acting, is exactly what this kind of game needs.

Get it!

Other reviews for The Walking Dead - Episode 1 (Xbox 360 Games Store)

Walk and Talk 0

The hype surrounding the first season of AMC's adaptation of The Walking Dead was fairly substantial. It seemed like we were going to get a thoughtful, expertly-written zombie melodrama from the guy who had so successfully adapted The Shawshank Redemption in the 90's. The pilot aired to critical acclaim, it seemed we had got what we wanted, only to then be treated to five further episodes of distinctly average writing and characterisation, sporadic zombie appearances and glacier-slow plotting. I...

That looks infected! 0

The Walking Dead Ep. 1 Reviewed by Doc D StrangeFirst off I haven't read the comic's even though a buddy named Brandon swears by them. I am though a huge fan of the AMC series. When I first heard that a game was in development I had my reservations thinking that who ever was making the game would just fuck it up but I was wrong. I found out that Telltale Games was making it and I began to think "WORD!" they're a perfect fit to make a downloadable series of the trials and tribulations of living a...