Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Overkill's The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Nov 06, 2018

From the studio behind the Payday series of objective-based co-operative first-person shooters comes their adaptation of the horror franchise The Walking Dead. It was discontinued three months after release.

Walking Dead Co-Op Game Announced

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Robert Kirkman the co-creator of the Walking Dead series has just announced his interactive studio Skybound is partnering up with Overkill Studios makers of the Payday franchise to make a co-op Walking Dead game. From my standpoint while I still enjoy the comic series and buy the trade paperbacks from time to time I'm kinda unsure about what this game would entail and how it could separate itself from the Left 4 Dead franchise in a substantial way. I mean I played tons of Payday 2 and got maybe 400 hours or so logged in that game but at the be all end all that game is still a wave based shooter once you failed at the stealth portion of that game. Left 4 Dead is pretty much the same exact thing, waves of zombies with a few moments of calm in between. Now for all the kinks that Payday 2 had there was some real gratification from completing each of those heists on stealth, just unsure if people would have the patience for that game if that's what it's primary focus was. Game sounds pretty early but I'll keep my eye out for this one if it does ever come out.

http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791433980119/announcements/detail/252519633803947552

Q & A Session

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SomeDeliCook

It only took 3 seperate games to finally get to a co-op Walking Dead game.

I think it would be really cool if it was a structured survival game where you are trying to get from point A to point B, like one city to another in a different state, scavenging resources along the way. The more players you have, the more people can help out and scavenge, but the more resources you'll need. Or just leave it at 4 players max with AI survivors in your group to increase your numbers past 4.

If its just Left 4 Dead with no special infected, ehhhhhhhhh I'd be far less insterested. Also I really dislike when games get announced years ahead of their planned launch, and especially when theres no media to backup the announcement

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.