Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Warriors

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Oct 17, 2005

The Warriors is an action adventure 3D brawler that covers and expands the events depicted in the movie of the same name.

Anyone know how this game is on PS4?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

And maybe more in depth, how is the game in general? I vaguely remember it. My brother and I rented the game around the time it came out. I know it's a beat 'em up, and I remember a section where you had to run away and jump across building to building (at least, that's my memory of it), but we didn't beat it, and I didn't play it much aside from that memory of it. I knew of The Warriors film before playing it (my dad had talked about it), but hadn't seen it fully through at that time; it wasn't until maybe a few years ago now that I had seen it on Amazon Prime. It was pretty decent. I am most interested to know though, not just how this game is, but how it is through the PS2 on PS4. Also, Alex seemed to enjoy it!

Avatar image for tigerface_killah
    Tigerface_Killah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Tigerface_Killah

I played through the entirety of the ps4 port and thoroughly enjoyed it. There's no mistaking that it is a ps2 game, but playing it for the first time myself, I felt that it stood the test of time. The overall gameplay is pretty fun; not as complicated or varied as modern games, but good all the same. The story itself, however, is worth the $15 dollar price tag alone in my opinion. As a fan of the film, I was pretty impressed by how accurate, well-written, and well voice-acted the dialogue was; it felt quite true to the film. In addition to this, the majority of the game takes place before the film, filling in gaps that never existed with a surprisingly good story which leads up to the film.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerface_killah: Do you know if it supports Dolby Digital? From what I understand, the PS2 version didn't support it (while the Xbox version did), and as a game that sounds good, I would want to utilize surround.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerface_killah: Never mind, I just bought it. It doesn't really support it, but it doesn't really matter. Thanks for the post. I'm still only in training, but I'm already liking it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.