Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

A Few Questions About Tweaking The Witcher 2

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RonGalaxy

Sorry in advance if this is considered a duplicate thread or if there's another thread where I could have asked this. Looked through the first few pages of the witcher 2 threads and nothing seemed to fit my needs.

First off my laptops native resolution is 1366x768, but I have to run the game at 1280x720 to have it perform the best it can. This makes it so the text/UI is almost unreadable. There's a little section on the bottom right of the screen where stat stuff pops up and it's literally unreadable. What is the best fix for text/UI on a lower than native resolution?

Lastly, this isn't as important, but I'd like to change it if I can. After messing with the .ini files I was able to get the game to a place where I was fine with the way it looked and it also was performing well. While playing I noticed killed enemies were turning into bags on the ground (ala bioshock infinite). I really hate when games do this, especially serious ones. Is this just something the game normally does or did I accidentally mess with a setting to make it do this? If so what's the name of the setting in the .ini file?Answered

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@rongalaxy:

Delete the INI file and check for integrity. It'll just remake it

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RonGalaxy

@fallen189: yeah, but I still need to know the specific setting. If I reset the .ini I'm still not going to know the right thing to change and I'll have to go through every setting to see which one it is. I'd rather not have to do that.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By GERALTITUDE

The loot bag is normal behaviour, sorry duder, have a similar pet peeve.

If they have no loot, there is no body or bag.

Considering what a WILD WILD performance hog W2 was on release it makes sense the high poly bodies vanish after death.

May be a way to change that but unknown to me.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RonGalaxy

@geraltitude: Thanks for the info! I can look past it if it's the default thing. I do think stuff like that is immersion breaking though.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraltitude: Thanks for the info! I can look past it if it's the default thing. I do think stuff like that is immersion breaking though.

Yeah, absolutely. That's one thing I've always loved about the Elder Scrolls. It's especially a bummer for monsters to drop leather sacks, not that it makes much sense a knight's broadsword would fall into a bag either. Pretty sure bodies stayed in the original Witcher. This made it feel like you were doing autopsies on the creatures for their eyes and livers, which was really cool. Minor as it may sound I do hope W3 leaves the bodies on the ground.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraltitude: Im playing the first witcher right now and it's pretty much the same thing, except instead of bags its just a default "remains" model, which looks like a burnt torso.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GERALTITUDE

@rongalaxy said:

@geraltitude: Im playing the first witcher right now and it's pretty much the same thing, except instead of bags its just a default "remains" model, which looks like a burnt torso.

ahhhh right right. My bad memory. It must only be that first monster whose body actually stays (looks like a preying mantis)? I swear *something* stuck around. I guess a burnt torso > leather bag?

Do we have a concept for Bodies That Stay?

Edit: Yep, found it - Persistent Corpses

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.