Apparently you can't register your Witcher 2 copy

#1 Posted by granderojo (1772 posts) -

So I installed Witcher 2 and went to register it on steam, and steam wouldn't take my key. I then went to register the game through the launcher, and it said the registration servers were down. Is anyone else having this problem? And could it be due to pirates DDOSing the servers or the game is outselling their expectations?


Either way the registration servers are down.
#2 Posted by Thule (690 posts) -

I think they were down due to a patch being uploaded or something. Try again later.

#3 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

Yes you can.  I registered mine and downloaded Troll Trouble all in the first 8 hrs of owning the game.

#4 Posted by granderojo (1772 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow said:
Yes you can.  I registered mine and downloaded Troll Trouble all in the first 8 hrs of owning the game.
You were saying? 
#5 Posted by monkeyroach (175 posts) -
@thabigred said:
So I installed Witcher 2 and went to register it on steam, and steam wouldn't take my key. I then went to register the game through the launcher, and it said the registration servers were down. Is anyone else having this problem? And could it be due to pirates DDOSing the servers or the game is outselling their expectations?

Either way the registration servers are down.
The witcher 2 is not a steampowered game so your key will not register.The Servers are getting hammered not ddosing.
#6 Posted by Seppli (9743 posts) -

Overpowered by demand I guess.

There's a free DLC quest in Act 1 (for registered users). Guess I'm gonna miss out on that on my first playthrough.

#7 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@thabigred said:
@SeriouslyNow said:
Yes you can.  I registered mine and downloaded Troll Trouble all in the first 8 hrs of owning the game.
You were saying? 
Maybe the servers are busy?  Maybe it's the fact you use IE as your browser (I use Firefox)? But I did indeed register and download Troll Trouble same day as unlocking the game.

#8 Posted by granderojo (1772 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow: Chromium is my default browser, I don't understand why it's trying to use IE.
#9 Posted by thornie_delete (436 posts) -

Just registered through Steam w/ no problems at all.  I dled the "Troll Trouble" DLC and installed it by finding the Witcher 2 launcher.exe, right clicking and selecting "Run as Administrator". 

#10 Posted by granderojo (1772 posts) -

I went to the gog forums and a ton of people are having this problem.


Apparently it has to do with some kind of temp. files on your webbrowser that disable you from downloading the patch. 
#11 Posted by granderojo (1772 posts) -

You even go to their website and the register/login button is greyed out. I guess it's just down completely unless you have the steam copy. I wish I had got this on steam.

#12 Posted by Zajtalan (1153 posts) -
@thabigred said:
@SeriouslyNow said:
Yes you can.  I registered mine and downloaded Troll Trouble all in the first 8 hrs of owning the game.
You were saying? 
hahaha the background image XD So random!
#13 Posted by granderojo (1772 posts) -
@Zajtalan: I was looking for some books to read on Hockey, sue me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.